Mark Warburton - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Hibs got beat off other shit like dumbarton a few times 

Rangers were actually about the only team in the 2nd division that Hibs could regularly outplay.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Rangers were actually about the only team in the 2nd division that Hibs could regularly outplay.

Leagues aren't won over 4 games. Plus the league form was 2-2. 

3 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Warbs away is a rumour...

all gone a bit stale you could say.

derby?

Bit of a shite place for a holiday....... though I suppose he is on nowhere near the same cash as McCoist was.

11 hours ago, Rossy said:

At Ibrox this season yes, but apart from the diddy cup where we had weakened team, we beat them each time at Easter Road. So in reality it was 3 wins each.

6 minutes ago, giblet said:

At Ibrox this season yes, but apart from the diddy cup where we had weakened team, we beat them each time at Easter Road. So in reality it was 3 wins each.

I don't think you read my post properly.... ;)

53 minutes ago, giblet said:

Since he's been at Rangers, off the top of my head he's been linked with about half a dozen or so clubs just about any time a job in the bottom half of the EPL or the Championship becomes or is about to become available.  It's lazy journalism.

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Haha, why would I read anything right through when I can just try and argue on the TAMB?

Valid point, I've been doing that for 15 years on here... :ok:

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

So where is he then? Has he gone off on holiday without a mention of the game at the weekend? Not even around for Barton signing, must be overseas.

Prior to the final he had been out in the States trying to sort out a couple of signings (Krancjar being one of them) and there was talk that he would be going back out.  He could possibly be out there finalising these deals.  Although in the case of Krancjar I hope that one falls through!

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

So where is he then? Has he gone off on holiday without a mention of the game at the weekend? Not even around for Barton signing, must be overseas.

Rangers Twitter announced he's on holiday as of today as per his schedule.

I'm kind of hoping the Warburton rumours are rubbish and that he isn't leaving Rangers.  Couple of decent profiles needed in our game and can only help attract more.  (I still hope Rangers are totally sh1t next season mind).  Over to Aberdeen, Hearts and the rest of the league to try and at least raise an eyebrows with a signing or two.  Dons have started the "Granite Club" (nae cheap admittedly), but purely an attempt to attract additional finance so as to compete with the ugly sisters.  McInnes willing to totally commit to long term if enough cash raised.

Apologies for mentioning Aberdeen, although thought it was relevant to my point. 

Guest BlueGaz
20 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Prior to the final he had been out in the States trying to sort out a couple of signings (Krancjar being one of them) and there was talk that he would be going back out.  He could possibly be out there finalising these deals.  Although in the case of Krancjar I hope that one falls through!

I think he is best away from Scotland at the moment anyway.  Don't get involved, get on with his work or holiday, or probably both.  Nothing pleasant to deal with here.

I was going to ask about Krancjar, don't know much about him.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I think he is best away from Scotland at the moment anyway.  Don't get involved, get on with his work or holiday, or probably both.  Nothing pleasant to deal with here.

I was going to ask about Krancjar, don't know much about him.

At his best he was a player who, IMO, could've graced almost any team in Europe. Unfortunately he was only at his best very occasionally and his inconsistency meant he never got higher than an average Spurs side. 

Not seen him play in years but not sure that games at New York Cosmos will have him in the best shape. Would be an interesting signing but one i'd think would be more likely be an expensive mistake than a great signing. 

On 22/05/2016 at 11:05 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

It works against Dumbarton and other shite like that 

Leave the sons of the rock out of this.

Calling us shite is extreme, for the past four or five seasons we have been the best part time team by a country mile.

I do fully expect warburton/rangers will have a succsesful season, with or without hats and wands. I'm sure he will have the better of most teams/managers in the top tier, celtic aside.

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

At his best he was a player who, IMO, could've graced almost any team in Europe. Unfortunately he was only at his best very occasionally and his inconsistency meant he never got higher than an average Spurs side. 

Not seen him play in years but not sure that games at New York Cosmos will have him in the best shape. Would be an interesting signing but one i'd think would be more likely be an expensive mistake than a great signing. 

To be fair, thats the gist of what I read last night.  I suppose my first thought, if he does come is to trust the management.  Their track record so far is good, so they must see something. Would assume they have had him watched for a while now.  But it did surprise me when I saw it mentioned as a potential signing.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Rangers Twitter announced he's on holiday as of today as per his schedule.

Fair enough but highly unusual for any manager not to talk about a cup final performance. Think he would be spot on steering clear of commenting on the aftermath, but surely the fans would expect something re the final performance? Unusual.

15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Fair enough but highly unusual for any manager not to talk about a cup final performance. Think he would be spot on steering clear of commenting on the aftermath, but surely the fans would expect something re the final performance? Unusual.

It would be impossible for him to comment on the game without being asked about the aftermath (look at the ridiculous questions Barton was asked yesterday) so he's maybe thought it best to steer clear completely.  Given some of the statements that came out of Ibrox at the weekend it wouldn't surprise me if the board specifically asked him not to so he wouldn't be drawn in to commenting.

24 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I am sure given time, he will answer questions.  As Fairbairn said - the interview would be hijacked.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It would be impossible for him to comment on the game without being asked about the aftermath (look at the ridiculous questions Barton was asked yesterday) so he's maybe thought it best to steer clear completely.  Given some of the statements that came out of Ibrox at the weekend it wouldn't surprise me if the board specifically asked him not to so he wouldn't be drawn in to commenting.

Maybe. And maybe  a wise move by him.

38 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He could've easily spoken to Rangers TV about the match and there would've been no chance of him being asked anything about the aftermath. 

The scenes after the final whistle have meant a complete absence of any mention of Warburton and his tactics on Saturday being out thought on Saturday. 

Edited by Parklife