Europa League 2016-17 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 2016-17

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Krasnador gave Well a real pumping a couple of years back did they no?

3-0 on aggregate.

Fair bit of money behind them. IIRC Djibril Cisse was on the bench when they played Motherwell.

The Motherwell fans that went out seemed to think it was quite a nice, welcoming place, which goes against the stereotype of Russia/Russians.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Think the draw has been about as kind as it could be to Aberdeen, as there was a lot of teams I wanted to avoid, but not many I would say were better than what we got..... certainly on paper no worse than we have had in this round in previous years (plus no trip almost a 1/3 of the way around the World for us).

Not a great chance of play off round, but certainly the best chance out of all the Scottish teams in Europa League.

Yes, think by this round you're looking for a winnable tie or a big name glamour tie.

Aberdeen probably got about as winnable game as they could from the short list.

Krasnodar is an awful draw, far flung, strong team, and hardly a glamour tie.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yes, think by this round you're looking for a winnable tie or a big name glamour tie.

Aberdeen probably got about as winnable game as they could from the short list.

Krasnodar is an awful draw, far flung, strong team, and hardly a glamour tie.

Yeah, the Estonian team was the one I had my eye on, but they had to get past a team from Israel first, so this is probably the best all round from the options.

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

3-0 on aggregate.

Fair bit of money behind them. IIRC Djibril Cisse was on the bench when they played Motherwell.

The Motherwell fans that went out seemed to think it was quite a nice, welcoming place, which goes against the stereotype of Russia/Russians.

Was it not Kuban Krasnodar that you played (now in the Russian equivalent of the Championship), not to be confused with FC Krasnodar that Hearts may play.

I think....

23 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Was it not Kuban Krasnodar that you played (now in the Russian equivalent of the Championship), not to be confused with FC Krasnodar that Hearts may play.

I think....

It was Kuban Krasnodar that Motherwell played.

Didnt realise they'd been relegated.

:lol:

Dan Petrescu is the manager of Kuban Krasnodar

Edited by sbcmfc

6 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Yeah.

and as I understand, it's FC Krasnodar that Hearts may play. (I think - still not 100% sure)

Yes, they (FC Krasnodar) finished 4th last season and Kuban were were relegated, so must be.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If Celtic get past the Imps and then the next round is that them in the Champs League or is there another one after that?

Another round to go after. 

Currently the 2nd round...then the 3rd...then the playoff round

By all accounts Hearts should have won last night, but they aren't through yet. Looks like a tough draw in the next round anyway, although it is a different team from the one that played Motherwell, and in any case Motherwell's adventures in Europe don't give much of an indication of a potential opponent. Aberdeen's draw could certainly have been worse. And speaking to a couple of Brondy fans in Edinburgh last night, they felt Hibs were unlucky, and (while they were confident) they felt Hibs might yet push them in the return leg. Would be nice if at least one Scottish team could progress through this round and the next.

Edited by Pool Q

On 14/07/2016 at 8:21 PM, giblet said:

Shocking decision to disallow a Cummings goal.  He came from behind the player passing.  One of the worst decisions I have seen.

Just seen this. Dunno if you have only seen it in real time mate but Cummings defenitely looks like he is ahead of the boy crossing it. 

Camera angle is inconclusive but looks very tight. No surprise that dafty was sent to the stand over it right enough. Just cant seem to control himself. 

5 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Just seen this. Dunno if you have only seen it in real time mate but Cummings defenitely looks like he is ahead of the boy crossing it. 

Camera angle is inconclusive but looks very tight. No surprise that dafty was sent to the stand over it right enough. Just cant seem to control himself. 

Where about is the clip?

On 7/16/2016 at 4:30 PM, Angus_Young said:

Lad at work showed me it mate. It was a clip from sky sports news so maybe try YT 

here is the still from the clip, I think you are talking about.  Maybe a wee bit closer than I thought :P , but still onside.  Ref was almost as useless as our goalie.  No wonder Stubbs didnt risk him in the semi final.

9kwk80.jpg

Aye thats the one. If you watch the clip Cummings looks like he is just ahead right up until the point where the ball is crossed in. 

No excuse of course, if you are level yer level, but in that split second it maybe explains why the AR has got it wrong.  It looks to me like it's the wrong call but it really is a tight one. In fairness I think a few Hibbies are bemoaning his overall performance rather than that one incident.  

14 hours ago, giblet said:

here is the still from the clip, I think you are talking about.  Maybe a wee bit closer than I thought :P , but still onside.  Ref was almost as useless as our goalie.  No wonder Stubbs didnt risk him in the semi final.

9kwk80.jpg

"We're not going to stand here and blame the referee but we are"

19 minutes ago, adamntg said:

"We're not going to stand here and blame the referee but we are"

Any team under the control of Lennon will take their lead from his constant whining.

Hibs will be Victim FC this season, no doubt about it.

22 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Any team under the control of Lennon will take their lead from his constant whining.

Hibs will be Victim FC this season, no doubt about it.

They actually done not a bad job of it last year. Yer right though, one game in, and binned, doesn't bode well.