Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

52 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

If the clubs would accept 'Strict Liability' then these & other incidents would soon stop. 

Totally agree. Problem is none of them want to, despite the Old Firm fans being the only ones that ever cause any bother according to some on here.

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Agreed. But wasn't it 40-0 against last time in the vote?

Its going to have to be imposed like the Champions League rules are. 

It won't be imposed as it needs the clubs to agree unfortunately.

Most of us on here know what is and isn't acceptable and how to move things on. Clubs for some reason are to scared to accept it. 

26 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

It won't be imposed as it needs the clubs to agree unfortunately.

Most of us on here know what is and isn't acceptable and how to move things on. Clubs for some reason are to scared to accept it. 

Someone once told me it was for insurance reasons - which would make sense I suppose. Its odd otherwise that every single club would be against it. Its probably the only thing they have been united on ever.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Personally I think the fact that Rangers made such stupid knee jerk statements has undermined the valid argument they have.

No player or club employee should be subjected to the events after the final whistle that happened last season. For some reason because Rangers put out some stupid statements it's become acceptable for their employees to be assaulted. The TAMB posts on this subject have been nothing short of pathetic in general. 

If I remember correctly the Hearts fan that assaulted Neil Lennon got away with it despite it being a televised event. So I'm not holding my breath on the authorities getting anything done to the guilty parties this time either.

Because the fiscal tried to add a religious motivation to the assault. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Personally I think the fact that Rangers made such stupid knee jerk statements has undermined the valid argument they have.

No player or club employee should be subjected to the events after the final whistle that happened last season. For some reason because Rangers put out some stupid statements it's become acceptable for their employees to be assaulted. The TAMB posts on this subject have been nothing short of pathetic in general. 

If I remember correctly the Hearts fan that assaulted Neil Lennon got away with it despite it being a televised event. So I'm not holding my breath on the authorities getting anything done to the guilty parties this time either.

He got 8 months for breach of the peace.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Because the fiscal tried to add a religious motivation to the assault. 

I know and i understand why he did that but it was always going to be a much harder case doing it that way. Should have stuck with the basic assault charge and it would have been a slam dunk.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28 September 2016 at 7:58 PM, Stu101 said:

Seemingly didn't have too. Without strict liability the clubs are pretty safe. Relatively short hearing.

Good to hear the Hibs paid for the damage though.

Fans chipping in via a go fund me page. I donated while wearing the very same trainers which were the cause of much exuberance that day

The SFA are an utter shambles. They seem more interested in getting some cash out of the clubs than sorting their own pathetic security. 

So all of Scotlands home games will be equally badly policed too. meaning the dangerous problems seen at the Poland game can and will happen again.

not very reassuring for the England game when it comes.

As for Rangers statement, factually it's not too bad but the tone is the usual "holier than thou" that just pisses off everyone that reads it. Whoever does our statements is a sanctimonious twat.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The SFA are an utter shambles. They seem more interested in getting some cash out of the clubs than sorting their own pathetic security. 

So all of Scotlands home games will be equally badly policed too. meaning the dangerous problems seen at the Poland game can and will happen again.

not very reassuring for the England game when it comes.

As for Rangers statement, factually it's not too bad but the tone is the usual "holier than thou" that just pisses off everyone that reads it. Whoever does our statements is a sanctimonious twat.

Yeah, to be fair to Rangers, the content isn't ridiculous. I agree with a lot if it. As you say, it's the tone.

Is it not level 5 PR company, which is Jim Traynor that do them?

Although calling it PR is a bit of a cheek!

:lol:

Agree with Rangers and Renfrew blue on the sfa's apparent motivation being financial compensation rather than getting to the bottom of what happened and why.

It was so obvious they got caught on the hop by the late goal and didn't have anything effective in place to stop a pitch invasion.

Although the policing and stewarding at games is probably completely inadequate to deal with large crowds, let alone any bother in one.

But 1 Motherwell fan gets on the pitch.....

CPihyiKXAAQEy0a.png

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc