Champions League Final - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Final

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Redz said:

That'll be more down to us than them I should think!!! :lol:

"After the game legendary Real coach Alfredo Di Stéfano conceded the better team had won and commented; "Aberdeen have what money can't buy; a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition and a Greggs"  or something like that ...it was a couple of seasons ago

58 minutes ago, wee Erchie said:

"After the game legendary Real coach Alfredo Di Stéfano conceded the better team had won and commented; "Aberdeen have what money can't buy; a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition and a Greggs"  or something like that ...it was a couple of seasons ago

Lol

6 hours ago, wee Erchie said:

For sure :lol::lol::lol:

First of our 2 stars as well.

No other club in Scotland has enjoyed the success we've had in Europe.

It's likely they never will either.

Stand Free!

7 hours ago, Mox said:

Thought the best team lost in the end. Real are a pretty poor team and have had a fairly easy route to the fina and got lucky last night, no doubt about it.

Agreed

On 28/05/2016 at 7:56 PM, Rossy said:

Delayed because of some fuqking bawbags singing, and the centre circle isnae even a circle.

Fuqk off UEFA.

Was probably the highlight of the entire game unfortunately. A terrible showcase for the supposed pinnacle of the sport...

19 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

That Pepe what was that all about cheating no wonder clattenburgh was shaking his head rolling about about if some had shot him in the eye should have been sent off for that nonsense 

Is there a bigger chunt in European football?

On 29/05/2016 at 7:11 PM, Redz said:

For sure :lol::lol::lol:

First of our 2 stars as well.

No other club in Scotland has enjoyed the success we've had in Europe.

It's likely they never will either.

Stand Free!

1983 ..seems like a lifetime away. It's funny the daft things I remember from the day . Flying from Dyce and as soon as the the plane started moving every passenger stamping their feet and singing "here we go here we go here we go" I thought we were going to be grounded , we stayed in a wee town just outside Gothenburg and pre match our bus  was like Aladdins cave as everyone had bought presents for mums ,wives and girlfriends in order to justify being there and deposited them before heading back to pub.The Swedes were supporting us and I gave one a scarf early in first half  .10 minutes before Hewitt scored the winner I headed down to front in  the pishin rain half the length of pitch away   to urge them on ... ...Then whilst going mental with my dad at the final whistle the Swede appeared to give me my scarf back " nah yer aright min" :-)

Weirdist of all was that I knew we would win ,not a hunch, not a feeling not even the slightest doubt I knew ! I have never been so sure in my life of anything before or since.

Nowadays at Pittodrie or Hampden if we go a goal ahead I'm like "oh Shit" :o as I fumble nervously  with a werthers original changed days indeed !

22 minutes ago, wee Erchie said:

1983 ..seems like a lifetime away. It's funny the daft things I remember from the day . Flying from Dyce and as soon as the the plane started moving every passenger stamping their feet and singing "here we go here we go here we go" I thought we were going to be grounded , we stayed in a wee town just outside Gothenburg and pre match our bus  was like Aladdins cave as everyone had bought presents for mums ,wives and girlfriends in order to justify being there and deposited them before heading back to pub.The Swedes were supporting us and I gave one a scarf early in first half  .10 minutes before Hewitt scored the winner I headed down to front in  the pishin rain half the length of pitch away   to urge them on ... ...Then whilst going mental with my dad at the final whistle the Swede appeared to give me my scarf back " nah yer aright min" :-)

Weirdist of all was that I knew we would win ,not a hunch, not a feeling not even the slightest doubt I knew ! I have never been so sure in my life of anything before or since.

Nowadays at Pittodrie or Hampden if we go a goal ahead I'm like "oh Shit" :o as I fumble nervously  with a werthers original changed days indeed !

The TAMB needs a 'like' button!

I was in Jacksonville, Florida, working in May 83. :(

Made it to Gothenburg later that year, and have a framed poster (that was advertising the game) they had hanging in the Ullevi mounted proudly on my 'man cave' wall. 

28 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

The Harris Tweeds were brilliant with us, and I'll never forget that (despite John Leslie's attempts in Göteburg many years later).

"Stand up if you have shagged Catherine Zeta Jones "  :guitar: