Brendan Rodgers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brendan Rodgers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to him failing to get CL football.

on side note what do the Celtic fans on here think of Charlie Nicholas? He always seems to be the go to guy on sky when Celtic are mentioned. IMO he hasn't got the first clue about Scottish fitba and he still thinks Celtic are as big as they were in the 70's

Hope Brendan's a miserable failure...he's certainly a miserable twat for starters

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I look forward to him failing to get CL football.

on side note what do the Celtic fans on here think of Charlie Nicholas? He always seems to be the go to guy on sky when Celtic are mentioned. IMO he hasn't got the first clue about Scottish fitba and he still thinks Celtic are as big as they were in the 70's

Steady on ....................this is a man who gave you sheep lots of happy moments in the late 80s and a certain final in 1990..

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Certainly appears to be speaking the right way on SSN. 

Time will tell.

Same thing when he got the Liverpool job, gave this very slick and promising interview which made you think ohhh maybe he will do well...

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Steady on ....................this is a man who gave you sheep lots of happy moments in the late 80s and a certain final in 1990..

So did mark McGhee and he a complete whanker

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So did mark McGhee and he a complete whanker

Pedant alert - Mark McGhee didn't give you any happy moments in the late 80s - he was long gone by then (Paul Mason was the man who did).

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your assertion though.

Edited by Barney Rubble

As soon as Rangers return, "The Stopgap" Deila has been replaced by someone who should actually know what he's doing and a lot of the cash reserves saved from not overspending on players that they don't need (and which has guaranteed no Champions League football in the interim) has now been spunked on his wages to 'ensure' that they stay on top. It's a huge compliment really. :)

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

As soon as Rangers return, "The Stopgap" Deila has been replaced by someone who should actually know what he's doing and a lot of the cash reserves saved from not overspending on players that they don't need (and which has guaranteed no Champions League football in the interim) has now been spunked on his wages to 'ensure' that they stay on top. It's a huge compliment really. :)

A Hun preaching on the merits of overspending to stay on top lol. Irony overload!

I'm pleased. I could have been Roy Keane or Malky MacKay so this is a really good appointment.

I don't think we are too far away from being a decent team. The defence needs work and we need another forward to take some pressure off Griffiths but we do have some good players at the club.

I'm looking forward to next season now :ok:

18 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I think Suarez made him look a better manager than he is. 

Suarez said Rodgers made him the player he is now. Undoubtedly he had one of the worlds best at his disposal but he got the best out of him sterling and Sturridge that season. It's a an exciting appointment and a good boost for the Scottish game imo that the spl can get someone of his calibre.

Of all the people that were mentioned he is the best candidate for sure. It does p!ss me off though that the board have basically just been sitting on their arse for four years hoping the huns come up as quickly as possible before we start spending some money again, it's beyond embarrassing. 

Despite a good appointment, Lawell and the rest of the board need to go and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

Of all the people that were mentioned he is the best candidate for sure. It does p!ss me off though that the board have basically just been sitting on their arse for four years hoping the huns come up as quickly as possible before we start spending some money again, it's beyond embarrassing. 

Despite a good appointment, Lawell and the rest of the board need to go and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

Understand what you're saying but if they'd spent heavily and still went out of Europe early they would have been accused of grossly overspending to win the Scottish League a bit like Rangers in division 3.