Transfer gossip - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer gossip

Slide Tackle

6 hours ago, bossman4 said:

Being linked with Hull and Villa this morning. Did Steve Bruce not try and get him before Hull?

He certainly has been linked to Hull before.  If he has the choice of Rangers or Celtic or Swansea, Hull, I wonder where he would go. I'm sure the English clubs could put more money on the table but he hasn't won much has he. I wonder how important medals and silverware are to someone like Fletcher at this stage of hi career?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

He certainly has been linked to Hull before.  If he has the choice of Rangers or Celtic or Swansea, Hull, I wonder where he would go. I'm sure the English clubs could put more money on the table but he hasn't won much has he. I wonder how important medals and silverware are to someone like Fletcher at this stage of hi career?

A very long way behind money I'd be prepared to bet

On 11 June 2016 at 7:05 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Now why would such an amazing striker (according to some on here) be released by a relegation battling club ? Surely they'd want to hang onto such a phenomenal talent ?

Truth is, the guy is a poor player.

Some people don't know anything about football, and you're one of them. ;)

Apparently DUFC turn down £250k for 17 yo Harry Souttar and also announced today that another of our players who has just turned 16 is leaving for Southampton. We will get development fee. Both players come through the Cathro school I think

On 23/06/2016 at 11:49 PM, adamntg said:

Never even made it as far as United's development squad.  Only 16.

Yet another left back apparently - which means he'll actually be quite decent, good enough for the squad in a few years but will competing with 4 others whilst we struggle for genuine quality in other positions.

6 hours ago, JECK said:

Yet another left back apparently - which means he'll actually be quite decent, good enough for the squad in a few years but will competing with 4 others whilst we struggle for genuine quality in other positions.

I read an interview where he said he was right back/centre half. Hopefully he is .

19 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I read an interview where he said he was right back/centre half. Hopefully he is .

Good if true. Tierney looks different class already you have to admit not to mention Andy Robertsons steady rise(and I'm not normally one for overhyped young Scottish players given the last 20 years)

I read somewhere that Liverpool are reportedly considering making a bid for Mane. Somewhere in the region of £25 million, I think.

They're also offering £5k for our tea lady, £10k for the bus driver, and a 'double your money' £500 a week deal for the St Mary's toilet cleaner. :(

On the plus side, we've bought Nathan Redmond from Norwich for £10M. I think that's a decent signing. He's young and has played U'21 for England. Hopefully he'll do well and we can sell him to Liverpool in a couple of years time.

On 6/26/2016 at 11:21 AM, bossman4 said:

Matt Ritchie linked with a £10 million move to Newcastle, but West Ham looking at him as well.

Grant Hanley linked with Fulham, Derby, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday. 

Newcastle have also met the asking price for Scotland international Ritchie, reportedly valued at £10million by Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe, and the 26-year-old is scheduled to meet with Newcastle officials to finalise personal terms.

Ritchie was a near ever-present for Bournemouth last season, the club's first in the Premier League, scoring four goals in 37 appearances, while he netted 15 for Howe's side as they won promotion from the Sky Bet Championship in the previous campaign.

Robbie Leitch Signs for Burnley

Never heard of him, but you never know probably learn more at a Premiership development squad than he would up here

The 18-year-old, son of Motherwell's academy head Scott Leitch, never played for the Motherwell first-team but scored in their Scottish Youth Cup final triumph in May.

Leitch, whose older brother Jack was released by Motherwell this summer, rejected a new Fir Park contract and Burnley revealed they had signed him on a free transfer.

He told Burnley's website: "I'm delighted to sign here because it's a club that is really going places and the fact they're back in the Premier League is great.

"It was an easy decision to make because I think Burnley are that big of a club and I can't wait to get started now.

"Hopefully I can play regularly for the under-21s this season, and keep progressing to try and challenge for a spot in the first-team as quick as I can."

Burnley have also announced the signing of former Bolton forward Jamie Thomas on a free transfer.

Like Leitch, Thomas, 19, has signed a two-year deal with a further year's option in Burnley's favour and is to join up with the club's development squad.

Thomas appeared twice on Bolton's bench in the Championship last season and is a Wales Under-19 international.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

Don't think the Bournemouth fans are to happy at selling Ritchie.

From BBC gossip this morning - Sheffield Wednesday could beat Norwich City to the signing of Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher when the 29-year-old Scotland striker becomes a free agent at the end of his Sunderland contract. (Sunderland Echo)

Either would be a good move for him.

Edited by bossman4