Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

3 minutes ago, Graham of Montrose said:

In this case, none. Let plod find the perpetrators, get them in the courts, throw the book at them and move on.

However, if it had been the other way around, I think there would have been an outcry. Peoples feelings against Rangers are obvious, especially in the last four years and if Rangers fans had been the thugs that  started those scenes it would have been another excuse to put the boot in if you pardon the pun.

I see Rangers have somewhat belatedly said that their "fans" who entered the field will be dealt with. 

Also saying they hope there will be no "no bad blood" next season. To me much if that is up to them to adopt a far more conciliatory tone and to say they genuinely want to work with other clubs and authorities for the good of the game.

Fans in particular if other clubs are already fed up of the posturing and finger pointing.

Maybe time to take a leaf out of Liverpool and Manchester Utd books and be pro active in saying the club will not tolerate illicit chanting or behaviour that reflects poorly on the club.  

I know that at every home game at Pittodrie we are reminded of our responsilities as fans and the potential sanctions for both individuals and the club for crossing the line to coin a phrase.

Edited by AberdeenAngus
Spelling

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, phart said:

Saying haha you lost and i won isn't looking for a fight.

Silly comment when the footage is only a few posts above yours.

Guest BlueGaz
43 minutes ago, phart said:

Did you not read the story? Someone stole the bus and was driving it around Norton House Hotel.

Yes, was an attempt at humour.  I apologise, will leave you to carry on Sir!!!

1 minute ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Also saying they hope there will be no "no bad blood" next season. 

I know that at every home game at Pittodrie we are reminded of our responsilities as fans and the potential sanctions for both individuals and the club for crossing the line to coin a phrase.

Let's see if you remember your responsibilities ( as a club ) when Rangers come a calling next season. it will be a powder keg occasion. Both sets of fans will be under scrutiny that day. I'd imagine all police leave will be cancelled that weekend. Ridiculous that it comes to this but, let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, Graham of Montrose said:

If they had celebrated on the terraces like this on Saturday then it could have been quite a spectacle for Scottish fitba. Even if they had stayed in their own half on the pitch it would have been acceptable.

However, too many went over the score and ruined what should have been the best day in your clubs history. 

It will still be the best day in the clubs history or at least for the last 114 years, the hibs fans although may feel disappointed at the actions of some of their fans but I'd be willing to bet it didn't ruin their day. 

15 minutes ago, Graham of Montrose said:

Let's see if you remember your responsibilities ( as a club ) when Rangers come a calling next season. it will be a powder keg occasion. Both sets of fans will be under scrutiny that day. I'd imagine all police leave will be cancelled that weekend. Ridiculous that it comes to this but, let's wait and see.

Why wouldn't he remember his responsibilities? are you suggesting he might be tempted to do something stupid? 

its interesting that these powder keg fixtures always involve one club isn't it?

Rangers issued a statement on Sunday night admitting a "tiny minority" of their fans had entered the playing surface but only to "protect our players and officials".

But the club's managing director, Stewart Robertson, said on Thursday morning that the club did not condone any fan that went onto the pitch.

'Provoked and goaded'

Speaking as he launched the Club 1872 supporters group, he added: "We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner.

"But we have to remember it was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs fans who ran over the halfway line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted.

"In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch. But I don't think we can get away from the fact that it was Hibs fans who came onto the park and provoked them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36390949

If Rangers was a person it's be stoked up to the eyeballs on Temazepam and wouldn't be allowed to use sharp implements. How can the guy start by saying they don't condone the actions of their fans at all and then effectively say 'Mind you, they were pure radged up by they khunts...'?

Edited by neilser
Spelling

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why wouldn't he remember his responsibilities? are you suggesting he might be tempted to do something stupid? 

its interesting that these powder keg fixtures always involve one club isn't it?

Naw.  Hearts v Celtic tae.  Anyway when did hibs get promoted?

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, neilser said:

If Rangers was a person it's be stoked up to the eyeballs on Temazepam and wouldn't be allowed to use sharp implements. How the can the guy start by saying they don't condone the actions of their fans at all and then effectively  say 'Mind you, they were pure radged up by they khunts...'. 

Perspective?

39 minutes ago, Graham of Montrose said:

What is that meant to mean? 

I have already said my club reminds its fans of the expected standards at every home game.  My club also has a history of issuing bans to those who fail to meet those standards. 

I imagine there will be plenty reminding your lot of the liquidation but beyond that I don't expect much. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the already reduced reduced allocation maybe reduced further if it is felt that fans cannot be trusted. 

