Team VS Italy - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team VS Italy

Fraser19

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching us pass it around the back terrifies me. Retained the ball well at times however have created next to nothing! Fantastic double save from Marshall however, we are truly spoilt with our selection of keepers! 

At the beginning of the match it was all embarassing strip jokes from my italian inlaws. At the end of the first half it's more amazement about how any team can't even get a shot on goal against one of their crapiest teams ever. 

13 minutes ago, MikeyGC said:

Watching us pass it around the back terrifies me. Retained the ball well at times however have created next to nothing! Fantastic double save from Marshall however, we are truly spoilt with our selection of keepers! 

We need them! 

Aye, we've got a good batch at the moment but going by his performance this afternoon, if Jordan Archer is the future of Scottish goalkeeping then it isn't a bright one. 

14 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

In all honesty that was like the 4-6-0 game all over again - albeit with a striker

Aye, sounds like one way traffic. 

At least Italy are a good team, unlike the average Czech side we faced that night. 

4 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

No disputing that. But that first half was  akin to the type of performance San Marino / Andorra...

In our minds we'll always be far far better than that but in the minds of the rest of the world we're not so far. The cheap barras looking strips don't help that image.

This isn't a strong Italian team.

I think we can have no complaints about not qualifying.

Watching us tonight is what I imagine it is for a Liechtenstein, San Marino fan - just we are professional players.

No idea what we gain from playing these games, we certainly don't learn anything, or if we learn anything, it's that we are not very good and can't compete against top and second seeded teams. We really should have played the likes of Albania, Hungary, Iceland or Armenia - at least we might have gave them a game.

Guest faircity

Ive no idea what scotland are all about, we are turning into a very unwatchable team. Playing a counter attacking game without actually trying to counter. Seem happy to let the opposition make all the play and just see how things end up.

I've just switched on - wasn't inspired by the formation. Looked to be 4-6-0, with McCormack as an "attacking" midfielder.

From what I've seen, it feels like a training match for Italy. I'm a bit concerned about playing England in the qualifiers at the moment, tbh...

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

I've just switched on - wasn't inspired by the formation. Looked to be 4-6-0, with McCormack as an "attacking" midfielder.

From what I've seen, it feels like a training match for Italy. I'm a bit concerned about playing England in the qualifiers at the moment, tbh...

I'm  a bit concerned about playing Malta.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

It's quite an important match for a lot of the italian players because it's the last match to get themselves through to judges houses. Those players are taking it seriously.

To be fair to Italy they have been playing at a high tempo since the start and closing us down high up the park

5 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Yes, that is a worry.

Roy could equal his only game as boss of the England U21s.

It's my 33rd birthday and not looking forward to it at all that night.