Man Utd v Bournemouth abandoned - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man Utd v Bournemouth abandoned

Normally in this situation they don't bother replaying the game if it's meaningless but currently Bournemouth could move up 2 positions and Man Utd could gain a higher european position. If Southampton win they would be out of Europe completely.

In that case they would surely have to replay the game.

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

Normally in this situation they don't bother replaying the game if it's meaningless but currently Bournemouth could move up 2 positions and Man Utd could gain a higher european position. If Southampton win they would be out of Europe completely.

In that case they would surely have to replay the game.

Every EPL game is live on the telly in Qatar, of course it'll be played.

Controlled explosion at Old Trafford.    Hoping it's just a security guard that has misplaced his work gear.

If there is a bomb or shooting in a high profile or televised football match, we're going to be in for the airport treatment when attending a fitba' game :(

Even if it's a bag of sandwiches it's a victory really for the terrorists as they want us to spend our lives scared of every rucksack we see on it's own or attached to anyone with Muslim tendencies. Back in 1987 I think I was at an away match at Aston Villa & at HT the tannoy announcer told us they had received an "IRA" bomb warning. They basically said they weren't taking it seriously & were carrying on but would open the gates if anyone wanted to go. Nobody did as far as I know, but nowadays I imagine you'd want out sharpish. Places like Old Trafford must be terrified that they are a target, & they probably are.

Couple of tweets by GMPolice:

Bomb disposal experts carried out controlled explosion at Old Trafford on what is described as incredibly lifelike explosive device...

Full assessment now concluded and found device wasn't viable.

Sounds ominous.

According to a friend at the game,they only evacuated the stretford end and saf stand,first of all  

Could'nt of of been taken that seriously at first if that was the case,and why were sky still in the studio when this was happening?

Edited by dandydunn
Because I never finished a sentanc..

52 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

According to a friend at the game,they only evacuated the stretford end and saf stand,first of all  

Could'nt of of been taken that seriously at first if that was the case,and why were sky still in the studio when this was happening?

They evacuated those stands as they are the two stars immediately adjacent to the quadrant where the suspicious package was found. Once those stands had been done, they did the remaining stands. Sky's studio is in the south stand so would have been the last to get done.

I'd imagine that they wanted a staggered evacuation to better control the flow of people coming out of the stadium.

It wouldn't be like full time where everyone would leave and disperse. Everyone was hanging around the exits when they left and the stewards and police were trying to manage that, plus the people turning up not knowing what was going on.

Is that confirmed as a training feck up if so why did no one on the excersise not realise what it was.It was a training feck up as its now on sky sports news.ffs

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

5 hours ago, OLAS said:

Couple of tweets by GMPolice:

Sounds ominous.

Someone mocked up a bomb without the explosive charge? Probably the police to detract from Hillsborough.

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread. There, so aye the police did make it lol.

Edited by phart

A "private company" sounds dodgy we're sub-contracting security out? What private company would be making and planting bombs in stadia? Seems weird to me.

Anyone gets an idea of the name let me know please.

Shouldn't all fake bombs have some sort of unique identifying marker anyway? Seems a necessary thing to have, to avoid these sorts of situations at least and also for inventory purposes.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

A "private company" sounds dodgy we're sub-contracting security out? What private company would be making and planting bombs in stadia? Seems weird to me.

Anyone gets an idea of the name let me know please.

Shouldn't all fake bombs have some sort of unique identifying marker anyway? Seems a necessary thing to have, to avoid these sorts of situations at least and also for inventory purposes.

All part of the major ploy to keep the minions in a constant state of fear.