Team VS Italy - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team VS Italy

Fraser19

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Steven Fletcher's hair is one of the few positives that can be taken from the match.

Is it though? A bit like us, we look the biz on paper and in our kit, but once a bit of wind or rain comes in or he turns around you see the thin, gaping parts exposed to the world.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Is it though? A bit like us, we look the biz on paper and in our kit, but once a bit of wind or rain comes in or he turns around you see the thin, gaping parts exposed to the world.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

I didn't necessarily expect to beat Italy but I did expect to feel at one point during the match that we might have a shot or two at goal. 

Yep same. Such a poor poor performance, barley created a thing. Looked lost the whole time. I always try to be positive but really not seeing any at all. Was gutted that id be missing most trips this year due to other commitments but could be a blessing in disguise. 

Just now, Hertsscot said:

I think realistically we would have seen that as possibly being okay, I've only listened to it on the radio but its the manner of the defeat which is disappointing.

Aye. From what I saw, it didn't look like we were attempting to get forward often - appeared to be damaged limitation. Having one shot, IIRC, is very poor. I had a quick look at Italy in the qualifiers - they only beat Malta 1-0 at home, but Malta had four shots. That shows how poor were today, IMO.

Inability to control and pass the ball. Every single player looked scared in possession and just wanted to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Italy never got out of first gear and could easily have scored 6 if they were even hal bothered.

Dire, dire stuff. It could be really embarassing against France if they decide to take next week's game seriously.

Edited by tartandon

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

I like him but I believe strachan won't get us to the World Cup. 

With the players we have, I don't think any manager could get us ahead of England and Slovakia. We don't have one single player that other counties would want. 

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

With the players we have, I don't think any manager could get us ahead of England and Slovakia. We don't have one single player that other counties would want. 

It's cliched, I know, but either do Hungary, Albania, or Northern Ireland.

We don't have the balls either.

We can qualify for tournaments, although possibly the Euros will be our limit, but I agree that England and Slovakia should be strong candidates for the top two places. We're quite fortunate we drew Slovenia - hit or miss, Lithuania - just a terrible football nation, and Malta - although it'll be too hot for us nae doubt, but still, for a populace they have compared to Liechties, Faroes, Iceland, massive underachievers.

7 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

It's cliched, I know, but either do Hungary, Albania, or Northern Ireland.

We don't have the balls either.

We can qualify for tournaments, although possibly the Euros will be our limit, but I agree that England and Slovakia should be strong candidates for the top two places. We're quite fortunate we drew Slovenia - hit or miss, Lithuania - just a terrible football nation, and Malta - although it'll be too hot for us nae doubt, but still, for a populace they have compared to Liechties, Faroes, Iceland, massive underachievers.

I get your point regarding those other nations but we have come up against them. 

It would take something special for us to reach a WC. EC is doable but we'd need a decent draw. 

I can't see us finishing better than 3rd next time. I just can't see us keeping enough clean sheets and/or scoring enough goals.

The only hope is someone like Gauld really stepping up a level but I can't see it. 

Pretty grim.

We looked pancked in possession, fair enough that Italy are a strong team but no reason for us to shite it while on the ball.

We won free kicks in their half at tthe start of each half and had litteraly no idea what to do from that position.

Might we get a shot on target against France?

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Mccormak missing his own stagg do, fair play to the guy.

If his mates had planned to dress him in pink and get him to charge aimlessly around somewhere in the Mediterranean, then that box has been ticked....

3 hours ago, Marky said:

I didn't necessarily expect to beat Italy but I did expect to feel at one point during the match that we might have a shot or two at goal. 

LA i believe but still its a good point ?