Transfer gossip - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer gossip

Slide Tackle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Is this the same for McCarthy and Ireland ? 

I have absolutely no idea. I also have no idea how it relates to Matt Ritchie not being Scottish. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I have absolutely no idea. I also have no idea how it relates to Matt Ritchie not being Scottish. 

I was trying to compare the similarities if I am right in believing that McCarthy had never been to Ireland prior to playing for them. 

Edited to add ask if he is as Irish as Ritchie is Scottish ?

Edited by jock strap

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He'd never even been to Scotland before he was called up to our squad. He's not Scottish. 

Who actually gives a f Uck? This nostalgia teary eyed bullocks about a team full of Real Scotsmen stuff is so grating. He plays for us, he tries, I assume he enjoys and therefore we should back him. And who are you to decide that he's not Scottish? He's half Scottish and we do not know his or his families circumstances growing up which resulted in him never coming here.

There are hundreds of players playing for international teams that were not born in the country they represent and there are better international teams than us that have called up players through these rules, so why shouldn't we?

You may decry the fact that international football has been sanitised or diluted but it's the modern way and we need to get used to it. If you want a team of 11 c unts called Haggis McKilt all born up here then good luck to ye but it's teary eyed pish. 

They took our jobs is the cry.

16 minutes ago, Mox said:

Who actually gives a f Uck?

Me. The point of representative international football is one country vs another. 

I've deleted the rest of your post as it was just you assigning things to me that i never said. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Me. The point of representative international football is one country vs another. 

I've deleted the rest of your post as it was just you assigning things to me that i never said. 

Haha, ignorance is bliss. The fact you care so much about whether he has visited here or not is embarassing. I think you'll grow out of it eventually although your quite stunning ability to put your fingers in your ears and shout la la la is to be applauded.

I travel with mates to away games. They wear kilts, Scotland tops, have Scottish tattoos and sing the National anthem as if their life depended on it.

Some of them weren't born in Scotland and don't even have a Scottish accent. 

Are they Scottish ? 

Anyway, is Tierney gonna go if a big English club come in for him ? 

I hope he stays. Lad has a great career in front of him if he progresses the way he has this season.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Haha, ignorance is bliss. The fact you care so much about whether he has visited here or not is embarassing. I think you'll grow out of it eventually although your quite stunning ability to put your fingers in your ears and shout la la la is to be applauded.

Nope, you fabricating that i want " a team of 11 c unts called Haggis McKilt all born up here " is embarrassing. 

What i want is 11 folk who're Scottish and wouldn't rather be playing for another country. Not guys who only play for us because they're not good enough to get a game for someone else. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope, you fabricating that i want " a team of 11 c unts called Haggis McKilt all born up here " is embarrassing. 

What i want is 11 folk who're Scottish and wouldn't rather be playing for another country. Not guys who only play for us because they're not good enough to get a game for someone else. 

You might want it but it's not going to happen. It's time to move on and embrace it. You and others like you are stuck in a rose tinted past whilst the rest of us waltz past you at an alarming speed embracing change.

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fair enough, but what evidence do you have that Richie falls into that category?

45 minutes ago, Mox said:

You might want it but it's not going to happen. It's time to move on and embrace it. You and others like you are stuck in a rose tinted past whilst the rest of us waltz past you at an alarming speed embracing change.

a bizarre string of words - is it supposed to strengthen your point?

are you sure international football is your thing? Champions League appears more suited to you.

8 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

are you sure international football is your thing? Champions League appears more suited to you.

if we could have a team like Celtic had when they won in Europe it would be great.

I believe you are where you were born and after that you might like/love Scotland but you are not Scottish. 

Sadly International Football is not just about where you were born. I believe it was the home nations that started the hole change in rules with the parent and grandparent rule. now its School and loads more. 

If you can put up with this then carry on supporting your Country if you cant then do something else with your time. No matter what you think or say it will never change as almost every country uses the rules in one way or the other to get a better team.

It is more like club Football and it will get worse with the way Europe is going and more people move from one Country to another.

I have made my mind up that I will support whoever puts on the Scotland top. I don't make the rules and I cant change them.

21 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

If you are debating with someone any words that you use are done so to strengthen your point.

As for your second point I have very little idea as to what you are alluding to ma man. You'll need to explain further. For what it's worth am a EuropaLeague man, always have been.

2 minutes ago, stitch said:

if we could have a team like Celtic had when they won in Europe it would be great.

I believe you are where you were born and after that you might like/love Scotland but you are not Scottish. 

Sadly International Football is not just about where you were born. I believe it was the home nations that started the hole change in rules with the parent and grandparent rule. now its School and loads more. 

If you can put up with this then carry on supporting your Country if you cant then do something else with your time. No matter what you think or say it will never change as almost every country uses the rules in one way or the other to get a better team.

It is more like club football and it will get worse with the way Europe is going and more people move from one Country to another.

I have made my mind up that I will support whoever puts on the Scotland top. I don't make the rules and I cant change them.

So we're now upset that folk are moving to other countries to better themselves and live better lives? Sweet mother a christ

How do you know Ritchie would rather be playing for another country though?  Maybe he has always supported Scotland in football.  In fact, it's a distinct possibility, given his father is a Scot.  And let's face it, playing for Scotland at this point in time isn't exactly a short cut to success.

18 minutes ago, Mox said:

So we're now upset that folk are moving to other countries to better themselves and live better lives? Sweet mother a christ

I think he was sort of agreeing with you by pointing out that people are currently more mobile than ever, particularly so within the EU.

Scots have been leaving Scotland consistently for centuries to search for a better life; some people who post on this board fall into this category.  Other posters, for some reason, take great umbrage at the sons of such people being able to represent Scotland at football.

11 minutes ago, scotlad said:

How do you know Ritchie would rather be playing for another country though?  Maybe he has always supported Scotland in football.  In fact, it's a distinct possibility, given his father is a Scot.  And let's face it, playing for Scotland at this point in time isn't exactly a short cut to success.

I think he was sort of agreeing with you by pointing out that people are currently more mobile than ever, particularly so within the EU.

Scots have been leaving Scotland consistently for centuries to search for a better life; some people who post on this board fall into this category.  Other posters, for some reason, take great umbrage at the sons of such people being able to represent Scotland at football.

Your last paragraph is spot on and it's so frustrating that people seem to be so insular about this particular subject.

22 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Someone who's a grown adult but never, ever been to Scotland is Scottish? 

Right you are, 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Someone who's a grown adult but never, ever been to Scotland is Scottish? 

Right you are, 

He was born to a Scottish father, Parkie. That seals the deal in most walks of life, and not just football.

26 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

He was born to a Scottish father, Parkie. That seals the deal in most walks of life, and not just football.

Seals what deal? 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Hopefully (as both a Celtic and Scotland fan), Tierney will stay at Celtic for at least another season. The worst thing he could do is move somewhere where he won't play as much. 

Heres hoping Mick :ok: 

Tierney is pure quality.