Europa League 2016-17 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 2016-17

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point someone in the SFA, or the club's themselves, must think this has gone far enough.  If we don't make a proper, well funded effort to sort ourselves then, well, we're gonna be complete shite forever. 

Luxembourg was bad enough - but Gibraltar?  With Celtic's budget?  WTF?

Just now, AberdeenAngus said:

Would that be the worst single result in Europe ever for a Scottish club?

Asking for a friend? 

Sutton blamed it on 'not investing over the summer'. 

Against 11 40 year fat guys who handle baggage at the airport ? :lol:

On 9 July 2016 at 9:17 AM, adamntg said:

We can take United out of this question altogether - we're playing in the same competition as Dundee under 20s and Total Network Solutions this season.  Although I would say that only MyPa on away goals was a tie we should've expected to win.  Dynamo Moscow, AEK Athens, Trabzpnspor etc  

I think an argument could be made that losing a game (whether they scraped the tie or not) to a mid-table team from Luxembourg is a contender for the worst single result for a Scottish team in Europe.  I would consider it against Hibs losing 7-0 to Malmo, Aberdeen being annihilated v Sigma Olomouc and that Motherwell game I mentioned.  I would have included Falkirk getting beat by Vaduz, but they play in the Swiss league so probably excuses that a little. 

I'm sure it's just early season rust and Aberdeen will improve in the next round, but for a Utd supporter, after all we've been through, just allow me a chuckle.  For the record, I hope Aberdeen do well in Europe, would be good to see them in the group stages again. 

I think each of those instances have been surpassed tonight

On 7/10/2016 at 3:48 PM, Mox said:

McInnes will be the first managerial casualty this season round about late September.  He's done a bang average job with a team that has the best attacking foursome in the country. 

:lol::lol::rollsmile::wave:

Well, we've had two of the worst ever results in the last week, that's incontrovertible.

Motherwell losing to Flamurtari Vlora in 2009 was up there too.

We're now at a different sea level from when getting beaten by MyPai in the mid 90s was considered to be shameful.

Edited by Barney Rubble