Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

a "large proportion of Hibs fans" ran to the away end to offer square goes, while a "tiny minority" of Ranger's fans...  :D

I thought it had already been established that the Hibs fans were in the wrong the invading the pitch, to differing degrees. The ones running on and celebrating with players etc, it is wrong but can sort of be excused if it's a once every 144 year thing. The "Goaders" are wee fannies and as such should be ignored. The folk attacking players are criminals and should be in jail and not allowed to football games.

The excuse " well the Hibs fans set up square go stalls on the pitch, so what am i meant to do, i had to shop till i got dropped." is funny as feck and is rightly being mocked.

2 minutes ago, Graham of Montrose said:

It's bad enough when Rangers seem to be the ones being goaded. 

I really fail to see this as a specifically Hibs or Rangers issue.

A number of idiots/arseholes acted badly/criminally on Saturday and they as individuals must take responsibility for their actions. Some of course have already been huckled and are going through the courts process. 

Both clubs must make clear that they are totally against such behavior and that those individuals are not welcome back at their games.

It seems to me that some of the reaction is as much to the poor statements made by Rangers as much as anything else and most Rangers fans on here seem to accept that the statements were poor.

There will without doubt be times in the future season(s) when Rangers are the ones doing the goading -  does that mean opposition fans violent reactions to that goading is somewhat understandable and acceptable?  I've lost count of the times when I've been goaded as a support, in a smaller group and as an individual but I've never felt the need to react. 

What's wrong with fans just saying 'some of our lot were wrong too' without having to qualify it or justify it?

7 hours ago, giblet said:

I see Rangers media has advised its forum members to start deleting videos showing the Rangers fans battling.  

But it was just self defence, as per the official club statement so what's the problem?

9 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

A number of idiots/arseholes acted badly/criminally on Saturday and they as individuals must take responsibility for their actions. Some of course have already been huckled and are going through the courts process. 

Both clubs must make clear that they are totally against such behavior and that those individuals are not welcome back at their games.

It seems to me that some of the reaction is as much to the poor statements made by Rangers as much as anything else and most Rangers fans on here seem to accept that the statements were poor.

There will without doubt be times in the future season(s) when Rangers are the ones doing the goading -  does that mean opposition fans violent reactions to that goading is somewhat understandable and acceptable?  I've lost count of the times when I've been goaded as a support, in a smaller group and as an individual but I've never felt the need to react. 

What's wrong with fans just saying 'some of our lot were wrong too' without having to qualify it or justify it?

56 pages and we finally get a well balanced view. 

Yeah the ascribing of blame to hibs fans or rangers fans is ridiculous when you analyse it. Invariably it is just the actions of people. But it is a lot of fun.

rangers the club seem to be thinking they can position their fans as right and hibs fans as definitively wrong. This is a very immature and childish attitude. They seem to be actively culturing a siege mentality at every turn. i don't think it is an accident or just down to traynor being a nutter. I think it is their business plan!

I just can't be arsed going along with the need some have to polarise this, whereby 'they' must be in the wrong, whilst 'we' are in the right. I don't think Hibs fans should have gone onto the pitch, but nor do I believe for a moment that anything other than a small minority of those who did had any sort of malicious intent in doing so. If Rangers players and officials were attacked then those involved should be prosecuted, as should anyone who chose to go up to the Rangers fans and get involved in bother. Equally, it is clear that the vast majority of Rangers fans didn't react to whatever provocation occurred, didn't go onto the pitch, and didn't get involved in any violence. Those who did, a small minority, prosecute them. The pitch invasion is a bad precedent, I'm puzzled by those who feel it is understandable, but keep a sense of perspective, on the whole it was a lot of people doing something spontaneously to celebrate a victory. Shouldn't have happened, but not the end of the world and just part of what was a great weekend for Hibs fans. And this place really would have gone into meltdown if it was Rangers fans who had done it.

