Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

I see Jane Hamilton of the Daily Record who's story that Gers fans were attacking Police vans, stopping movement etc has been debunked by Police Scotland who confirmed no such events took place or reports were made.

Probably doesn't help when there are videos of the Police sitting in zero traffic while Gers fans wave at them...

I don't condone personal Social Media attacks, but, she gets all she deserves for deliberately spreading lies and creating a story when there is none.  Stupid bint.

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

I see Jane Hamilton of the Daily Record who's story that Gers fans were attacking Police vans, stopping movement etc has been debunked by Police Scotland who confirmed no such events took place or reports were made.

Probably doesn't help when there are videos of the Police sitting in zero traffic while Gers fans wave at them...

I don't condone personal Social Media attacks, but, she gets all she deserves for deliberately spreading lies and creating a story when there is none.  Stupid bint.

Was she the one that said all Rangers players were attacked?

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

Lol, the fact that your pals found a tweet from 2010 calling you Huns and that she was PR to Frank Mcavvenie in her past didnt really fan the flames eh?

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Why would you goad and provoke someone if not to get a reaction.  Those Hibs fans that were right over at the Rangers end, as shown in the video above got exactly what they wanted.

To be fair in the video the Hibs fans look like they're only just the other side of the dividing line in the North stand. A bit daft, but not exactly Adebayor v Arsenal.

In fact most of them don't seem bothered with Rangers at all til the chorus of Hello Hello starts up...

8 hours ago, Graham of Montrose said:

Just had a read at the YouTube comments under that vid. Not much sympathy with the OP!

7 hours ago, Debian said:

Going by your logic I assume you agree that Rangers FC deserve all the criticism they get for coming out with lies to?

7 hours ago, giblet said:

Lol, the fact that your pals found a tweet from 2010 calling you Huns and that she was PR to Frank Mcavvenie in her past didnt really fan the flames eh?

Just assisted in proving she has a personal vendetta ?

Hopefully the rumours are true and she has been sacked. 

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Old firm fans love getting folk sacked.

:lol:

You couldn't make this shit up. 

Again by this logic Keith Jackson should be sacked too 

Edited by vanderark14

22 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Quite right, sounds ridiculous.

It was probably stolen Hibs kids they were using as road-blockers.

???

21 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Rangers fans were not on the field within seconds of the first hibs fans:

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Soldado16/media/image_11.jpeg.html

This video and picture show hundreds of hibs fans on the pitch and not one Rangers fan.

That video also shows a tiny portion of the pitch, or were all the rangers fans just in that wee section?

16 hours ago, giblet said:

Pish.

This video shows the d1ckless arsehole of a boy going for Wallace, note the rest of the Rangers players in view walking to tunnel.

So one rangers player had a punch swung at him and the keeper maybe got what would amount to a hug in most cases, where are the test of these horror attacks?

10 hours ago, giblet said:

There is a thread over on Hibs.net which is for users to put a wee message for all their Hibee Mums, Dads, friends etc who never got to see us win the Scottish Cup.  Yes, its self indulgent,, but for any Hibee reading it, I defy you not to develop a wee tear or two.  Below is the grave stone of a Hibee who died a couple of years ago, shows the guy had a wee bit of a sense of humour.

2efpcfr.jpg 

On Sunday, his family visited the grave and updated it.

2d1qr7o.jpg

Brilliant :)

9 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Also brilliant. And i forgot my eye drops so the wee tear helpe haha

Guest BlueGaz
14 hours ago, phart said:

The excuse " well the Hibs fans set up square go stalls on the pitch, so what am i meant to do, i had to shop till i got dropped." is funny as feck and is rightly being mocked.

Your post sums up the day almost perfectly, however, you have not taking into account the mentality of those that goaded/vandalised and those that reacted to it.  If you do, it's then easier to understand.

Also, why do we need an expensive inquiry?  Those that can be proved to have done anything wrong from the Hibs support, sort them out.  Those that can be proved to have anything wrong from the Rangers support, sort them out.  Fine both clubs for whatever you can according to the rules, and hopefully it won't happen again.

I think the late goal took the security by surprise, and they were expecting a break and extra time.  That said, how can you secure thousands jumping out the stand.  

Edited by BlueGaz

49 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Your post sums up the day almost perfectly, however, you have not taking into account the mentality of those that goaded/vandalised and those that reacted to it.  If you do, it's then easier to understand.

Also, why do we need an expensive inquiry?  Those that can be proved to have done anything wrong from the Hibs support, sort them out.  Those that can be proved to have anything wrong from the Rangers support, sort them out.  Fine both clubs for whatever you can according to the rules, and hopefully it won't happen again.

