Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 43 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Yep.

Some facebook page named the Hibs fan pictured going for Lee Wallace and mentioned where he's from...

That boy will be safe - chances are high he's either still in London Road or currently sitting in Glasgow Sheriff Court :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Absolutely no sympathy for any Rangers fans over this. Their club has been playing this PR game like this for some time now and most Rangers fans I've seen have sat on their hands and allowed the utter idiots in the support to revel in victimhood. No doubting that there are idiots from both sets of fans who should and will be looking at lifetime bans and criminal records over this weekends scenes, but for the club itself to come out all guns blazing with that statement is absolutely disgraceful. I wouldnt be surprised if someone from Police Scotland hasn't popped in to have a quiet word. Rangers' reputation over the last few years has been utterly toxic and they are quickly reaching new depths that all decent fans should be very concerned about. Good to see a couple speak out but the vast majority seem quite happy to lap up the siege mentality and worryingly, act on it.

My jaw is still on the floor over the Nicola Sturgeon "parish" comment. What in the name of f***?!

Care to elaborate?  

1 hour ago, hunchy said:

There is footage of a rangers players getting sparked out in the centre circle. Not sure who it was but from what I have seen he is out cold. 

Would have thought this footage of knocked out Rangers player would be all over the press by now. Rangers goalie got pushed a few times, Wallace had a young lad take a swing at him and Kenny Miller got a handshake. 

Rangers players should have not have been touched full stop but this narrative that Rangers and their cronies in the Weegie media are running is an utter lie. 

23 minutes ago, ScotsRik said:

Aw....,,,,the big bear was just probably hungry and was just acting on instinct. He doesn't know it is wrong to eat a child.

I think it must be a Hun thing about slapping a kid. - In the late 60's , three of them got out of a car in Gorgie and my cousin called one  "a spam eater"  - he got slapped in the ear and i got kicked up the backside and we made our escape.  My cousin being a devious sod said ,  back to grannies and get a bag of sugar, we waited until about 3;30 and went back and poured the bag of sugar into the Hunmobile and for good measure pished in the tank as well, we waited down the road and to our amazement the bloody car started and they drove off.   But what joy as we headed back upto Saughton and there in stenhouse road was the Hunmobile with the bonnet up.

I feel it is safe to mention this now without fear of retribution :D   

15 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Care to elaborate?  

Sure. The vast majority of Rangers fans I've seen or heard comment since Saturday think their fans did nothing wrong and see no problem with the clubs statement. In fact, I could count those speaking out against the club statement on the one hand.

You're welcome.

Edited by Auld_Reekie

The Rangers PR seem to think it's worthy of commendation most of their fans didn't jump out of their seats and start fighting.  Give them a medal.  How low an opinion of your own fans must you have to think acting like a normal human being deserves such praise?  I'd be insulted if I was a Rangers man.

Wee team gets one over them.  Regrettable minority of Hibees give their fans grief.  Just walk away.  The fighting only happened due to thug Rangers fans wanting a fight.  Even the worst of what Hibs' fans did is not provocation.  It's only provocation if you're a neanderthal who can't walk away.  

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Sure. The vast majority of Rangers fans I've seen or heard comment since Saturday think their fans did nothing wrong and see no problem with the clubs statement. In fact, I could count those speaking out against the club statement on the one hand.

You're welcome.

Come off Follow Follow then and take a look around.  I have found the exact opposite to you.  Vast majority acting on it my arse.  Just when you thought you had seen the worst comments possible from Saturday, you step up to the plate.  

7 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

You're welcome.

Total mince.

The vast majority of Rangers fans did nothing wrong. They sat in the stands or left.  A small minority ran on to the pitch to fight and they should be banned for life. They are neanderthal scum.

However all we are getting is the good old Hibees just wanted a party. A majority of their fans ran onto the pitch. Now a minority of those then assaulted Rangers staff and were looking for a fight  with the Rangers fans. Why else run to the opposite end and gesticulate as they did?

To try and turn this entire thing round to be Rangers fault is laughable. 

