Sinead O' Connor - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sinead O' Connor

9 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Was she living in Chicago?

I'm not sure. I know just a couple of weeks ago the Irish social services took her young child away from her. So that tells me if she is living here then she has just moved.

8 hours ago, Topcat said:

she's a total zoomer - must have an album ready for release

She had a long history of mental issues stemming from child abuse, but hey, if you think that's funny...

9 hours ago, aaid said:

She had a long history of mental issues stemming from child abuse, but hey, if you think that's funny...

I've always loved her music, she never takes the easy option. I went to see her at the Usher Hall in c2002, She did a lot of folk stuff and I was taken aback at the sheer raw beauty of her voice. And she is tiny, looked really vulnerable on stage, so different from the persona she often has often projected.

I suspect she has had mental health issues for a while, suggestions of abuse (vehemently denied by her brother Joe incidentally) have always been there in the background. I hope she gets now gets the care she needs.

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Unhinged misandrist. 

I disagree Thplinth. I think she's a mentally unstable/ill woman and has been for many years. Whilst her brother has always defended their father of the abuse charges he too has spoken of the terrible abuse meted out by their mother. I have no window into her head but maybe the wee girl blamed her dad for not taking her away when her mum was being violent towards her and her siblings and she's not got over that.  Unfair though that blame would be as her father fought to get custody of his children. She's been violently vocal against the Catholic Church in relation of their crimes of prolific child rape and cover ups and their lack of intervention in domestic violence. I think I also read recently that she wrote an open letter to her ex and whilst I didn't read it I imagine it was vitriolic as she has a history of speaking out, often rashly. Rather than being a man, church, priest,religious, America hater I think she's damaged. Maybe from past events or maybe a brain imbalance or maybe a mixture of both. 

Like me she'd bloody love you and phart so take it back.

(I just deleted a huge big rant I added at the end. I've a really sore shoulder and a neighbour I'm not allowed to hit or steal her dog as she's a sheite dog owner so believe me it was some rant.) 

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

I disagree Thplinth. I think she's a mentally unstable/ill woman and has been for many years. Whilst her brother has always defended their father of the abuse charges he too has spoken of the terrible abuse meted out by their mother. I have no window into her head but maybe the wee girl blamed her dad for not taking her away when her mum was being violent towards her and her siblings and she's not got over that.  Unfair though that blame would be as her father fought to get custody of his children. She's been violently vocal against the Catholic Church in relation of their crimes of prolific child rape and cover ups and their lack of intervention in domestic violence. I think I also read recently that she wrote an open letter to her ex and whilst I didn't read it I imagine it was vitriolic as she has a history of speaking out, often rashly. Rather than being a man, church, priest,religious, America hater I think she's damaged. Maybe from past events or maybe a brain imbalance or maybe a mixture of both. 

Like me she'd bloody love you and phart so take it back.

(I just deleted a huge big rant I added at the end. I've a really sore shoulder and a neighbour I'm not allowed to hit or steal her dog as she's a sheite dog owner so believe me it was some rant.) 

I took offence at things she said years ago. But When I tried to recall what it was or find it I could not. That is the best I can do.;)

I did stumble across this story though... did not realize she had four kids to four different fathers who she recently all disowned!

Sinead O'Connor to Her Exes, Kids: "You're Dead to Me"

I have a bad feeling about Sinead's future. She seems to be spiraling.