Coffee Machine - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moving on from my Tassimo, capsule machine, I'm looking to buy a  'beans to cup' coffee machine. 

Can anyone provide a recommendation for a good machine, ideally with a link to the item.

Thanks in advance

Edited by McExpat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, McExpat said:

I take it you also ain't a fan of the widget, draft and craft beer etc, they be for wanks too!?

What a bizarre analogy.

What the fck is a "craft beer" anyway.

17 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

I only use my aero press now makes a great cup of coffee from ground coffee 

The Aeropress is great. got one and use it regularly. I've also got a gaggia classic and an iberital MC2 grinder which is by all accounts the best combination for reasonable espresso without spending silly money (although even this will set you back a few hundred). Been using it twice a day for the last 5 years or so though so its been well worth it. A bit more of a faff than straight bean to cup but if you know what you are doing then it probably makes a better drink. I realise neither of these are bean to cup solutions but i've no idea on that side of things.

7 hours ago, neil r said:

Coffee, milk, kettle, water and cup.

Thats it.

Coffee machines are for wanks.

Neil you've always been my favourite on here.

Looking up some of terms supplied in this thread. Folk are paying top dolla for "the finest coffee beans hidden in a capsule" , 95% plastic and 5% coffee. The machine is actually just a kettle as well. Amazing what you can get folk to buy if you put enough glitter around it. Big windows in these nespresso shops one assumes.

" Elevate your Grands Crus coffee experience to a new level, with our crystal-glass tasting glasses. Building on a similar approach to oenology "

Edited by phart

7 minutes ago, phart said:

Neil you've always been my favourite on here.

Looking up some of terms supplied in this thread. Folk are paying top dolla for "the finest coffee beans hidden in a capsule" , 95% plastic and 5% coffee. The machine is actually just a kettle as well. Amazing what you can get folk to buy if you put enough glitter around it. Big windows in these nespresso shops one assumes.

" Elevate your Grands Crus coffee experience to a new level, with our crystal-glass tasting glasses. Building on a similar approach to oenology "

more of a builders tea man?

1 hour ago, J o h n said:

The Aeropress is great. got one and use it regularly. I've also got a gaggia classic and an iberital MC2 grinder which is by all accounts the best combination for reasonable espresso without spending silly money (although even this will set you back a few hundred). Been using it twice a day for the last 5 years or so though so its been well worth it. A bit more of a faff than straight bean to cup but if you know what you are doing then it probably makes a better drink. I realise neither of these are bean to cup solutions but i've no idea on that side of things.

Gaggia Classic Espresso and Kitchenaid grinder for me. There is a Tassimo in the house but there is nothing to compare to making your own espresso fresh from grinding the beans yourself.