Small Claims Court - Anyone Raised an Action? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Small Claims Court - Anyone Raised an Action?

I need to raise an action against a household.  Having gone to the land registry I see from the title deeds that the property is jointly owned by an unmarried couple.  The claim form doesn't appear to allow for putting more than one name on it and I'm worried that the court might be over-fussy and throw it out for being filled in incorrectly if I put both in.

Supposing I submit it with both names, what's the story for when the claim is upheld (as it 100% will be), i.e. do they both get a judgment against their names or what?  Does the court apportion the sum due equally to them?  To complicate things a bit I don't think they live together any more!  All a bit messy and unfortunate but has to be done.

Meant to add - can you claim all the fees - court, sheriff officers - at the same time or would they get awarded later?

Edited by daviebee
forgot something