Edinburgh City - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stockport are a massive club, with a great support. Hoepfully they are up in a proper league soon. 

From a purely selfish point of view i hope they don't .they bring a big following and my lad lives in manchester so the away game is a good excuse to meet up with him for a beer and take the game in together.I must say not the most hospitable supporters you will find and they charge £17 to watch level 6 football.

Ian

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edinburgh City confirmed to play at Ainslie Park (Spartans FC) for the next three seasons until Meadowbank is redeveloped. 

I've been following City this year and to be honest it's been cracking fun! Had a few great days out, 3-1 away to Berwick on Hogmanay, a Baltic away win on a tuesday night against Cowdenbeath. A few defeats as well right enough but that was to be expected in their first senior season. Looking forward to a day oot away to Montrose on Saturday ??

8 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Edinburgh City confirmed to play at Ainslie Park (Spartans FC) for the next three seasons until Meadowbank is redeveloped. 

I've been following City this year and to be honest it's been cracking fun! Had a few great days out, 3-1 away to Berwick on Hogmanay, a Baltic away win on a tuesday night against Cowdenbeath. A few defeats as well right enough but that was to be expected in their first senior season. Looking forward to a day oot away to Montrose on Saturday ??

Fantastic news. I've been in 42/42 for a while now.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:52 PM, Rory said:

I'm a clyde supporter!
I suspect you are a Shire supporter which if you are i have huge respect, takes a lot supporting teams in the lower leagues! In my eyes they have been taking up a place in lower leagues which i believe more ambitious teams in Lowlands or Highlands have the right to compete for. If pyramid system had came into play a few years back, who knows where clyde would be, i'm just grateful we are no longer sitting at bottom of this hellhole of a league.

Really in the sh!t now..

3 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

It's been a slow painfull death. To the point where no one gives a monkeys any more. 

No' so sure about that. You were given Barry Ferguson. ???

Edited by Ormond

27 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Clyde just signed Goodwillie last week too. Came off the bench on Saturday. No sure they'd have pushed that signing through if they were about to go bust?

I see an MSP who part owns them is boycotting now.

Just now, McTeeko said:

Aye, he didn't actually resign again though did he? Presented to the media one day, admin the next.

Was it not after they went into admin that they tried to sign him?

Or they just didn't get the paperwork through before?

On 30/03/2017 at 1:41 PM, McTeeko said:

What they doing to Meadowbank ?  they having stands all round the pitch ?  

9 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, he didn't actually resign again though did he? Presented to the media one day, admin the next.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Was it not after they went into admin that they tried to sign him?

Or they just didn't get the paperwork through before?

9 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Och I cannae mind now, you may well be right. I thought they had him in the stands wearing the gear announcing he was signing the next day, then admin put paid to that (Valentine's Day). 

40 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

This is my memory of it. 

Looked it up, looks like he was at their game on the 10th and had agreed a deal but they hadn't got the registration through before admin.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16967931

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

What they doing to Meadowbank ?  they having stands all round the pitch ?  

Total over haul, but basically keeping the principals of what it is used for just now.

New 500 seat and fitness center main stand, a 3G football pitch surrounded by a 6 lane running track.

I believe there is still talk that Edinburgh Rugby might move in one day, so would imagine the terracing is staying in some form, or room for development of temporary stands later on.

Edited by wanderer