Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Well actually it is. The only court where your honour is used is the jp court and an offence of this nature isnt allowed to be heard in a jp court. 

Getting off topic though. I am purely pointing out that some Rangers fans may have a legal defence for being on the pitch as plently have asked why they were there. In reality id expect the vast majority to be on the pitch for other reasons and they should be dealt with accordingly.

That may well be a defence, a pretty unsuccessful one I'd imagine though. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

That may well be a defence, a pretty unsuccessful one I'd imagine though. 

Given the likely circumstances id imagine you are correct. I was purely raising it in responce to those saying any rangers fan on the pitch was automatically guilty. 

As i said earlier if i was at a Scotland game and fans were attacking Scotland players id be tempted to protect them. Obviously thats where id stop though and not run round throwing punches at anything in green.

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Surprised there hasn't been ratings for each team yet. 

Hibs

Fans sprint ability: 6

Getitupyeability: 10

Drop kicks: 0

Players decked: 6

Sevco

Vocal talent: 8

Reactions: 10

Playing the victim card: 10

Barrier Vaulting: 6

On balance it's fair to say Rangers are winners during the unanticipated extra time. 

:lol: not sure its enough though to convince Paddy Power to pay out on my Rangers extra time bet.

14 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Well actually it is. The only court where your honour is used is the jp court and an offence of this nature isnt allowed to be heard in a jp court. 

Getting off topic though. I am purely pointing out that some Rangers fans may have a legal defence for being on the pitch as plently have asked why they were there. In reality id expect the vast majority to be on the pitch for other reasons and they should be dealt with accordingly.

So it's wrong but actually it's right?!  Aside from JP's there are circuit courts where both terms are used depending on the judge - in Scotland and England. 

Anyway, as regards your actual point - I think your "defence", given the context here, may be considered a mitigating factor in sentencing at the very most. 

That at all said, I would not be happy sitting and watching opposing fans laying into my players. I wouldn't take to the pitch, but I would be horrified. Disgusting scenes and wholly unacceptable. 

56 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

So it's wrong but actually it's right?!  Aside from JP's there are circuit courts where both terms are used depending on the judge - in Scotland and England. 

Anyway, as regards your actual point - I think your "defence", given the context here, may be considered a mitigating factor in sentencing at the very most. 

That at all said, I would not be happy sitting and watching opposing fans laying into my players. I wouldn't take to the pitch, but I would be horrified. Disgusting scenes and wholly unacceptable. 

No its wrong. Offences of this nature arent heard in the jp court so your honour is wrong. Also i suggest you go and look up what self defence is. Its a defence. Mitigation is something completely different. Quite happy to discuss other elements of law that you are unaware of though if you want to continue.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

And I could be wrong as i dont do civil law but im pretty certain circuit courts are mainly England and Wales and never for criminal, they are civil for things like small claims.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

No its wrong. Offences of this nature arent heard in the jp court so your honour is wrong. Also i suggest you go and look up what self defence is. Its a defence. Mitigation is something completely different. Quite happy to discuss other elements of law that you are unaware of though if you want to continue.

Wow - we're having a lawyer-off!!  I haven't commented on what JP's can hear or not. Also, I think you've misunderstood. I said your self defence plea wouldn't stand as an actual defence but that it might be considered a mitigating factor.  Hopefully that clarifies. I wasn't trying to be arsey - you're sounding like your heading down that road though.  Yes, there are circuit courts in Scotland and the phrase your honour is used if applicable.  Yes, they are civil and not criminal. So again not applicable to this case but that wasn't what I said either. 

3 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

We would have probably have got humped by a Welsh League side so I'm happy to leave that to Hibs (if they're allowed in the competition that is).

Probably...Still, must admit that it's a kick tae the baws for them to end their 114 year hoodoo against us :(

Their knuckledragging fans showed them up for what they are...Hope they rot in the Championship for years.

Sensible article from Leckie.... Wow. 

