Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 72 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

• 5 weeks later...

ah so the report comes out just in time for the new season.  I see Rangers are bleating about "'inaccuracies and contradictions' in the report. Some ridiculous ommissions including the criminally negligent marking for our winning goal on Gray by Andy Halliday.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1362989-pitch-invasion-probe-finds-minority-behind-violent-scenes/

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

I don't see any mention about the hun players being attacked. I wonder why not?

Either they still in trauma and unable to give evidence on the savage assault they suffered.

Or as we all know it never happened, apart from Fotheringham getting a slight nudge to the shoulder. 

Hope they have recovered from the sectarian abuse the report claims the nasty Hibs fans dished out. Surely that is the very definition of irony. 

On 02/06/2016 at 2:10 PM, phart said:

Just follow the court cases that's the empirical evidence, not the hearsay afterwards,

On 02/06/2016 at 2:39 PM, ShedTA said:

yeh. so any new court cases?

We do now. Or a report or whatever the courts weren't really needed.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/ScottishCupFinal2016Report/Scottish Cup Final 2016 Commission of Enquiry - Report of SP Bowen.pdf

Reading the report i love how whoever wrote it described the Hobs supporters at the front the "Vanguard" as if they were an assigned military unit as opposed to the folk that got onto the pitch first and were faster. Even though later on they acknowledge

"There is no evidence to suggest

that the pitch invasion was planned, or that

the body of regular Hibs supporters was infiltrated by individuals or groups

of individuals holding some form of malicious intent."

Also took Rangers fans 17 seconds to "run" from trackside to the pitch.

Edited by phart

There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included the hurling of obscene language and sectarian abuse.

I know the dude is a QC but unless it has some esoteric meaning in law, shouting abuse at someone isn't a physical confrontation, regardless of the content being shouted.

Do any of the Rangers fans know what the clubs problem is with the report and what inaccuracies are in it?

From a Motherwell point of view I have loads of issues with it.

How they can whitewash policing, stewarding and SFA organisation and planning is a bit contradictory, given all the criticisms of the same for the pitch invasion at the play off game at Fir Park.

Motherwell had the largest police and security presence they had everhad at fir park, including "helicopter Sunday".

I think if they'd been honest enough to admit the game looked like going to ET and they got caught with their pants down by the late goal it would be less of a sham.

The report mentions the police were preoccupied with The Rangers' fans sectarian singing.

Where's the action from the SFA/SFPL?

I was under the impression it was banned, or have their new 'laws' allowed the club to deal with it on their own? 

Turkeys voting for Christmas..  

On 06/08/2016 at 6:24 PM, phart said:

There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included the hurling of obscene language and sectarian abuse.

I know the dude is a QC but unless it has some esoteric meaning in law, shouting abuse at someone isn't a physical confrontation, regardless of the content being shouted.

Depends how it's done I suppose. If shouted from your seat in the stand then it's nothing. If the guy doing it is right in your face and you can feel his spit landing on you then I'd say it could be described as physical confrontation. 

Folk have been charged for less before now.

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Depends how it's done I suppose. If shouted from your seat in the stand then it's nothing. If the guy doing it is right in your face and you can feel his spit landing on you then I'd say it could be described as physical confrontation. 

Would agree with that.

Squaring upto someone or aiming a push, punch or kick at them would count surely.

Do you know what Rangers issue is?

I'm not fishing, but without reading the full thing, there's nothing I can see obvious for RFC to be upset about.

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It doesnt vindicate their fans for being on the pitch to protect all outfield players and officials who were savagely beaten by the hordes of Hibees out for provocation and intimidation.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Would agree with that.

Squaring upto someone or aiming a push, punch or kick at them would count surely.

I'm not fishing, but without reading the full thing, there's nothing I can see obvious for RFC to be upset about.

Nope. I didn't read Rangers statement on it. Possibly because it comes over as a bit of sweeping under the carpet on the many security failures?

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope. I didn't read Rangers statement on it. Possibly because it comes over as a bit of sweeping under the carpet on the many security failures?

I agree on that.

As I said earlier, they highlighted loads of things Motherwell could/should have done better, yet have taken no responsibility when it happened on their own patch.

3 hours ago, giblet said:

It doesnt vindicate their fans for being on the pitch to protect all outfield players and officials who were savagely beaten by the hordes of Hibees out for provocation and intimidation.

Correct which is why their focus will turn to the stewards and police

Its never their fault

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Oh if you run onto the field of play and start shouting and screaming abuse at a player, that should get you lifted 100% it doesn't even have to be sectarian abuse.

I'm just being picky with the physical confrontation part, not trying to downplay it, these folk are idiots and the police should lift them. screaming in someones face in this context should involve the police. Totally no need for it and puts a shitty stain over the day.

Guest BlueGaz

Every penny spent on this stupid exercise should have been given to the police to help them find every person that caused trouble that day and lift them and get them into court.  The best way to stop it happening again.

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Every penny spent on this stupid exercise should have been given to the police to help them find every person that caused trouble that day and lift them and get them into court.  The best way to stop it happening again.

didn't a few supporters end up getting lifted?

I remember their faces being plastered all over the papers.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

didn't a few supporters end up getting lifted?

I remember their faces being plastered all over the papers.

Over 40 so far, seemingly (although this doesn't include anything outside the stadium - for example those lifted in connection with the boy being left unconscious at Haymarket Station) 

12 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I am right in thinking that Rangers have banned everyone lifted that day already, and I think Hibs have done the same (or at least were going to interview those involved where there was a bit of ambiguity). Know for example that if you got lifted at Hampden, then purchased a season ticket for Ibrox, you've been told you arnt getting your money back.

Personally the way to deal with it would for clubs to start taking direction action against their own fans for causing trouble. So for example if Hibs were fined say £10,000 for the pitch invasion (completely guessed at and made up figure), the club would take action to recoup this from their own fans.

Know Celtic thought about doing something similar a few years back against a group of their away fans in Europe.

3 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I am right in thinking that Rangers have banned everyone lifted that day already, and I think Hibs have done the same (or at least were going to interview those involved where there was a bit of ambiguity). Know for example that if you got lifted at Hampden, then purchased a season ticket for Ibrox, you've been told you arnt getting your money back.

Personally the way to deal with it would for clubs to start taking direction action against their own fans for causing trouble. So for example if Hibs were fined say £10,000 for the pitch invasion (completely guessed at and made up figure), the club would take action to recoup this from their own fans.

Know Celtic thought about doing something similar a few years back against a group of their away fans in Europe.

A few days after the final there was a post on fibs.net about someone starting a fund me page for people to donate towards the inevitable fine coming our way who ran on the pitch. I'd certainly donate towards it

edited to add that I wasn't on the pitch :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Edited by DoonTheSlope