Europa League 2016-17 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 2016-17

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished 1-1.

Thought Aberdeen were excellent tonight from start to finish. Let down only by the fact that we couldn't put the ball in the net and by Ash Taylor turning into Efe Ambrose again.

We generally score away from home in Europe, I don't think this is over yet.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

1-1 a decent result do you think?

Of course it's not, dinnae be stupid.

We should have scored 4 or 5.

We've beaten better teams than this away from home in the last couple of years though.

If you keep playing a diddy centre half who's prone to goal costing errors, then he'll keep making goal costing errors. 

FAO Olas - Outstanding performance by Jacko tonight. He ran that midfield. Hopefully he's getting back to form and a very disappointing last season. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If you keep playing a diddy centre half who's prone to goal costing errors, then he'll keep making goal costing errors. 

FAO Olas - Outstanding performance by Jacko tonight. He ran that midfield. Hopefully he's getting back to form and a very disappointing last season. 

In a 4-4-2, and with Shinnie beside him instead of  McLean or Flood , he looked excellent. 

We were much, much better balanced tonight. Let's hope McInnes has taken note of that.

Edited by Rossy

26 minutes ago, Rossy said:

We've beaten better teams than this away from home in the last couple of years though.

Possibly still a bottling issue?

27 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Best of luck in the away leg to the last Scottish team in Europe. 

Solid performance tonight,albeit Taylor (again) although he did his bit in winning the ball to get us back into the game. 

With a bit of better fortune,this tie could've already been over. 

Not much has changed for next week though,we still need to score over there. 

And for all the fans that just turn up for the big games,please fvck off. Some of the criticism dished out tonight was ridiculous. 

My favourite was when Logan misplaced a pass (motm tonight) some muppet screamed out we should never have offered him a new contract as he's useless. 

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

My favourite was when Logan misplaced a pass (motm tonight) some muppet screamed out we should never have offered him a new contract as he's useless. 

Adam Rooney was a "fat useless f*ck" during the last round...

Some excellent performances from the Dons tonight. First mention has to go to Jack who looked like the player of two seasons ago - he pretty much dominated. Can't be any surprise that he played that way and had Shinnie next to him.  Wtf was mcinnes doing with the substitutions??  Game completely changed at that point and not for the better.  Took off two of our best players in the night.....?

However, I'd prefer to dwell on the positives, the pace and positivity for the first hour was fantastic - Maribor must have been surprised and they were made to look pretty average for large spells.

Couple of big decisions for Derek next Thursday night - hope he uses his head and not his fear of the photos McLean must have.

We're a centre half away from being decent.

Just watched the goals again.

While Taylor should have been harder for the Maribor goal, the guy got a huge amount of luck with the break of the ball and then went and finished it off really well.

It was Taylor's responsibility to get it clear, but it wasn't as massive a f*ck-up as I first thought. Good to see him get his head up afterwards and get the knock-down leading to Hayes' goal.

He's either a famine or a feast, is Taylor. Obviously he's a confidence player, and when he's playing well it looks like nothing will get past him. But when he f*cks up it all goes downhill pretty quickly.

Impressed by Aberdeen tonight.  Looked a good team and I think they can win in the away leg if they play with the same pace and aggression. 

As with Rangers and Celtic from what I've seen so far, could do with a good Centre Half. If nobody signs one it might make the league a bit more interesting.