-----------------

A kick up the 1980s: Hibs leave grail of destruction

Fans proudly parade pitch souvenirs
By BILL LECKIE
12:35, 22 May 2016

YOU hate to say it after all the pain they’ve been through.
But if that’s the way Hibs fans celebrate winning the Scottish Cup, here’s hoping it’s another 114 years before they do it again.
The thousands among them who didn’t behave like savages at time up might think that’s unfair.
Truth is, though, their moment of moments is forever tarnished — and all sympathy any neutral had with their desperate hunt for the silver grail has utterly vanished.
Opposing players punched. Goalposts destroyed. Huge chunks of turf torn up.
On a day of sunshine on Mount Florida, the black clouds of hooliganism swept back over Scottish football and rained on everyone’s parade.
And don’t give me the old nonsense about high spirits and celebrations getting out of hand, because this terrible return to the game’s bad old days was one more drunken swing of a boot away from turning into a full-scale riot.

That it didn’t is in huge part down to the restraint of the Rangers support. Yes, a few hundred dafties came over the side and tried to have a square go — but the majority stayed put, as shocked and sickened by the unfolding scenes as those watching on TV all around the world.
When I mention those watching, by the way, that includes the police and stewards who let it happen.
For all they did to stem the green tide from the east end of the stadium, they might as well have been traffic cones.
Hibs punters made it to the Rangers penalty box before any kind of plan kicked into action. By which time, more than one invader had been kicked into a sobbing ball of regret.
Suddenly, we were back in 1980, when battling Old Firm fans clashed in a hail of bottles and cans and the Government were forced to step in and ban bevvy from the terraces and stands.

Fans ran onto the pitch after Hibs won Cup for first time in 114 years
There were genuine fears of full-scale bloodshed. All leave was being cancelled in every A&E department and cop shop from Aikenhead Road to Arthur’s Seat.
Slowly — eventually — yellow-jacketed lines, bolstered by mounted officers, pushed the factions apart and the prospect of mass violence subsided.
Yet still thousands of Hibs fans refused to heed tannoy pleas to go back to the stands, seemingly oblivious of the chaos they’d caused. Still they danced and hugged, still they tried to get through the security cordon to get at the Rangers stands.
Eventually, it got so ridiculous even their fellow fans booed.

Incredibly, several of Alan Stubbs’ players — Jason Cummings, Lewis Stevenson, Darren McGregor, the dyed-in-the-wool troops — were still in amongst it all, occasionally bobbing up on the shoulders of a fan.
Goodness knows what might have happened to them had it really kicked off with the rival support, as several Rangers players had already taken a slap on their way to the dressing rooms.
Stubbs described it as “exuberance”. He either didn’t get it or was trying to sweep the full seriousness of it all under the rug; either way he did his club no credit at all.
As for chairman, Rod Petrie? The man’s a buffoon whose shoulder-shrugging reaction should — whatever sanctions come down upon his club — lead to his instant resignation.

To refuse to accept that the behaviour of the fans was disgraceful shows how out of touch with reality the man is.
No wonder Rangers refused to come back out to collect their runners-up medals. No wonder Mark Warburton just wanted to get his men changed, on the bus and away from it all before the Hibs end emptied onto the streets. Yes, they’ve had their own dark days of fan violence but yesterday was not their doing.
This as all about Hibs. It was a terrible, sad and a frightening end to what had been one of the best cup finals for many, many years. A game packed so much of what’s best about football, only for it all to end up relegated to a sideshow.
Most of us writing about the match had just about finished praising Stubbs and Co to the skies.
We were ready to sit back and listen to Sunshine On Leith. We were thinking that here we were, a tiny part of history.
I had a line in my head about how for 114 long years, Hibs had been Wile E Coyote and the Scottish Cup their Roadrunner. How every season they’d convinced themselves they’d get the better of that pesky silverware; yet every year, it found a new way to push them off the edge of a cliff.

Shocked Rangers players drop to the ground
Just when victory always seemed within their grasp, down came the giant Acme anvil and off the cliff they went, legs motoring for a spit-second as they defied reality. I was going to write about how unplayable two-goal Anthony Stokes had been, how resiliently they coped with injuries, how brilliantly Liam Henderson delivered the corners that turned a 2-1 deficit into an incredible triumph.
There was going to be a bit about how the only Rangers player to truly shine was Kenny Miller, who defied his age to score a marvellous hea-der and hit the bar.
There was, ironically, going to be criticism for the Rangers support’s never-ending bile of singing, even hailing their second by bawling that Andy Halliday hates the Pope and IRA.
After what was to come, though, that seemed small fry.
Everything that had gone before seemed almost irrelevant. Those Hibs hordes had made sure of that. They’d spoiled a wonderful spectacle for all of us. Worse than that, they’d spoiled it for themselves.
In the end, they got to see the cup handed over and sang their victory anthem. Never, though, has its strains left the watching nation quite so cold.

