Paddy power - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Honestly, if you cant have a wee snigger at that you really need to lighten up and remove the rod from your backside. Its so awful no-one could possibly be offended. 

My sentiments too.

Who cares ? 

In the concept of following the Scottish National team - if it looks like Scotland fans, Acts like Scotland fans, smells like Scotland fans and hopes England lose when they play like most Scotland fans do - then its probably a fair representation of Scotland fans

With the exception of the Yoon Krankies

13 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Anything that involves these deviant krankie bastards offends me.

The krankies are indeed dreadful , that pantomine accident should have killed them off years ago. Next time we are gonna need a higher beanstalk. 

However their involvement in this advert at least confirms it is nothing more than tongue in cheek. Or perhaps tongue in some deviant place. 

Its an irish company trying to ensure there is a pool of possible gamblers that can offset their losses as england cruise to the quarter finals.  

They think the best way of doing it is to come up with an inferior version of our rivals song, that's poorly made and you can hardly make out half of, as they shoe horn the words into the tune.

If a scottish company came up with an advert with an irish guy carrying a bag of spuds over his arm with a leprechaun beard, what irish person would want to give the company their business?

It just shows the scottish celebs that think more about cash than their pride

19 hours ago, Daz1982 said:

It is a very good representation of the pathetic downtrodden nation that we are.

Agree with this

it sums us up completely. Most will probably find it funny.

PP are an excellent company at getting free publicity and very often get it from adverts like this . I suspect they'll be hoping there's an outcry and lots of complaints. I can't remember exactly what it was but I do remember something about a billboard outside the some football ground, that garnered them lots of free pages of advertising due to complaints. Think it involved Roy Keane and a threat of taking them to court. Like this advert I laughed at it then forgot about it. 

44 minutes ago, G-Man said:

PP are an excellent company at getting free publicity and very often get it from adverts like this . I suspect they'll be hoping there's an outcry and lots of complaints. I can't remember exactly what it was but I do remember something about a billboard outside the some football ground, that garnered them lots of free pages of advertising due to complaints. Think it involved Roy Keane and a threat of taking them to court. Like this advert I laughed at it then forgot about it. 

Roy-Keane-as-Braveheart-Paddy-Power-3.jp

On 5/29/2016 at 1:46 PM, thistle do nicely said:

Its an irish company trying to ensure there is a pool of possible gamblers that can offset their losses as england cruise to the quarter finals.  

They think the best way of doing it is to come up with an inferior version of our rivals song, that's poorly made and you can hardly make out half of, as they shoe horn the words into the tune.

If a scottish company came up with an advert with an irish guy carrying a bag of spuds over his arm with a leprechaun beard, what irish person would want to give the company their business?

It just shows the scottish celebs that think more about cash than their pride

Well said

On 5/29/2016 at 5:18 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Rotten. 

From a rotten, dishonest company. A friend of mine had a major incident with Paddy Power a couple of years ago.

He won a 3, 3 figure sums betting in quick succession, betting via their website. When it came to attempting to make a withdrawl,  they refused to facilitate his request, then ignored him completely, after many months of attempting to contact them they finally replied with a weird request, which was not mentioned in their T&C's, basically informed him that in order to withdraw he would need to produce a receipt for a voucher he had bought, to make his initial deposit, 2 years previously! He was unable to produce such a receipt however, he was able to have the voucher company confirm said was bought with cash and that there was nothing unusual, nor concerning in relation to the purchase but this was to no avail, he then had another 6 months of being ignored before giving up. 

Paddy Powder Scam - stay clear is my advice to anyone thinking of trusting them with their funds. 

Edited by McExpat

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, Ally Bongo said:

In the concept of following the Scottish National team - if it looks like Scotland fans, Acts like Scotland fans, smells like Scotland fans and hopes England lose when they play like most Scotland fans do - then its probably a fair representation of Scotland fans

With the exception of the Yoon Krankies

Plenty of Yoons in the TA, a fair amount of whom go overboard in their hatred of England...

I saw this ad when watching the RoI V Belarus game a couple of nights ago. The Irish version has a Scotland fan lifting his kilt to show the message 'Come on Ireland!' written on his pants.

GTF....