I think the late goal took the security by surprise, and they were expecting a break and extra time.  That said, how can you secure thousands jumping out the stand.  

There was still 5 minutes between Gray's goal and full time.

15 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I really fail to see this as a specifically Hibs or Rangers issue.

A number of idiots/arseholes acted badly/criminally on Saturday and they as individuals must take responsibility for their actions. Some of course have already been huckled and are going through the courts process. 

Both clubs must make clear that they are totally against such behavior and that those individuals are not welcome back at their games.

It seems to me that some of the reaction is as much to the poor statements made by Rangers as much as anything else and most Rangers fans on here seem to accept that the statements were poor.

There will without doubt be times in the future season(s) when Rangers are the ones doing the goading -  does that mean opposition fans violent reactions to that goading is somewhat understandable and acceptable?  I've lost count of the times when I've been goaded as a support, in a smaller group and as an individual but I've never felt the need to react. 

What's wrong with fans just saying 'some of our lot were wrong too' without having to qualify it or justify it?

14 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I just can't be arsed going along with the need some have to polarise this, whereby 'they' must be in the wrong, whilst 'we' are in the right. I don't think Hibs fans should have gone onto the pitch, but nor do I believe for a moment that anything other than a small minority of those who did had any sort of malicious intent in doing so. If Rangers players and officials were attacked then those involved should be prosecuted, as should anyone who chose to go up to the Rangers fans and get involved in bother. Equally, it is clear that the vast majority of Rangers fans didn't react to whatever provocation occurred, didn't go onto the pitch, and didn't get involved in any violence. Those who did, a small minority, prosecute them. The pitch invasion is a bad precedent, I'm puzzled by those who feel it is understandable, but keep a sense of perspective, on the whole it was a lot of people doing something spontaneously to celebrate a victory. Shouldn't have happened, but not the end of the world and just part of what was a great weekend for Hibs fans. And this place really would have gone into meltdown if it was Rangers fans who had done it.

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What's been said in the post you replied to has already been said plenty since this match finished, even when the emotions were running high immediately after the game.

Agree with the three of you, very well said. 

As I said pages ago, I dont really understand why anyone is arguing when it's clear that the majority of sane people agree on this. 

Over to plod to do their jobs now. 

Billy Boys’ better than pitch invasion - Rangers chief

RANGERS managing director Stewart Robertson has claimed that Rangers fans singing the ‘Billy Boys’ was preferable to Hibs fans invading the Hampden pitch.

While condeming the Rangers fans who sang the banned tune, Robertson said: “If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch.

“We don’t condone that kind of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I could choose. That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context.” (The Scotsman

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-rangers-chief-defends-billy-boys-song-benteke-won-t-join-celtic-rotherham-want-stubbs-1-4139379#ixzz49qaMzIQx

At first I thought I was reading something out of the Mash but it seems to be real.

Just like getting kicked in the head once is preferable to getting kicked in the head twice. Or snatching a kid on the pitch at Hampden is preferable to snatching two kids on the pitch at Hampden. You have to put it into context.  

When you're in a hole, stop digging...

1 minute ago, neilser said:

At first I thought I was reading something out of the Mash but it seems to be real.

Just like getting kicked in the head once is preferable to getting kicked in the head twice. Or snatching a kid on the pitch at Hampden is preferable to snatching two kids on the pitch at Hampden. You have to put it into context.  

When you're in a hole, stop digging...

exactly and they want this boy on the spfl board? jesus wept. the club is riddled with sectarian idiots and the claim is that rangers fans are targeted unfairly? FFS. theres no chance of change until the club is being run by sensible people.

10 hours ago, Debian said:

So, eh, you do condone it then.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

totally, an enquiry would be an expensive waste of time, calling for it was embarrassing. If someone broke the law and were identified let the polis deal with them accordingly.

Guest BlueGaz
57 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Cheers for that, very glad I came to see your response

Sorry mate, hit the wrong quote button and it all went a bit tits up for a while, only way I could sort it was to actually hit submit reply.

11 hours ago, giblet said:

Seems to have been a lot more than that, considering some of the tweets that were flying about last night with 8/9 different emails- although to be honest I wasn't really paying much attention (rather than killing time over a delayed flight)

Anyway why any journalist covering Scottish football would use sectarian language is beyond me (notwithstanding that the police have now confirmed the story was fake).....Its like putting a paedophile in charge of the education section - you know how its going to look when things go wrong.