Match Programmes, still done? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Programmes, still done?

18 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Still get them at Annan & Carlisle Utd.

[insert swear] Annan.

They didn't have any where I was there.

I'm really good at buying them, but never reading them.

On my desk infront of my, I have programmes from 7 (seven) different teams that I don't support.

Edited by deecie
swear filter ruined context

EK do programmes.  I'd be astonished if Dundee Utd stopped doing programmes - money for old rope and they seem to need as much as they get at the moment.   I think someone is having a laugh at Utd's expense. 

Edited by adamntg

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

EK do programmes.  I'd be astonished if Dundee Utd stopped doing programmes - money for old rope and they seem to need as much as they get at the moment.   I think someone is having a laugh at Utd's expense. 

My pal a United fan (does some Arab Archive web-site) and it was someone who has a regular input to the programmes that told him. 2 of them ain't happy about it.

Huddersfield talked about scrapping them a while ago & experimented with a newspaper format during 2014-15 season. That was universally disliked so for the season just gone they did a much smaller version than most in our division but only charge £2 for it (£3 is par for the course). You can I think also buy a PDF version of it. To me that's what iTunes is to vinyl...but I'm just a grumpy old git.

In England you can generally get a programme of sorts at most games down to around 7th tier & probaby lower. I've bought them at places like Bridlington, Hyde, Droylesden this season, usually for about £2.

If they do die out I see a party at our house, as my need for increasing amounts of cupboard space to house 45-years' worth comes to an end.

15 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

That's assuming people buy them. Many go unsold.

Surely that's a case of printing the correct number then?  Think of the advertising revenue they can bring in - surely if East Kilbride can produce a programme and sell it at £2 then somebody with a home support of 6000+ should be able to do a run of big enough size to make it profitable?

I have been to games at level 10 that have had programmes of sorts usually more adverts than anything else.i never no why i buy them they usually end up covered in beer stains and screwed up.

ian

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, hoofitharder said:

I have been to games at level 10 that have had programmes of sorts usually more adverts than anything else.i never no why i buy them they usually end up covered in beer stains and screwed up.

ian

I played at Level 11 (Gloucestershire County and Somerset County) and we had programmes. I think most Ayrshire Junior teams still produce a programme