Rangers offer £1.5m for Adam Rooney! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers offer £1.5m for Adam Rooney!

Now that I have the attention of our pals from the North East, can any of you recommend me a good hotel in Aberdeen? Preferably close to the Centre. Special occasion so don't mind paying a bit more than usual. Been looking at The Chester. Anyone stayed there? 

Cheers :)

I knew it was a joke when I saw it was only 1.5 million....;)

I stayed at The Chester recently.....easily one of the best hotels I've stayed at anywhere in Scotland. Great staff, lovely rooms, great food and a pretty cool bar. 

On top of that, I left a 200 quid leather jacket in the wardrobe (I was a bit hungover), and they parcelled it up and sent it to Holland for zilch.

I'd go back again in an instant. 

OK, maybe not now that I know they'll let currants in.:ok:

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I knew it was a joke when I saw it was only 1.5 million....;)

I stayed at The Chester recently.....easily one of the best hotels I've stayed at anywhere in Scotland. Great staff, lovely rooms, great food and a pretty cool bar. 

On top of that, I left a 200 quid leather jacket in the wardrobe (I was a bit hungover), and they parcelled it up and sent it to Holland for zilch.

I'd go back again in an instant. 

OK, maybe not now that I know they'll let currants in.:ok:

Us offering that in the first place was surely the giveaway. 1.5m is generally our 6th bid....

Cheers for that Sir ;)

4 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Us offering that in the first place was surely the giveaway. 1.5m is generally our 6th bid....

Cheers for that Sir ;)

Nae bother.

Malmaison is almost next door. I've only been in there for a drink but it also looks good. I think The Chester has better rates though.

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Nae bother.

Malmaison is almost next door. I've only been in there for a drink but it also looks good. I think The Chester has better rates though.

Aye it defenitely looks like you get a better room for yer money at the The Chester . Restaurant looks cracking as well. 

The Caledonian Thistle on Union Terrace has recently been bought by and totally renovated by Mercure. It was looking a bit dated but after the renovations, it is looking great. Excellent rates and right in the City centre. Maybe not in the same league as those above but highly recommended (by me).

17 minutes ago, Graham of Montrose said:

The Caledonian Thistle on Union Terrace has recently been bought by and totally renovated by Mercure. It was looking a bit dated but after the renovations, it is looking great. Excellent rates and right in the City centre. Maybe not in the same league as those above but highly recommended (by me).

Funnily enough we were originally looking at Ardoe House (also a mercure) buts it's a bit furtherr out. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Now that I have the attention of our pals from the North East, can any of you recommend me a good hotel in Aberdeen? Preferably close to the Centre. Special occasion so don't mind paying a bit more than usual. Been looking at The Chester. Anyone stayed there? 

Cheers :)

??

Both good hotels. Both great restaurants. Heard a few folk say rooms in Chester are not so great for the price The bar in Chester isn't as good as Malmaison in my opinion. Dutch Mill, five mins down road, is a good bar at weekends.