Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

43 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Would that argument mean nigger isn't racist?

Although I agree, the H word isn't sectarian.

It would appear the N word is fine when Chris Rock uses it on stage.

As an atheist I reckon I'm allowed to call anyone anything I like, in a religious connotation.  After all I don't acknowledge their beliefs. ?

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Not sure mate, I genuinely don't give a shite. It's a term that's been directed at me from close mates and others since as long as I can remember and it's never been an issue. I know others do take offence though.

To answer your question I suppose  you could compare it to 'fenian' or 'nigger'. Calling someone either in the Street could land you with a criminal record but I've seen Tims with scarves with 'fenian army' on them and I think we are well aware some black people refer to themselves as the N word. 

Seems to be a argument/discussion that comes up year on year. 

If used in the correct context, fenian is nothing to do with catholic either.

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

If used in the correct context, fenian is nothing to do with catholic either.

Many of the Fenian Brotherhood and Irish Nationalists were Protestant. 

And King Billy was supported by the Pope. 

No wonder the weegies are a confused bunch of ####tards. 

4 hours ago, min said:

Hun = Rangers fan, pure and simple.

Protestant Rangers fans are huns

Catholic Rangers fans are huns

Jewish Rangers fans are huns

Muslim Rangers fans are huns

Athiest Rangers fans are huns

Sectarian?

This doesn't really help much,but,if you're south of Stonehaven,you're a weegie Imo.......

Whether a cafflick or a proddy,you're not nice.

None of yous are.

I'm probably the only decent cafflick left,apart from my mum,she's nice,she gives me sandwiches when I visit.

And my brothers and sisters aren't too shabby either,they give me nieces/nephews and shit like that,good excuses to eat shite at birthday parties.

Sorry if this went off topic,but who won again?? 

This thread is far too sinister for a cup final...   

Edited by dandydunn

11 hours ago, min said:

Hun = Rangers fan, pure and simple.

Protestant Rangers fans are huns

Catholic Rangers fans are huns

Jewish Rangers fans are huns

Muslim Rangers fans are huns

Athiest Rangers fans are huns

Sectarian?

It's also used to refer to Hearts fans and I've heard Kilmarnock fans being referred to as diet Huns so it's not as simple as saying it just means Rangers fans.

Not that I think it has anything to do with  religion (in fact I don't understand why the term is used at all).

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Not bad, not bad at all.

'No class, no class......' on a continuous loop would suffice :)

Happy anniversary btw......A week today already!

Well done the Hibees (Even Doon the feckin slope), a great day.......

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

It's also used to refer to Hearts fans and I've heard Kilmarnock fans being referred to as diet Huns so it's not as simple as saying it just means Rangers fans.

Not that I think it has anything to do with  religion (in fact I don't understand why the term is used at all).

I think this is part of why most folk don't see it as sectarian.  Nobody appears to have the definitive history of how it started. So there's no real reference points.

We should try and reverse the negative name calling and start some positive/affectionate nicknames.

Aberdeen fans could be Cuddly Bunnies? ;)

Another great moment. All the focus on SOL these days but Glory, Glory is the song that connects the Hibee generations. References. The famous five in one verse and then saying "I only want to say the Scottish cup is on the bag" in the last verse. Very poignant moment for us Hibees singing that at the end last Saturday.

38 minutes ago, giblet said:

Another great moment. All the focus on SOL these days but Glory, Glory is the song that connects the Hibee generations. References. The famous five in one verse and then saying "I only want to say the Scottish cup is on the bag" in the last verse. Very poignant moment for us Hibees singing that at the end last Saturday.

A full chuffing summer of this :(

11 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I can't wait.......:)

You've got to give Hibs fans their moment, but I suspect some of them are going to be like the 40 year old virgin who eventually gets his Nat King, and then goes on and on about it like he's the only person in history to ever get a ride. 

Reality will kick in once they get back to struggling against Dumbarton and Ayr in the league... :lol: