Virgin East Coast Tickets - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Virgin East Coast Tickets

ScotsRik

Train ticket sale now open for the day of the game if it is any good to anyone - I think they opened yesterday.

Can make a big difference getting in fairly early - return tickets won't be available for a while as the six months only applies to weekday travel.

Not any more - they are open six months ahead now.....the weekends are still 12 weeks'ish. If that's what you mean, then excuse me!!

That is if the journey is London and North of York. So the Friday one is open and the Saturday one isn't (on Virgin anyway).....although you can get full fare tickets as mentioned by Langtonian. Early birds can get Edi-Lon return for £50 minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mcstu said:

Where did you get these prices mate I can only find cheep ones up to August 

somebody contacted Virgin Trains months n months ago about a block booking,they came back with a choice of train times & a price.

My job was to stick it on my credit card

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4 July 2016 at 10:32 PM, flumax said:

Posh seats from Aberdeen 0752. Looking forward to a g&t from lunch time. 

I am also booked first class on the 0752 - tried to get the earlier one but no seats left.  Only 7 hours to London which is pretty good and probably similar to a flight once you add travel to airport waiting taxiing, travel into London etc. 

8 minutes ago, caledonian1 said:

I am also booked first class on the 0752 - tried to get the earlier one but no seats left.  Only 7 hours to London which is pretty good and probably similar to a flight once you add travel to airport waiting taxiing, travel into London etc. 

Maybe if you're flying from New York.

2 minutes ago, deecie said:

Maybe if you're flying from New York.

Not a lot in it really. 8am flight probably leave the house at back of 6am. Land in London at 9:30 and possibly make  central London by 11am assuming no delays. So quite likely 5 hours at least. Would find 7 hours in first class a far less stressful journey