Alan Stubbs Auctioning His Medal. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Stubbs Auctioning His Medal.

Now I'll be the first to admit I enjoy a good laugh at the expense of both his team and his abilities as a manager but credit where it's due this is a tremendous gesture. Seems to me it deserves a thread of it's own.

Well done Alan Stubbs.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/alan-stubbs-i-ll-sell-my-scottish-cup-winners-medal-1-4134652

The humanity that courses through Alan Stubbs meant the Hibernian manager could provide a different perspective on a day when stirring success gave way to sorry scenes. Being the first man in his position to lead the club to the Scottish Cup in 114 years banked the 44-year-old a medal that he would be well within his rights to give pride of place to on his mantlepiece. But that badge his players earned him with bucketfuls of courage, character and quality, Stubbs believes can be put to better use.

“My medal will be getting donated and I will auction it off to the highest bidder and it will go to a good cause,” he revealed. “I got a letter off a lady who lost a baby in childbirth and she’s trying to raise money for machines so that will be one of them. I’ll maybe limit it to three charities and the money will be split between them.