Edinburgh Airport Hotels - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Edinburgh Airport Hotels

macy37

Toying with the idea of stopping over the night before our summer holiday and looking for ideas/opinions which I know this place is not short of.

We, wife and I and ten month old bairn, are catching a flight at 7.20am on a Thursday morning early August and usually we would have a journey of about1hr 10mins to airport so as you can see it would mean a bloody early start of likely 2.30/3am getting up time.

Now, last week I caught the exact flight on a lads weekend away and got up at 3.15am, picked boys up at 4.00am and once parked and bus caught we were in in perfect time at around 5.30am but with a bairn, luggage,pram to check in I reckon at least another half hour will be needed so would it make sense to stay up somewhere within a 20 minute drive and get up at say 4.45am to get to the check in for say 5.45am at latest. 

I have taken executive parking so we just park and walk 30 seconds to the terminal so saved time there but looking at hotels at airport they are bloody expensive!!

Any other ones suitable not too far away I wonder that folk could point out?

Anything to keep the wean as happy as possible.....hopefully!!:P

You could try the Novotel at Hermiston Gait retail park. It's right on the tram line so you could be in the city centre of Edinburgh in 15 minutes so you have options for the night before the flight. The airport is a 10 min drive away.

Even if you just hung around the hotel the retail park is literally outside the door and you have a KFC and Krispy Kreme directly opposite the hotel. The hotel has a pool too so stuff to keep the wee one amused ??

Edited by McTeeko

If it helps there are 2 Premier Inn`s close to the Airport

As McTeeko say`s there is the Novotel and right behind it at Edinburgh Park train station is a Premier Inn (tram or train into town the night before)

There is also a Premier inn at the Newbridge roundabout and both are a 10m drive to the Airport

You could try the Bathgate Farm Premier Inn - just off Junction 3A of the M8.

Alternatively, there is a Premier Inn and a Travelodge at West Beancross Farm area near Grangemouth.

All options are within 25min drive.

Pretty closet to the Novotel suggested earlier, there's an Ibis Budget - we stayed there before a similar timed flight in April.

We got a tram to it and then a taxi in the morning, but as you're driving, its about 10 minutes and a simple access onto the A8 for the airport.

Clean and functional rooms, so ideal for the night before stay.

2 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Travel Lodge Ratho Staion - but your problem is it will either be during or on the run up to The Festival - hotels will be extortionate

That's the one I use, can book it combined with parking too. Once got 1-nights stay and 7 days parking for £19.

Also had a shuttle to the terminal.

• 1 month later...