Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

I think you've misunderstood my point entirely. Im not commenting on the post-match ruck at all but rather the prevalent attitudes of Rangers officials and Rangers fans over the last couple of years and specifically since Saturday. The siege mentality and We Arra People stuff is turning the club and it's fans into an absolute monster - and that's from a pretty appalling starting point. The club statement and number of people I've seen defending it is my case in point. Absolute mental stuff. Scottish football is going to get very, very nasty if people aren't careful and it won't be because of the Hibs idiots from Saturday.

Interesting because I've not heard anyone with a good word to say about the latest statement other than Eddard, I think. 

The first statement was a bit knee jerk but not actually too bad. Just too soon. The second one was a fecking embarrassment and may actually have been written in crayons for the actual intelligence it contained. 

Not one Rangers fan I know thinks it was a good idea to release that second statement. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not one Rangers fan I know thinks it was a good idea to release that second statement. 

Sadly I've got three or four on a group chat who thought it was bang on and addressed all that needed to be said..

Oh and that Stan Collymore was (insert several expletives) for saying on twitter that it was written by an 8 year old..

Saying that I got it in the neck on Saturday night for suggesting Rangers fans would be getting arrested as well.

Good guys as well...just lose the head when it comes to Rangers :mellow:

Statement from HIbs

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6529

A Police-led criminal inquiry is underway into events at Hibernian’s historic Scottish Cup win over Rangers at the weekend.   The Scottish FA has also launched its own Independent Commission.   The Club welcomes the  announcement of the Commission which should have the widest ranging terms of reference.

The Independent Commission is to look into all aspects of the staging and management of the Final.  That is right and proper.  Everyone involved will want to know what lessons can be learned.

Hibernian FC will co-operate fully with the Independent Commission in every way it can and the Commission must be allowed to run its course and reach its own conclusions without fear or favour.

Hibernian FC today reiterated:

-That the Club is sorry that a number of Hibernian supporters invaded the pitch.   Whilst emotions were running high, the Club cannot condone supporters coming onto the field of play.

-That the Club will co-operate fully with all of the relevant authorities to identify supporters involved in behaviour which tarnishes the good name of Hibernian FC.

-In particular, the Club will do everything in its power to bring to book any Hibernian supporters found to have been involved in the most serious allegations of assault – including assaults on the staff or players of Rangers FC

-The Club will take the strongest possible sanctions against any supporters involved in criminal activity or unacceptable behaviour

Chairman Rod Petrie said: “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder.  

I condemn and the Club condemns all of the violence and unacceptable conduct perpetrated on the pitch and elsewhere and in the margins of the match at Hampden.   There is absolutely no place for it in the game of football.

"Hibernian will do all that it can to support the criminal investigations to ensure that those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions.”

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

There are at least six on this thread alone.

How many fingers do you have?

Good point. Now I understand why the stupid comments were made. 

Fair statement from Hibs, unfortunately Rangers have decided what the narrative of the story is and if the independent commission doesn't tie in with that then I guess we'll see more bat shit bonkers press releases from Fat Boy Traynor. 

Independent commission from the SFA involving Rangers.................hmm good luck with that one. 

On 5/22/2016 at 8:06 PM, brant grebner said:

http://archive.is/WLnlg

fantastic.

love the line that makes a pitch invasion sound like the Somme, the "boys will be boys", "we were protecting oor ain" and "it wisnae that many of us that attacked them" defence and the hysterical Mrs Lovejoy conclusion.

It is worth re-reading that statement. 

It really does read like someone who fears they are about to get heavily criticized going massive on a strategy of 'attack is the best form of defense'.

It is really wild. All the crazy things they are pulling in makes it all sound guilty man desperate. Again I think folk should wait for some solid evidence of assaults on players because whoever wrote that does not come across as honest at all. 

If any Tamber had posted that as just a post on here they would have had the utter pish ripped out of them. So how did it make it out as a club statement. Someone needs fired big time. 

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is worth re-reading that statement. 

It really does read like someone who fears they are about to get heavily criticized going massive on a strategy of 'attack is the best form of defense'.

It is really wild. All the crazy things they are pulling in makes it all sound guilty man desperate. Again I think folk should wait for some solid evidence of assaults on players because whoever wrote that does not come across as honest at all. 

If any Tamber had posted that as just a post on here they would have had the utter pish ripped out of them. So how did it make it out as a club statement. Someone needs fired big time. 

I genuinely can't believe that a professional organisation would come out swinging rather than use diplomatic language....."pending independent investigation, Rangers Football Club deplores all acts of violence, prepared to co-operate and engage with investigation etc....." Surely ?

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

I see the SFA intern Greg Binnie who was interviewed insisting he didn't attack Fotheringham, has been caught on camera attacking Dean Shiels.

Any links/videos/non-grainy photos from row ZZZ?

I also don't find it believable that STV or whoever would not have made the absolute most out of the sensational high definition multi camera footage of all the Rangers players getting viciously assaulted on the pitch. This idea they would have volunteered it all to the cops without making massive headline news out of the footage first seems not right and another weird thing about this. They would have been making a massive news item out it. They could have pixellated faces if they were worries about anything... It is starting to not add up. Need clear evidence to come out.

Edited by thplinth

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I'm assuming all the footage from the numerous bbc/sky hd cameras has been given to the Police and is not being shared publicly at this time?

Seemingly requested this morning. I note a few things have been taken down since then from the news sites.

8 minutes ago, Debian said:

Ah so it must meet all the criteria?

Just interested in seeing something to disprove what the ginger boy has been vehemently denying. 

12 minutes ago, Only One Stop said:

Fair statement from Hibs, unfortunately Rangers have decided what the narrative of the story is and if the independent commission doesn't tie in with that then I guess we'll see more bat shit bonkers press releases from Fat Boy Traynor. 

Independent commission from the SFA involving Rangers.................hmm good luck with that one. 

Rangers are perhaps not as daft as they look.

They've already made it difficult for the SFA to be even handed in any punishment.

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

But the pretend Stranraer fan isn't accusing him of doing something he has denied...

Hey, I am not a pretend Stranraer fan ... I was at the semi against Livi at Almondvale

13 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I'm assuming all the footage from the numerous bbc/sky hd cameras has been given to the Police and is not being shared publicly at this time?

Why not? The papers are publishing grainy pictures of people why are the TV companies denied to show unequivoval footage? There have been many examples of public disorder and nasty assaults shown on TV news before the perpetrators have been identified. In fact showing it on TV usually is what leads to them being identified. It is odd we have this chorus yet not a single clear example of what is claimed.