Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Shiels said a fan took a swing at son and missed. He also referred to at least one other player being hit. Appreciate some on here are desperate to push this as a non event but arrests will be made for assaults on players

so not the 11 then?  One is too many though and if anyone is guilty I want the book thrown at them.  

The narrative being played out though is absolute hyperbole.  Is it any wonder people are questioning the events.  I still cant believe there is no definitive footage available from tv.  Also, if you listen to Andy Walker during the pitch invasion, he states Rangers players being taunted, at no point does he state any have been physically attacked.

3 minutes ago, giblet said:

so not the 11 then?  One is too many though and if anyone is guilty I want the book thrown at them.  

The narrative being played out though is absolute hyperbole.  Is it any wonder people are questioning the events.  I still cant believe there is no definitive footage available from tv.  Also, if you listen to Andy Walker during the pitch invasion, he states Rangers players being taunted, at no point does he state any have been physically attacked.

Rangers have openly stated that several players and officials were assaulted. This is corroborated by a number of independent witnesses. Who those players are will eventually come out.

2 minutes ago, giblet said:

the 11 thing is just tabloid nonsense.

Seemingly there is pretty definitive footage about. If you look at Peter Smiths Twitter page he appears to have stills from it up. However as I said above, its probably time to let the police and the PF's do their jobs now.

To be fair, i'm convinced one player got hit at least with the existing evidence. Whatever number that ends up being is sort of irrelevant, can't have folk running on and hitting players. It has to be stamped out ASAP.

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

maybe Jackson meant to say 11 players out of both teams.  Henderson being assaulted in the official area.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/734072182700118016/pu/vid/1280x720/zOpOEUbElcZVbuXM.mp4

Looks like he is wearing a suit and seems to be some sort of 'official' ? 

25 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Would help if pet Rangers journalists like Keith Jackson didn't run with pish about EVERY Rangers player being assaulted. 

AFTER Kenny Miller's wife had stated Kenny wasn't assaulted and asked folk to stop spreading lies.

I've seen this posted several times about Jackson now.  It was Gary Ralston who ran the story about the 11 players.

1 minute ago, jock strap said:

Looks like he is wearing a suit and seems to be some sort of 'official' ? 

indeed, however its not a Hibs player but what looks to be a FKW!  Grainy pictures tell different stories to all.

15 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Rangers have openly stated that several players and officials were assaulted.

From what I heard on Sportsound there was a combination of physical and verbal assaults on players. Presumably there was more verbal stuff than physical violence....

57 minutes ago, giblet said:

maybe Jackson meant to say 11 players out of both teams.  Henderson being assaulted in the official area.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/734072182700118016/pu/vid/1280x720/zOpOEUbElcZVbuXM.mp4

So that's assault is it? Swinging and missing? 

However Shiels wasn't assaulted when someone swung and missed him?

The utter hypocrisy on here is hilarious. It's so blatant it's funny now.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

That isn't Henderson, it's a hibs fan in full kit style. No number on back of the top. 

Rangers supporter claiming hypocrisy on this has got to be the very definition of irony. 

rangers players broke the golden rule as the losing team with a pitch invasion - get the fk out of dodge at full speed - dawdling about on a pitch with that in full swing was naive - however aas I have mentioned before the players should not have been assaulted