11 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Wow - we're having a lawyer-off!!  I haven't commented on what JP's can hear or not. Also, I think you've misunderstood. I said your self defence plea wouldn't stand as an actual defence but that it might be considered a mitigating factor.  Hopefully that clarifies. I wasn't trying to be arsey - you're sounding like your heading down that road though.  Yes, there are circuit courts in Scotland and the phrase your honour is used if applicable.  Yes, they are civil and not criminal. So again not applicable to this case but that wasn't what I said either. 

Honestly not trying to be arsey.  Was just trying to answer those that were saying any rangers fan on the pitch were automatically guilty.

If a fan came on, ran straight to a player being attqcked, three one punch or pushed the attacker away then would be covered legally under self defence.

Do i think thats what happend? No.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Honestly not trying to be arsey.  Was just trying to answer those that were saying any rangers fan on the pitch were automatically guilty.

If a fan came on, ran straight to a player being attqcked, three one punch or pushed the attacker away then would be covered legally under self defence.

No problem and fair enough.

I don't know the definitive self defence position - was just giving my thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

If Pars fans had gone on the pitch at the last game at Broomfield to protect the Pars players that were attacked then that would have been okay?

http://newsthump.com/2016/05/21/scottish-cup-final-hooliganism-marred-by-footballing-outbreak/

:lol:

Scottish Cup Final hooliganism marred by footballing outbreak

The violence occurred between two groups of psychopathic Scots, each with a penchant for football teams separated by about fifty miles.

As one Scottish hooligan told us, “When those Scottish fans come up against us Scottish fans, we see it as taking them taking liberties.”

“So we rounded up those Scottish fans, and us Scottish fans gave those other Scottish fans a right good hiding.”

The violent confrontation was marred by a 3-2 victory for Hibernian against Rangers in an unprovoked football match which broke out in the midst of the savage fighting.

As one witness explained, “It was disgusting, I could hardly see this one Scottish fan having his head repeatedly rammed into a plastic seat because of these blokes in bright coloured shirts kicking a ball backwards and forwards in front of me.

“My ticket put me almost 100 yards away from the real action, so all I could see were professional athletes men running around and the odd goal.

“If I wanted to see that sort of behaviour, I wouldn’t support Hibs, would I?”

Organisers of both ‘firms’ have been quick to denounce the behaviour of Hibernian and Rangers football clubs.

As one explained, “How are we supposed to finally decide which is the hardest set of fans if they insist on playing football right in the middle of our fights?

“Is it any wonder attendances are down and proper Scottish hooligans are falling out of love with the game when their clubs behave like this?”

Both firms have claimed victory, and the fight is due to go to a replay at the earliest possible opportunity.

Edited by fringo

4 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Niiiiiice.   You're a clever, clever man.   

EDIT...You're usually a decent poster...But bringing yourself down to 15 year old Timothy level by saying Sevco is just pathetic.

You do realise that your Sevco comment makes you look like a complete fud?

Edited by derekfaejapan

1 minute ago, derekfaejapan said:

You do realise that your Sevco comment makes you look like a complete fud?

What's wrong with Sevco?     

I could call you sectarian & bigoted knuckledraggers, but my keyboard would be worn out pretty sharpish.  

The hentai not taking away your frustrations any more that you need to abuse people online?    

What a sore, sore loser you are.   Right fu¢kin' round ye, ya bam. :lol::lol::wave:

Just now, OLAS said:

What's wrong with Sevco?     

I could call you sectarian & bigoted knuckledraggers, but my keyboard would be worn out pretty sharpish.  

The hentai not taking away your frustrations any more that you need to abuse people online?    

What a sore, sore loser you are.   Right fu¢kin' round ye, ya bam. :lol::lol::wave:

You could call me that but you'd be wrong.

I'm not sore at all, we didn't deserve to win...Well done, Hibs.

'Sevco' you say?......Same level as a 15 year old Timmy...Grow up, mate.