Euros Betting - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euros Betting

killiefaetheferry

Just started looking for value........starting with pre-tournament offers :

Sky bet - £10 on the winner gets you a £3 bet every time they win (incl pens etc)

Stan James - £20 on top goalscorer gets £5 bet every time he scores.

Betfair - £25 on tournament winner gets £5 every time they win.

Hills - £10 on England gives £5 every time they win.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hills - £10 on England gives £5 every time they win.

I was about to say that looks no a bad bet - then remembered Slovakia and Russia are in their group

You might only win a fiver

I took a few longer shots to keep it interesting, 

Morata top scorer 35/1

Ronaldo top scorer and Portugal win 50/1

Iniesta player of tournament 30/1 

Also took a treble of Poland to beat N Ireland, Austria to beat Hungary and Ukraine to beat N Ireland. 6/1.

On 01/06/2016 at 11:22 AM, TartanDave said:

I took a few longer shots to keep it interesting, 

Morata top scorer 35/1

Ronaldo top scorer and Portugal win 50/1

Iniesta player of tournament 30/1 

Also took a treble of Poland to beat N Ireland, Austria to beat Hungary and Ukraine to beat N Ireland. 6/1.

Where are you getting 35s for Morata ? Going to be one of my bets but best I can see is 20's ? Ladbrokes doing 66s Spain/Morata.

14 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Where are you getting 35s for Morata ? Going to be one of my bets but best I can see is 20's ? Ladbrokes doing 66s Spain/Morata.

I'm not even sure Morata will start for Spain in all honesty, it may well be Aduriz. Had a look on PaddyPower there and Morata is 16/1 which is ludicrously low for a guy who's scoring record is pretty horrendous.

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

I'm not even sure Morata will start for Spain in all honesty, it may well be Aduriz. Had a look on PaddyPower there and Morata is 16/1 which is ludicrously low for a guy who's scoring record is pretty horrendous.

I think he will be first choice but am holding off in case Aduriz gets the nod. Morata has a decent record for Spain, and although 7 in 34 for Juve this season isn't brilliant, he does seem to score in big games. Have to admit I was looking at him as being under the radar a wee bit, so yes, 16/1 is not as good as I was hoping for, but show me the 35/1 bookie and I'm in.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

6 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Think it may have been Netbet. I used oddschecker to see who was offering best odds. Wouldn't be surprised if his odds have fell as I took him before Costa was left out squad on a hunch that would happen! 

9 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hell of a hunch ! Well played so far on that alone. I fancy Spain to do well so taking the 66/1 on Spain/Morata. Outside bet on Janko top goalscorer.

They have the easiest run to the final of themselves Germany and France so I think they represent good value.

Been sticking loose change in my bet 365 on Italy since the tail end of the season at 16/1.

They should be pretty solid at the back, and should qualify from their group.

If they don't concede many (as I expect) in the knockout games they could easily grind out a path to the latter stages...

Been looking at a goalscorer, and looking at the fixtures, Ronaldo could[/i] score a hat trick in any of their group games (Iceland, Hungary and Austria) and could get a relatively easy last 16 tie too!

I'm betting him with ladbrokes £5 for every goal scored for £20 bet.

Edited by sbcmfc

This saves me starting a new thread.

Over the last 4 Euros  the most common score has been 2-1 (21%).  There are very few upsets so we can assume that the majority of these will be 2-1 to the favourite.  The average price for 2-1 to the favourite seems to be 9/1.  If you bet a tenner on that your outlay would be £310 and if the trend continues you could expect 6-7 games to finish 2-1 to the favourite returning between £600 to £700 so a profit of between £290 and £390.  I did a similar thing during that last World Cup (having watched the Euros before) and it worked out almost exactly.  At that price you would only need 3 games to finish 2-1 to (almost) break even and the minimum at any of the last 4 tournaments has been 5.

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Can't ignore the form of Austria. About 10/1 to get to the last 8......

where on earth you find this ?

They are one of my outside fancies to do alright, maybe get quarters or semis, best I could find was 7/4 to reach quarters so I'd love to know where you found 10/1 as I would be snapping that up

Gone with Ronaldo top 20 quid on and fiver back each time he scores..

10r on Muller top scorer returning 90

5 e/w on portugal at 16/1

And 5 on a france griezeman double returning 85

Had some success on the Copa America last few days so may make another couple of bets on the Euro markets giving free bets. Got Bacca/Columbia at 5/2, Brazil 7-1 at 10/1 in-play, and over 2.5 goals, 10.5 corners, and 35 booking points in Ecuador v Peru at 5/1. The goals are starting to flow after the first round of games, and the tackles are flying in as well, so plenty cards. It's Mexico v Jamaica tonight - was 4-4 last time !

Edited by killiefaetheferry

On 6/8/2016 at 2:47 PM, Fairbairn said:

This saves me starting a new thread.

Over the last 4 Euros  the most common score has been 2-1 (21%).  There are very few upsets so we can assume that the majority of these will be 2-1 to the favourite.  The average price for 2-1 to the favourite seems to be 9/1.  If you bet a tenner on that your outlay would be £310 and if the trend continues you could expect 6-7 games to finish 2-1 to the favourite returning between £600 to £700 so a profit of between £290 and £390.  I did a similar thing during that last World Cup (having watched the Euros before) and it worked out almost exactly.  At that price you would only need 3 games to finish 2-1 to (almost) break even and the minimum at any of the last 4 tournaments has been 5.

think I might do a wee fun go at this at a £1 a game.