The problems were instigated by the minority of scum in the Hibs support. If they had stayed in the stands nothing else would have happened. 

I'm not excusing the thugs in the Rangers support but to try and say it's all their fault is pathetic.

Bored to tears fo this already.

Hibs fans who ran on to the pitch to celebrate - silly

Hibs fans who ran up the pitch to goad the bluenoses - halfwits

Rangers fans who ran onto the pitch to fight the goading Hibs fans - ####wits, theyll be arrested and dealt with soon enough.

Hibs fans who assaulted any players / backroom staff (im talking proper assault here, not wee shoves or name calling ffs) - ####wits, arrested and charged soon i hope.

Do we need an investigation? not really.

First Minister? - Rangers statement is a total embarrassment, cringeworthy. As was the decision of the players not to accept the medals from the Stand. 

Edited by neilly71

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Come off Follow Follow then and take a look around.  I have found the exact opposite to you.  Vast majority acting on it my arse.  Just when you thought you had seen the worst comments possible from Saturday, you step up to the plate.  

Follow follow?!

:lol:

You think I'd ever sign onto that hate fest?! ffs

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Total mince.

The vast majority of Rangers fans did nothing wrong. They sat in the stands or left.  A small minority ran on to the pitch to fight and they should be banned for life. They are neanderthal scum.

However all we are getting is the good old Hibees just wanted a party. A majority of their fans ran onto the pitch. Now a minority of those then assaulted Rangers staff and were looking for a fight  with the Rangers fans. Why else run to the opposite end and gesticulate as they did?

To try and turn this entire thing round to be Rangers fault is laughable. 

The problems were instigated by the minority of scum in the Hibs support. If they had stayed in the stands nothing else would have happened. 

I'm not excusing the thugs in the Rangers support but to try and say it's all their fault is pathetic.

I think you've misunderstood my point entirely. Im not commenting on the post-match ruck at all but rather the prevalent attitudes of Rangers officials and Rangers fans over the last couple of years and specifically since Saturday. The siege mentality and We Arra People stuff is turning the club and it's fans into an absolute monster - and that's from a pretty appalling starting point. The club statement and number of people I've seen defending it is my case in point. Absolute mental stuff. Scottish football is going to get very, very nasty if people aren't careful and it won't be because of the Hibs idiots from Saturday.

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The Rangers PR seem to think it's worthy of commendation most of their fans didn't jump out of their seats and start fighting.  Give them a medal.  How low an opinion of your own fans must you have to think acting like a normal human being deserves such praise?  I'd be insulted if I was a Rangers man.

Wee team gets one over them.  Regrettable minority of Hibees give their fans grief.  Just walk away.  The fighting only happened due to thug Rangers fans wanting a fight.  Even the worst of what Hibs' fans did is not provocation.  It's only provocation if you're a neanderthal who can't walk away.  

Utter pish. 

1 hour ago, neilly71 said:

Bored to tears fo this already.

Hibs fans who ran on to the pitch to celebrate - silly

Hibs fans who ran up the pitch to goad the bluenoses - halfwits

Rangers fans who ran onto the pitch to fight the goading Hibs fans - ####wits, theyll be arrested and dealt with soon enough.

Hibs fans who assaulted any players / backroom staff (im talking proper assault here, not wee shoves or name calling ffs) - ####wits, arrested and charged soon i hope.

Do we need an investigation? not really.

First Minister? - Rangers statement is a total embarrassment, cringeworthy. As was the decision of the players not to accept the medals from the Stand. 

The players were advised not to go out by the Police as has been mentioned numerous time.

After Lennon was attacked at Tynecastle, Salmond came out and made a statement at the time.  

2 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

There are at least six on this thread alone.

How many fingers do you have?

31 minutes ago, the lunger said:

Pretty reasonable.

Well apart from the part that suggests that when the commentator notices Rangers fans on the pitch is the first time they enter.

I have no doubt that some did jump on when they saw Wallace and whoever else getting hit in some sort of "he's one of ours" defence but the rest? Nah they just wanted a fight.