Time to lift the alcohol ban in stadiums? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time to lift the alcohol ban in stadiums?

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you can't last through a 90 minute football match without a drink then you really do have a problem. 

Watch Motherwell sober??? That's just crazy talk. A couple of double vodkas at half time would help immensely. 

32 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Watch Motherwell sober??? That's just crazy talk. A couple of double vodkas at half time would help immensely. 

The way our defence played yesterday I'm beginning to think a wee whiskey or 7 might be needed for next season. 

How does booze at other football leagues in Europe and around the world work out?

Here at J-League games you can buy alcohol inside the stadium from about an hour before kick off up until 80mins...Some stadiums also have burds walking about the stands selling cans! Bringing in your own carry out is cool too so I usually take 5 or 6 cans in with me. Despite all this it's still rare to see folk wrecked at games.

Agree with RenfrewBlue too...If ye canny last 90 mins at a football match without a drink then you probably do have a problem.

49 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Bringing in your own carry out is cool too so I usually take 5 or 6 cans in with me. 

49 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Agree with RenfrewBlue too...If ye canny last 90 mins at a football match without a drink then you probably do have a problem.

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:
1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

Bringing in your own carry out is cool too so I usually take 5 or 6 cans in with me. 

I only do it as that option is open to me...If they suddenly banned booze from the stadiums this week then I'd still go to games.

Edited by derekfaejapan

6 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

I only do it as that option is open to me...If they suddenly banned booze from the stadiums this week then I'd still go to games.

And everyone that wants to get a pint at the fitbaw still goes to the fitbaw currently. 

MLS games you can buy beer at your seat, which was pretty fortunate as it was dollar beer night and well i took full advantage, even ended up in a rickshaw on way back to the pub.... i didnt invade the pitch are assault anyone....mainly as i couldn't get out my seat... still remember the game 3-3 vs Chivas USA and had a great laugh with the fans....

american beer is pish though, except the microbrewery stuff...

On 23/05/2016 at 3:52 AM, sbcmfc said:

For the defenders?

:lol:

I think their quota appears to be a bottle each, judging by the final. Maybe we need to get Gazza back to put them through their paces! ?

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

Whit's wae thon Irish pish? :P

Slip of the old keyboard. Despite my in-laws being from Islay, the Whisky island, and my Dad being an alky with a preference for whisky I don't drink the stuff. Can't abide the taste at all.

That and it seems to make folk more aggressive. Can't be arsed with bolshy drunks, especially if one of them is me. ?

On 24/05/2016 at 10:40 AM, JasMc1973 said:

MLS games you can buy beer at your seat, which was pretty fortunate as it was dollar beer night and well i took full advantage, even ended up in a rickshaw on way back to the pub.... i didnt invade the pitch are assault anyone....mainly as i couldn't get out my seat... still remember the game 3-3 vs Chivas USA and had a great laugh with the fans....

american beer is pish though, except the microbrewery stuff...

I ended up smashed at the Whitecaps game I went to, 4-0 win too. Happy days