"Big Jim" Home - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Big Jim" Home

MiD

It is great sadness that I report that "Big Jim" Home has died. Originally from Airdrie and latterly living in Bellshill and previously in Reading  where he had been a member of Loony Alba. He was a 6' 7" man monster who had presence and power but a totally playful nature, he made an impression upon all he met.

I feel the world is already a sadder place and I miss him.

Very very sad indeed. Had a good few bevvies with Big Jim and Pete on our early trips. As the OP said a giant of a man but quiet as a mouse. Haven't seen Jim in years and the last time I saw Pete I think was in The Parc Des Princes when Faddy scored. 

A magic big fella. RIP big man.

On 5/25/2016 at 5:32 PM, MiD said:

It is great sadness that I report that "Big Jim" Home has died. Originally from Airdrie and latterly living in Bellshill and previously in Reading  where he had been a member of Loony Alba. He was a 6' 7" man monster who had presence and power but a totally playful nature, he made an impression upon all he met.

I feel the world is already a sadder place and I miss him.

Really sorry to hear this - a giant of a man, you never forgot meeting him, and a nice guy. A true footsoldier in every sense of the word. 

Thoughts with his nearest and dearest - I know you were good pals with him Pete, and I hope all can take great memories of him. 

RIP

That's really sad news and a big shock

Hadn't seen Jim for years - Last time was in Bristol Airport after the Wales game in 2004 IIRC -- But used to see him at Airdrie games as well as Scotland games from time to time.

EDIT - tell a lie, I had a beer with him in The Auctioneers before Italy game in 2007 and he was in fine form as always :-)

As others have said, a Gentleman, a Gentle giant and a great bloke to have a beer with...

RIP Big Man - Shine on you crazy Diamond 

Edited by Robbo `81