League Standings 2016/2017 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

With the likely rise and demise of certain clubs in the top tier, what's the thoughts on the table, cup winners plus promoted teams?

Premiership: 

1.Celtic Also Scottish cup winners.

2.Hearts

3.Rangers Also League cup winners.

4.St Johnstone

5.Aberdeen

6.Inverness

7.Ross County

8.Dundee

9.Hamilton

10.Partick

11.Motherwell R

12.Kilmarnock R

Championship:

1.Hibs

2.Raith

21 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

With the likely rise and demise of certain clubs in the top tier, what's the thoughts on the table, cup winners plus promoted teams?

Premiership: 

2.Hearts

4.St Johnstone

5.Aberdeen

6.Inverness

7.Ross County

8.Dundee

9.Hamilton

10.Partick

11.Motherwell R

12.Kilmarnock R

Championship:

1.Hibs

2.Raith

I'll bet any amount of money you choose that Aberdeen finish above Saint Johnstone. 

Premiership: 

2. Aberdeen

3. Hearts League cup winners

4.Rangers

5.Kilmarnock

6.Motherwell

7.Dundee

8.St Johnstone

9 Partick Thistle

10.Ross County

11.Inverness R

12.Hamilton R

1 Hibs P

2 Dundee Utd P

13 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Scottish cup - Stenhousemuir.

If Hibs can win it, anybody can..... :lol:

At least the police & stewards would be able to deal with the ensuing pitch invasion :lol:

1.Celtic

2.Rangers

3.Aberdeen

4.Hearts

5.Dundee

6.Motherwell

7.St Johnstone

8.Partick

9.Ross C

10.Hamilton

11.Kilmarnock R

12.Inverness R

Champ

1.Hibs P

2.Dundee U P

1 hour ago, silverbear said:

At least the police & stewards would be able to deal with the ensuing pitch invasion :lol:

1.Celtic

2.Rangers

3.Aberdeen

4.Hearts

I think that is how the top four will shape up. Below that, really no idea, so many players will come in between now and the start of the season. The reality is that many of our clubs bring in more than half a team each year and it is all but impossible to know how it will pan out. 

I think Hibs will win the Championship comfortably enough, with Dundee Utd and Falkirk fighting it out for second spot. It isn't as strong a league as some make out, most of the teams are fairly poor. That said I hope Raith have a good go at it. 

Edit. Sorry, should have included St Johnstone in the mix. They'll be in the top 5, particularly if they hang on to Wright. Best run club in Scotland.

Edited by Pool Q

4 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Premiership: 

2.Hearts

4.St Johnstone

5.Aberdeen

6.Inverness

7.Ross County

8.Dundee

9.Hamilton

10.Partick

11.Motherwell R

12.Kilmarnock R

Championship:

1.Hibs

2.Raith

Raith to finish 2nd? You're having a ####in laugh. We have gary locke and darren jackson as oor management team, be lucky to finish 2nd bottom.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think we may have a decent season this season.

I like the fact that LC has punted all of the sh1te AJ and Locke signed.

Yep badly needed, hopefully brings in a few decent players

1 hour ago, daddybuc16 said:

Raith to finish 2nd? You're having a ####in laugh. We have gary locke and darren jackson as oor management team, be lucky to finish 2nd bottom.

Why did anyone give Locke another job, he's brutal

2 hours ago, daddybuc16 said:

Technically I never said they would be second? Id be very surprised if they didn't Finnish 2-4. I expect utd to be in the mix for it too but ultimately will struggle to come straight back up. Hibs hearts rangers (all be it from the third division) St mirren have all failed to come up at the first bash recently. 

Interesting to see how many fancy Hamilton for the drop and ICT to have a poor season too.

2 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Technically I never said they would be second? Id be very surprised if they didn't Finnish 2-4. I expect utd to be in the mix for it too but ultimately will struggle to come straight back up. Hibs hearts rangers (all be it from the third division) St mirren have all failed to come up at the first bash recently. 

Interesting to see how many fancy Hamilton for the drop and ICT to have a poor season too.

Hearts came straight back up. Hibs only didn't come straight back because of Hearts and Rangers.  

St Mirren are back in their normal habitat. In general, United finish above Hibs in the league. It won't be easy next year but we have to be aiming to win it, whole new squad or not. 

1. Celtic (+ Scottish Cup)

2. Aberdeen

3. Motherwell 

4. Hearts

5. Rangers (+ League Cup)

6. St Johnstone

7. Dundee

8. Killie

9. Ross County

10. Inverness

11. Partick (R)

12. Hamilton (R)

-------------

1. Hibs 

P. Falkirk 

1-2 Aberdeen & Celtic,potential to be the other way round. 

3-12 don't know

Scottish Cup-Aberdeen

League Cup-Aberdeen

Europa league-Aberdeen

Energy Cities Challenge Cup-Gifted to Viking Stavanger as we're too busy conquering the world

Aberdeenshire Cup-Cove Huns 

SPFL Playoff thing-Cove Huns

Glasgow Cup-Rangers u20's

Dundee Cup-Dundee

Perth Cup-Dunno

Ayrshire Cup-Ayr

Petrofac Cup-Ok then,Dundee Utd

Did I miss anything?

47 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

We won't be anywhere near that if lockes track record is anything to go by. Someone said to me is the best we can hope for is he has a point to prove and has learnt from his mistakes. 

Hamilton did have a dodgy patch last year, god knows what killie will do next year and at inverness it depends who comes in. Partick and ross county seem to do well enough to not be involved in a full season relegation battle. On saying that, they will probably be the 2 teams that go down next year :lol: 

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Hearts came straight back up. Hibs only didn't come straight back because of Hearts and Rangers.  

St Mirren are back in their normal habitat. In general, United finish above Hibs in the league. It won't be easy next year but we have to be aiming to win it, whole new squad or not. 

I know we are all guessing here, but this post strikes me are the very definition of delusional. Avoiding a second relegation should be seen as a success for Utd next year.

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I know we are all guessing here, but this post strikes me are the very definition of delusional. Avoiding a second relegation should be seen as a success for Utd next year.

I was 45 before I saw Partick Thistle win a match against Dundee Utd. Enjoy it while it lasts.