You really do come over as like a Celtic fan from a good few back back convinced that everything and everyone is conspiring against your club when the reality is somewhat different.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It will still be the best day in the clubs history or at least for the last 114 years, the hibs fans although may feel disappointed at the actions of some of their fans but I'd be willing to bet it didn't ruin their day. 

I don't know a single Hibs fan who feels that their day was in any way diminished by the pitch invasion. Not one little bit. The media reaction has, if anything, re-enforced that view I suspect. 

Edited by Pool Q

23 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I don't know a single Hibs fan who feels that their day was in any way diminished by the pitch invasion. Not one little bit. The media reaction has, if anything, re-enforced that view I suspect. 

I'm still buzzing.

Was fairly down in the dumps after the playoff and the ending to the season.

Saturday has given me my mojo back, and will always be remembered as an historic day for us fans and the club.

Already looking forward to Europe and the fixtures coming out.

J

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't single him out. The ( as a club ) was the hint there.

29 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

What is that meant to mean? 

I have already said my club reminds its fans of the expected standards at every home game.  My club also has a history of issuing bans to those who fail to meet those standards. 

I imagine there will be plenty reminding your lot of the liquidation but beyond that I don't expect much. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the already reduced reduced allocation maybe reduced further if it is felt that fans cannot be trusted. 

You really do come over as like a Celtic fan from a good few back back convinced that everything and everyone is conspiring against your club when the reality is somewhat different.

It means that fans of both sides will have to have on their Sunday best. There is a horrible atmosphere when the two meet and both sets of fans are as bad as each other. The liquidation issue will add to what is already an unhealthy feeling towards each other. The two have never met since the liquidation but there was a hatred long before this. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, some of those hibs fans looked like they were offering a square go.

Fair to who? So if i were to offer a square go to you right now? What would your reaction be?

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye, because that's what they were doing the wee angels.

Well if they weren't going haha we won you lost. Then what were they doing, goading?So ignore it. Having to insert straw-men into the post like labelling them "wee angels" doesn't bode well for your argument. My point relies purely on reality.

5 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I'm still buzzing.

Was fairly down in the dumps after the playoff and the ending to the season.

Saturday has given me my mojo back, and will always be remembered as an historic day for us fans and the club.

Already looking forward to Europe and the fixtures coming out.

J

League cup draws is tomorrow night on BT.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Fair to who? So if i were to offer a square go to you right now? What would your reaction be?

Someone had said some of the hibs fans got the reaction they were looking for. I think that's what I meant by "to be fair".

Hiw big are you? Are you a good fighter?

:P

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Silly comment when the footage is only a few posts above yours.

I still don't see anything that would even remotely get me to attack someone.  Getting goaded into fighting happens to teenagers not grown men. I got suspended from school twice for hurting someone that goaded me but i was 14 and 15.

The fact that it's considered a serious excuse that someone was yards away shouting shit is somehow a get out of free jail card is ridiculous. It sounds ridiculous as well.

This isn't a comment about Hibs fans, there lack of mention doesn't indicate they are angels or anything. They're just irrelevant in this context.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Indeed, there is a common denominator here, I just can't put my finger on it.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

I still don't see anything that would even remotely get me to attack someone.  Getting goaded into fighting happens to teenagers not grown men. I got suspended from school twice for hurting someone that goaded me but i was 14 and 15.

The fact that it's considered a serious excuse that someone was yards away shouting shit is somehow a get out of free jail card is ridiculous. It sounds ridiculous as well.

This isn't a comment about Hibs fans, there lack of mention doesn't indicate they are angels or anything. They're just irrelevant in this context.

You are obviously old enough and sensible enough to rise above it. However, if you attend enough fitba matches, you will see that there are enough booze fuelled bampots who take things too far. The same thing happens on every High Street in the country every weekend. Some boozed up Bawbag shouts abuse at another boozed up Bawbag and a fight erupts. If you are man enough, you walk away. If you are sensible, you don't put yourself in the position in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

It really is as simple as that. No point in trying to complicate things.

There's a marked difference between 2 sets of fans singing songs at each other across a stadium than there is from one group of fans invading the pitch and a large proportion making their way straight to the away end and effectively offer them a square go, not to mention giving the odd player a slap on the way there. 

You know no matter how many times you say to the contrary. As someone else had pointed out, if the roles were reversed here and the Rangers fans had acted the way Hibs did this place would be in uproar.