12 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I just can't be arsed going along with the need some have to polarise this, whereby 'they' must be in the wrong, whilst 'we' are in the right. I don't think Hibs fans should have gone onto the pitch, but nor do I believe for a moment that anything other than a small minority of those who did had any sort of malicious intent in doing so. If Rangers players and officials were attacked then those involved should be prosecuted, as should anyone who chose to go up to the Rangers fans and get involved in bother. Equally, it is clear that the vast majority of Rangers fans didn't react to whatever provocation occurred, didn't go onto the pitch, and didn't get involved in any violence. Those who did, a small minority, prosecute them. The pitch invasion is a bad precedent, I'm puzzled by those who feel it is understandable, but keep a sense of perspective, on the whole it was a lot of people doing something spontaneously to celebrate a victory. Shouldn't have happened, but not the end of the world and just part of what was a great weekend for Hibs fans. And this place really would have gone into meltdown if it was Rangers fans who had done it.

Post of the day.

4 hours ago, giblet said:

Outstanding scenes on Leith Walk during the parade. 

Absolutely amazing weekend. No matter what the punishment is that Hibs recieve they will never ever be able to take away that feeling we had

Everyone was Just happy. You can't buy that.

I've had flashbacks of doing the malonga conga outside Middy's on Saturday night

47 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Yeah the ascribing of blame to hibs fans or rangers fans is ridiculous when you analyse it. Invariably it is just the actions of people. But it is a lot of fun.

rangers the club seem to be thinking they can position their fans as right and hibs fans as definitively wrong. This is a very immature and childish attitude. They seem to be actively culturing a siege mentality at every turn. i don't think it is an accident or just down to traynor being a nutter. I think it is their business plan!

Are you goading all Rangers fans?

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

There's a marked difference between 2 sets of fans singing songs at each other across a stadium than there is from one group of fans invading the pitch and a large proportion making their way straight to the away end and effectively offer them a square go, not to mention giving the odd player a slap on the way there. 

You know no matter how many times you say to the contrary. As someone else had pointed out, if the roles were reversed here and the Rangers fans had acted the way Hibs did this place would be in uproar. 

that last paragraph is funny. You would have been better off writing WATP

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Graham of Montrose said:

56 pages and we finally get a well balanced view. 

What's been said in the post you replied to has already been said plenty since this match finished, even when the emotions were running high immediately after the game.

2 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

You're right and if you look back I've saying pretty much the same thing since the weekend. The only difference is I'm just a wee bit sick of the arguments that try and say the Hibs fans were just celebrating. Most were. Some were being fannies and giving their counterparts in the Rangers support exactly the excuse they wanted to get their anger out on someone. 

They're all scum, irrespective of team, and deserve jail time

There is a thread over on Hibs.net which is for users to put a wee message for all their Hibee Mums, Dads, friends etc who never got to see us win the Scottish Cup.  Yes, its self indulgent,, but for any Hibee reading it, I defy you not to develop a wee tear or two.  Below is the grave stone of a Hibee who died a couple of years ago, shows the guy had a wee bit of a sense of humour.

2efpcfr.jpg 

On Sunday, his family visited the grave and updated it.

2d1qr7o.jpg

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That would actually be no bad if the cup had more detail. The first goal was after 4 minutes though wasn't it?

Aye, and it didn't actually say "Hibernians". So, all things considered, the shan detail, the time of the first goal and the name of the winners completely wrong, aye, it's no bad ?

Edited by McTeeko

46 minutes ago, giblet said:

There is a thread over on Hibs.net which is for users to put a wee message for all their Hibee Mums, Dads, friends etc who never got to see us win the Scottish Cup.  Yes, its self indulgent,, but for any Hibee reading it, I defy you not to develop a wee tear or two.  Below is the grave stone of a Hibee who died a couple of years ago, shows the guy had a wee bit of a sense of humour.

2efpcfr.jpg 

2d1qr7o.jpg

People who say "it's just a game" should really give that thread a read

47 minutes ago, giblet said:

2efpcfr.jpg 

2d1qr7o.jpg

:ok:Brilliant!!

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, and it didn't actually say "Hibernians". So, all things considered, the Shan detail, the time of the first goal and the name of the winners completely wrong, aye, it's no bad ?

Ok, apart from a few minor blips it's no bad