Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been on the pitch 3 times in my life. twice in promotion games for Killie and once in 2010 when we stayed up last day of the season (that one was pure relief).

In the two promotion games (Hamilton & Cowden) there were 100 away fans if you are lucky so no harm done. Falkirk one must have been hard for them to take but they never tried to get on the park to have a go. 

Hibs fans should have stayed in the stands on saturday but i can understand why they got carried away. Absolutely no excuse for assaulting players, vandalism though. Just in the same way there is no excsue for the 100s of Rangers fans who invaded the pitch solely to fight. All this p1sh about protecting their players is exactly that - pish. The Rangers fans were entering the field seconds after the first Hibs fans did. Let's face it, both teams have a large % of their support who would have been loving it. 

Sums it up 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

This is utter, utter bollocks.  I started leaving the minute Hibs scored their winner so was well outside when the police were making their way in.  In fact I didn't even see the Hibs fans enter the pitch so didn't really know what was happening at the time and was a bit startled to see about a dozen police horses making their way at pace down towards the stadium.  I remember wondering at the time what was going on and also questioning why the mounted police were so far away from the stadium at the final whistle.  There were some people giving them the odd bit of abuse but to say people were blocking the road, and using their kids to do so, is just a bare face lie.  I notice there is no mention of the van load of police who were delayed getting in to the stadium as they locked themselves in the van and had to get colleagues to come back and let them out.

Thankfully social media now calls into question official bodies view of events.  

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been on the pitch 3 times in my life. twice in promotion games for Killie and once in 2010 when we stayed up last day of the season (that one was pure relief).

In the two promotion games (Hamilton & Cowden) there were 100 away fans if you are lucky so no harm done. Falkirk one must have been hard for them to take but they never tried to get on the park to have a go. 

Hibs fans should have stayed in the stands on saturday but i can understand why they got carried away. Absolutely no excuse for assaulting players, vandalism though. Just in the same way there is no excsue for the 100s of Rangers fans who invaded the pitch solely to fight. All this p1sh about protecting their players is exactly that - pish. The Rangers fans were entering the field seconds after the first Hibs fans did. Let's face it, both teams have a large % of their support who would have been loving it. 

Rangers fans were not on the field within seconds of the first hibs fans:

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Soldado16/media/image_11.jpeg.html

This video and picture show hundreds of hibs fans on the pitch and not one Rangers fan.

12 hours ago, andymac said:

Where did he find a chair? :blink:

Need to lie down, I agree with Rossy. :wacko:

The chairs that I saw getting flung about were the stools the photographers/ball boys sit on at the edge of the pitch

Edited by theweestevie
Spelling

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

This video and picture show hundreds of hibs fans on the pitch and not one Rangers fan.

If that's the one I've seen it starts with the Hibs fans on the pitch and then towards the end they have encroached on to the running track and start approaching the fans in the stands,  Certainly looked like they were there to do a bit more than celebrate.

Also looks like it may be the one where the lovely chap makes the kid with him bless himself in front of the Rangers fans while it looks like the poor wean is trying to drag his dad (presumably) away.  You stay classy Hibs! 

Edited by Fairbairn

4 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

That is some top level "goading and provocation"

A few of the ones on the track got exactly the reaction they were looking for, although I reckon some will have absolutely shat it when the Rangers fans took them up on their offer of a square go.

:lol:

One of the few videos I've seen that looks particularly bad for the hibs fans and good for Rangers fans (if you ignore the song).

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

A few of the ones on the track got exactly the reaction they were looking for, although I reckon some will have absolutely shat it when the Rangers fans took them up on their offer of a square go.

:lol:

One of the few videos I've seen that looks particularly bad for the hibs fans and good for Rangers fans (if you ignore the song).

There are other videos but they have been passed onto Rangers/Police rather than being made public just now. I would expect they will surface sooner or later.

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

There are other videos but they have been passed onto Rangers/Police rather than being made public just now. I would expect they will surface sooner or later.

I see Rangers media has advised its forum members to start deleting videos showing the Rangers fans battling.  

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

I see Rangers media has advised its forum members to start deleting videos showing the Rangers fans battling.  

No idea, a forum I have been on once to try and get tickets for an away game but never went back to.

Hopefully the cctv/police/tv footage were able to capture everything so they wouldn't have to rely on footage from fans for exactly this reason.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Having just seen the outcome of the Hillsborough Inquiry I would think long and hard about accepting this account as "accurate"

Here here sir cops trying to justify themselves has they always in the right 

59 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

52 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

All that's missing is the David Attenborough narration...

4 hours ago, theweestevie said:

This is utter nonsense.

As I was leaving the stadium the cops were stuck in a line of traffic without their sirens or lights on. Fans were walking past given them abuse but were not blocking them.

I saw one fan come with sirens on and it went down the wrong side of the road past all of the other vans. There was nothing stopping the other vans doing the same. They were in no hurry to get there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lindz810/status/735720471040163841

Also I thought the police had order restored in 5 mintues? Now they didn't because Rangers fans were blocking them for 10-20 minutes?

It's more believable than half the sh1te Rangers have come out with since.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Horrendous. Another Hibs fan with his burd's undies on.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Does anybody believe the story from the police?

:lol:tumblr_n9fzvvN1fQ1s3n1pbo1_500.jpg

Thing I cant understand is that after we scored our other two goals, we got a whole line of police standing in front of us for 5 minutes or so afterwards, when we scored the third, no police came out?

5 minutes ago, giblet said:

Thing I cant understand is that after we scored our other two goals, we got a whole line of police standing in front of us for 5 minutes or so afterwards, when we scored the third, no police came out?

I have heard that the police were in the briefing rooms getting briefed about the procedures for extra time as they weren't expecting someone to score a winner (which they could have done in extra time). I think this is why they have changed their story so much.

First it was everything was sorted in under 5 minutes.

Then it was the police were deployed outside as that is where they thought the trouble would be (at the point this would have happened it was 2-2 going to extra time, who was going to be outside?)

Now we have Rangers fans were using kids as roadblocks as we tried to tip thier vans over which is what caused the delay.

That sounds more feasible wee Stevie.

It was heading to extra-time, and like a few hibs fans, the police got caught with their pants down when hibs scored in injury time.

Normally at the final whistle there would have been a heavier police/security presence on the track, but they weren't prepared for a last minute goal.

So the police have started a conspiracy to use propaganda against Rangers fans. Evidence wise we have multiple officers giving eye witness testimony versus what?

What evidence do we have of a conspiracy to propagandize against Rangers fans?

31 minutes ago, phart said:

So the police have started a conspiracy to use propaganda against Rangers fans. Evidence wise we have multiple officers giving eye witness testimony versus what?

What evidence do we have of a conspiracy to propagandize against Rangers fans?

Do we have multiple officers or is it one unnamed source in the Daily Record?