Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 50 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a sad bitter old man Alex MacDonald is.

Calling for Hibs to be banned from Europe next season.

Sad bitter man.  This years Sir Albert of Kidd anniversary must have put additional stress on him.

1 minute ago, giblet said:

Sad bitter man.  This years Sir Albert of Kidd anniversary must have put additional stress on him.

MacDonald does have the look of a sad old loyalist who decorates his house with pictures of Mrs Windsor and Billy Orange.

4 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I think there'll be more chance of trouble if Rangers win, after all over exuberant celebrating & pitch invasions are all OK - even if it includes running to the other end & goading the opposition fans :ok:

Rangers fans have been goading other fans for years. It's what they've always done. Why would anyone want to invade the pitch for a run of the mill league match?

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a sad bitter old man Alex MacDonald is.

Calling for Hibs to be banned from Europe next season.

Frankly, given that the next European 'adventure' begins in about 3 days, Hibs would be better off just keeping the Scottish cup and not bothering with Europe. 

With all respect, they're highly unlikely to get past more than one round and in all honesty, it just buggers up your whole pre-season.

Edited by Rossy

Must be a funny experience going to a cup final with your mates having a laugh and then wake up the next morning to find your face plastered all over the papers showing you kicking a young lad in the head (or try to) and immediately knowing that your whole like is now turned on its head, that you face the sack, jail, your family your friends... and how much planning went into this big change, did you have any inkling what was about to happen to you when you stepped out the door that day? It is madness. The camera are now everywhere, what were they thinking or feeling to lose it so badly. I would not go to a game if I thought I could be provoked like that, as just a matter of time until I'd get the jail.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Must be a funny experience going to a cup final with your mates having a laugh and then wake up the next morning to find your face plastered all over the papers showing you kicking a young lad in the head (or try to) and immediately knowing that your whole like is now turned on its head, that you face the sack, jail, your family your friends... and how much planning went into this big change, did you have any inkling what was about to happen to you when you stepped out the door that day? It is madness. The camera are now everywhere, what were they thinking or feeling to lose it so badly. I would not go to a game if I thought I could be provoked like that, as just a matter of time until I'd get the jail.

Personally, no matter how delighted I was that my team had won a trophy, there's almost nothing in God's earth that would make me run down to the bottom of the stand, leap over a barricade and run onto the pitch........never mind break a crossbar, taunt opposition fans or assault a player. 

Exuberance in no way excuses criminal damage or assault. People who chose to do that should be held accountable.

Unfortunately for quite a few in both sets of fans, a price will have to be paid and an example will have to be made...

'pour decourager les autres'

Otherwise every single dickhead that supports a Scottish team will look upon it as open season to run on the field every rime their team does something right.

There are plenty who will be sitting in their living rooms just now sweating on a knock on the door.

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I just hope that if its not Hibs that win it next year then a team who's never won it or not won for decades does. Every football fan deserves a weekend like that. Absolutely amazing

He's talking about Aberdeen. 

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I just hope that if its not Hibs that win it next year then a team who's never won it or not won for decades does. Every football fan deserves a weekend like that. Absolutely amazing

I've been lucky enough to see my team win 5 Scottish cups. 

They were all great, but I'll give you, the first one was the best. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He's talking about Aberdeen. 

Just now, Rossy said:

I've been lucky enough to see my team win 5 Scottish cups. 

They were all great, but I'll give you, the first one was the best. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

"...not won it for decades..."

I didn't realise that the feeling of winning something changed over the years. 

Has the feeling of being relegated changed since the last time you went down ?

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

If it's any consolation to the guy, at least he knows that the club he supports has exonerated him of any blame and is of the view that in kicking the Hibs guy in the head he was protecting Rangers' 'players and officials who were being visibly attacked' and that 'Any club's supporters would have done the same'. Presumably there's no chance of him being banned from Ibrox - seems much more likely that he'll be welcomed onto the pitch as a guest of honour at a home game.

Edited by neilser

9 minutes ago, neilser said:

If it's any consolation to the guy, at least he knows that the club he supports has exonerated him of any blame and is of the view that in kicking the Hibs guy in the head he was protecting Rangers' 'players and officials who were being visibly attacked' and that 'Any club's supporters would have done the same'. Presumably there's no chance of him being banned from Ibrox - seems much more likely that he'll be welcomed onto the pitch as a guest of honour at a home game.

he'll be given a vanguard of honour by a flute band onto the park on services day

29 minutes ago, Bino's said:

he'll be given a vanguard of honour by a flute band onto the park on services day

Is that Armed Forces Day or Remembrance Day, I forget?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

27 minutes ago, Bino's said:

And there's another feckin thing , poxy loyalist orange twaaaats hanging on the coattails of Servicemen and women .  !!!