The SNP has got to do better than this - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The SNP has got to do better than this

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14499020.Nicola_Sturgeon_drawn_into_SNP_love_triangle/

Now, we're all victims to human weakness.....but FFS, what a shambles.

The deputy leader of the SNP, married to another senior member, and another senior SNP politician ?? What in God's name were they thinking ?

Just at a pivotal moment for the SNP and for Scotland, at a time when the Scottish government should be unveiling radical new plans to improve health, education and living standards in Scotland...this complete chaos comes along. Hosie especially has let down himself, the party and the voters.

With power, comes scrutiny and responsibility. The anti-SNP press...quite rightly...will have a field day with this.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rossy said:

With power, comes scrutiny and responsibility. The anti-SNP press...quite rightly...will have a field day with this.

Yer a day late Rossy. Front page on every paper yesterday.

I was talking to a mate recently who's an SNP member and wants Hosie as next leader. Never saw the appeal myself, and I'd say he's blown his chance now....

56 minutes ago, Rossy said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14499020.Nicola_Sturgeon_drawn_into_SNP_love_triangle/

Now, we're all victims to human weakness.....but FFS, what a shambles.

The deputy leader of the SNP, married to another senior member, and another senior SNP politician ?? What in God's name were they thinking ?

Just at a pivotal moment for the SNP and for Scotland, at a time when the Scottish government should be unveiling radical new plans to improve health, education and living standards in Scotland...this complete chaos comes along. Hosie especially has let down himself, the party and the voters.

With power, comes scrutiny and responsibility. The anti-SNP press...quite rightly...will have a field day with this.

Fully agree.

If we were still living in the 1950s then the SNP might have a problem

Cant see thousands of people being disgusted and refusing to vote for them again 

Seems The Daily Star is the rag thats emphasising it more than others

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yer a day late Rossy. Front page on every paper yesterday.

I was talking to a mate recently who's an SNP member and wants Hosie as next leader. Never saw the appeal myself, and I'd say he's blown his chance now....

I'm surprised Alan didn't start a thread on this yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If we were still living in the 1950s then the SNP might have a problem

From a moral stand-point, you're right of course. People don't care who's bonking who, they're just happy to read about it.

As an SNP member though, I'm finding this frustrating. I want to see headlines about policies and plans, not love-triangles or dodgy expenses.

Hard to believe that Hosie, as deputy leader, got caught up with some obvious slag. There's no fool like an old fool.

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

From a moral stand-point, you're right of course. People don't care who's bonking who, they're just happy to read about it.

As an SNP member though, I'm finding this frustrating. I want to see headlines about policies and plans, not love-triangles or dodgy expenses.

Hard to believe that Hosie, as deputy leader, got caught up with some obvious slag. There's no fool like an old fool.

Agreed

I should have added that it might hurt the individuals themselves a little when it comes to re-election in their constituencies

Id imagine Sturgeon will be raging

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Heard Richard Lochhead has fallen on his sword for personal reasons.

Apparently his wife is fighting cancer so that may be a genuine case of wanting to step back. 

Alex Neil has "resigned" as well. 

34 minutes ago, Rossy said:

YHYH.

18 minutes ago, jailender said:

Alex Neil gone

Probably for the best. His heart's in the right place but Sturgeon really needs someone stronger in that role, especially as its now likely to include some significantly increased responsibility.

I wonder if the Unionist parties will be as magnanimous as the SNP were over Gordon Matheson's peccadilloes ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wonder if the Unionist parties will be as magnanimous as the SNP were over Gordon Matheson's peccadilloes ?

The parties themselves tend to keep quiet about these things, as they all know that they're just one vodka martini away from the same thing happening to them.

The press however, are another thing.

I have tweeted Serena Cowdy to see if she is available ..

19 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I don't want to live in this country anymore :(

Thats how it is now even though you disagree

Independence or Tory Unionism

21 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thats how it is now even though you disagree

Independence or Tory Unionism

Sounds like Northern Ireland now. I've even got folk putting up flags in my estate. Union Flags and Saltires.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Heard Richard Lochhead has fallen on his sword for personal reasons.

Tbh i think it was coming anyway, he has lost the fishing industry all by himself hopefully his replacement will start to rebuild the bridges That were burned, he was a disaster for the industry ,, sorry to hear about his wife,,, 

Bad headlines and an absolute shambles from the individuals involved. 

I never liked the idea of Hosie as deputy to Sturgeon. He has a smugness about him that is horrible to watch. A very similar style that gained Salmond such a dislike from many, but Hosie doesn't have the intelligence of Salmond. He's a danger in such a senior position for me. I notice that one of the reports stated that he was earmarked as the one to be pushing the independence case/drive over the coming summer months. I would think that is far from wise to leave that in his hands. Also with his separated wife (Shona Robison) likely to be appointed to the position of Education minister - which is being given high profile and importance over this parliament then I'm not sure how well it bodes for the party as a whole. 

16 minutes ago, phart said:

Sounds like Northern Ireland now. I've even got folk putting up flags in my estate. Union Flags and Saltires.

Thats how the Unionist parties wanted it - it's their only hope

This is a nine day wonder.  Might damage Hosie's career, but the independence movement is bigger than one man and depending how all parties move on, it probably won't make any difference in the long run.  i always thought Hosie comes across pretty well, but like Joe McKee at Morton, he's not that outstanding and not irreplaceable...

who cares?

It's hardly Profumo.

It's not like they were spit roasting her on stage at the Armadillo.

"married men shouldnae be shagging"..."moral crisis"..."Scottish independence squashed forever"

consenting adults daeing what we're all genetically programmed to do.

awbdy cheats. It's great fun.