Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

It is funny but it is not funny. Rangers have on some level gone mad. It is actually becoming a little disturbing. On some level some of these fans seem to think they can shape reality by the sheer power of their will. The statements released basically defining the scope of any investigation and who we must blame whilst demanding one as if they are some billy big shot. It is extraordinary. Even on here the bleating and intermittent attempts to make Hun into a sectarian term. As someone said it only happened recently and it is absurd. How many times do we need to refute it on here to shut up these whining two faced kunts. Invariably those who complain about it the most are the worst of the rangers support. I think we can all see the way this heading and I think we should be ready to meet it head on. The are cry bullies of the worst kind and ignoring it is not going to work. 

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is funny but it is not funny. Rangers have on some level gone mad. It is actually becoming a little disturbing. On some level some of these fans seem to think they can shape reality by the sheer power of their will. The statements released basically defining the scope of any investigation and who we must blame whilst demanding one as if they are some billy big shot. It is extraordinary. Even on here the bleating and intermittent attempts to make Hun into a sectarian term. As someone said it only happened recently and it is absurd. How many times do we need to refute it on here to shut up these whining two faced kunts. Invariably those who complain about it the most are the worst of the rangers support. I think we can all see the way this heading and I think we should be ready to meet it head on. The are cry bullies of the worst kind and ignoring it is not going to work. 

One thing to remember, it's the Nil by Mouth crowd that are touting Hun as sectarian. I know a lot of Rangers fans do and others don't think it is, but the supposed moral arbiter doesn't agree with you.

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

One thing to remember, it's the Nil by Mouth crowd that are touting Hun as sectarian. I know a lot of Rangers fans do and others don't think it is, but the supposed moral arbiter doesn't agree with you.

Ok so if it's sectarian - how? What is its sectarian meaning? 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry what? Thanks but I'll be my own 'moral arbiter' and I suggest everyone else do the same. Plenty posts on here whining about Hun being sectarian. You seem to go along with it. Yet as has been brought up so many times I forget it is a term going back decades and it transcends all clubs most of whom are not remotely considered sectarian.

Everyone just know Rangers fans are The Huns. 

The more you try to bend reality and make innocent terms into something sinister as some sort of rear guard action in your lunatic war on logic the more you reveal yourselves as bonkers. Please stop it.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm not gonna lie. 

I'm slightly disappointed that the famous don't get a mention. 

Need to up our game next season. :(

F@ck that DD. If we're no on it anymore, you're definitely not getting on. Remember division 3 was all our fault!! :mad:

3 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

But if used by other protestants can it still be classed sectarian?

Not sure mate, I genuinely don't give a shite. It's a term that's been directed at me from close mates and others since as long as I can remember and it's never been an issue. I know others do take offence though.

To answer your question I suppose  you could compare it to 'fenian' or 'nigger'. Calling someone either in the Street could land you with a criminal record but I've seen Tims with scarves with 'fenian army' on them and I think we are well aware some black people refer to themselves as the N word. 

Seems to be a argument/discussion that comes up year on year. 

Just now, Cove_Sheep said:

Would that argument mean nigger isn't racist?

Although I agree, the H word isn't sectarian.

Interesting one. 

Not sure. I was always led to believe the H word was to do with the marauding huns from the 7th century? I worked for years with a Rangers fan who referred to himself as a Hun so who knows?

Hun = Rangers fan, pure and simple.

Protestant Rangers fans are huns

Catholic Rangers fans are huns

Jewish Rangers fans are huns

Muslim Rangers fans are huns

Athiest Rangers fans are huns

Sectarian?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sonppj

spot on as far as I'm concerned

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Ok so if it's sectarian - how? What is its sectarian meaning? 

I have no idea. As I said it's the Nil by Mouth crowd, who appear to be everyones idea of a moral compass, that have decided.

I couldn't care less. If I actually gave a f#ck what anyone thought of me I might be interested. But I don't. 

It's just interesting how some of the NBM stuff is fine on here but they're wrong About Hun, according to some.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Sorry what? Thanks but I'll be my own 'moral arbiter' and I suggest everyone else do the same. Plenty posts on here whining about Hun being sectarian. You seem to go along with it. Yet as has been brought up so many times I forget it is a term going back decades and it transcends all clubs most of whom are not remotely considered sectarian.

Everyone just know Rangers fans are The Huns. 

The more you try to bend reality and make innocent terms into something sinister as some sort of rear guard action in your lunatic war on logic the more you reveal yourselves as bonkers. Please stop it.

See there you go supposing incorrectly again. I couldn't care less what anyone calls me, especially on here. I don't know if Hun is sectarian or not and I'm not too bothered. 

As I've pointed outseveral times recently the hypocrisy on here is very funny.

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I have no idea. As I said it's the Nil by Mouth crowd, who appear to be everyones idea of a moral compass, that have decided.

I couldn't care less. If I actually gave a f#ck what anyone thought of me I might be interested. But I don't. 

It's just interesting how some of the NBM stuff is fine on here but they're wrong About Hun, according to some.

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

See there you go supposing incorrectly again. I couldn't care less what anyone calls me, especially on here. I don't know if Hun is sectarian or not and I'm not too bothered. 

As I've pointed outseveral times recently the hypocrisy on here is very funny.

Can you point out the hypocrisy please and maybe point to where some have said NBM stuff is fine but they're wrong about Hun? 

Ive never seen this before so it would be interesting to read it.