Vienna Sunday Night? - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vienna Sunday Night?

neilypiece

Ola!

Are many folk planning on stopping over in Vienna on the Sunday night?

I'm looking at staying over Sunday night then getting the boat up the Danube on the Monday.

If there's a few of us we could have a little party Sunday night then continue it on the (booze) cruise Monday.

Where's everybody staying? I havenae booked my pad yet.

Just checked out this company: DDSG Blue Danube.

VIENNA - BRATISLAVA

Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner
 25.03. - 30.04.2016  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  daily  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  -
 01.05. - 03.09.2016  daily  daily  daily  daily  Fr, Sa
 04.09. - 02.10.2016  daily  daily  daily  daily  -
 03.10. - 30.10.2016  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  daily  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  -
Pfeilchen_linie_international_tcl.png  Schwedenplatz  08:30  09:00  12:30  16:30  18:00
 Bratislava  09:45  10:15  13:45  17:45  19:15

Looks like they only do a 9am sailing from Vienna when we're there......a wee bit early perhaps????

On 18 May 2016 at 7:55 AM, neilypiece said:

Just checked out this company: DDSG Blue Danube.

VIENNA - BRATISLAVA

Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner  Twin City Liner
 25.03. - 30.04.2016  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  daily  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  -
 01.05. - 03.09.2016  daily  daily  daily  daily  Fr, Sa
 04.09. - 02.10.2016  daily  daily  daily  daily  -
 03.10. - 30.10.2016  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  daily  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  Fr, Sa, Su, Ph  -
Pfeilchen_linie_international_tcl.png  Schwedenplatz  08:30  09:00  12:30  16:30  18:00
 Bratislava  09:45  10:15  13:45  17:45  19:15

Looks like they only do a 9am sailing from Vienna when we're there......a wee bit early perhaps????

Yep

We are flying into vienna on the monday afternoon arriving at 3.15pm if anyone is arriving at the same time and is getting the bus to bratislava gies a ;)shout.Our flight from vienna is 9.25pm on wednesday so it gives us time to travel up from bratislava.

12 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

We are flying into vienna on the monday afternoon arriving at 3.15pm if anyone is arriving at the same time and is getting the bus to bratislava gies a ;)shout.Our flight from vienna is 9.25pm on wednesday so it gives us time to travel up from bratislava.

Hightower we are thinking of doing a similar route. but not looked into transport from Vienna to game and back.  I presume, its easy enough to do.

I just havent got round to investigating routes etc yet...

any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Hightower we are thinking of doing a similar route. but not looked into transport from Vienna to game and back.  I presume, its easy enough to do.

Cheers

I wrote some Bratislava travel info for my blog a few months back

http://www.greengoulash.com/bratislava-travel-information/

10 hours ago, stocky said:

Cheers

Neither have i but the plan is to get the bus from the airport to bratislava so the only problem will be getting to the bus stop.I dont think that will be a problem though as it should be well signposted plus folk at the airport will help.Thanks for the info wubbs they are a great help so all i need to find out now is how far from bratislava bus station to my hotel ha ha.

13 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Thanks for the info wubbs they are a great help so all i need to find out now is how far from bratislava bus station to my hotel ha ha.

I also forgot to mention Uber, so I've now updated that.

At the moment 4 of us are doing the Sunday night stopover in Vienna but that number could rise to 10.

In the other thread wanderer mentioned a couple of cracking boozers ie the 1516 Brewing co and some Irish pub ( I know). I think we are going to get an apartment in the vicinity and see what Vienna has to offer. Bratislava is pretty compact so I think 2 nights there will be plenty.

Depending on times/availability on the Monday we'll consider the boat but there are plenty of other options.

47 minutes ago, slasher said:

At the moment 4 of us are doing the Sunday night stopover in Vienna but that number could rise to 10.

In the other thread wanderer mentioned a couple of cracking boozers ie the 1516 Brewing co and some Irish pub ( I know). I think we are going to get an apartment in the vicinity and see what Vienna has to offer. Bratislava is pretty compact so I think 2 nights there will be plenty.

Depending on times/availability on the Monday we'll consider the boat but there are plenty of other options.

Blackshorn Irish Pub.

1516 Brewing Co is REALLY good! :ok: