Stubbs to Rotherham? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stubbs to Rotherham?

Reading that Hibs have gave permission for Stubbs to speak to Rotherham? No offence (offence coming) but why would you want to join a club that barely scraped championship survival, will never gain promotion to the Premiership and have just became a legend in the eyes of Hibs fans everywhere. I'm not a Hibs fan but can't understand his thinking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bennyal said:

Reading that Hibs have gave permission for Stubbs to speak to Rotherham? No offence (offence coming) but why would you want to join a club that barely scraped championship survival, will never gain promotion to the Premiership and have just became a legend in the eyes of Hibs fans everywhere. I'm not a Hibs fan but can't understand his thinking

In 1996, would you have believed that Wigan, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading, Cardiff, Hull, Bournemouth and Burnley would all have reached the Premiership by now ? Or that Leicester would even manage to win the thing ?

Can't dismiss any club like that anymore.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Would imagine that bigger salary, much bigger pot of money for players, closer to family and will be on radar of bigger English clubs should he do a half decent job will be in his mind. 

The SPL is viewed as a pub league so god knows what they think of Scottish Championship. 

Cookie monster offski to Rotherham or anywhere else is hardly a surprise with Cummings yet to re-sign, Stokes going back to Celtic, McGinn likely to get punted, hefty fine heading Easter Road way on the back of the cup 'celebrations', another season in the second tier of Scottish football with no parachute payment , unlikely to have any money to strengthen the squad.

Cracks showing through the Scottish Cup wallpaper already.

As far as league campaigns go Stubbs has taken Hibs nowhere in 2 years. He's as well leaving now while while his reputation had been embelished somewhat by the cup win.

25 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

If he does go. Wish him all the best. He's a club legend and is welcome back anytime.

McLeish or McCall for me. 

What were your thoughts on him a few weeks ago (and that of most Hibees) ?

Genuine question as it seemed like it could have been a whole lot different before that one game (from the outside anyway).

46 minutes ago, neil r said:

Cookie monster offski to Rotherham or anywhere else is hardly a surprise with Cummings yet to re-sign, Stokes going back to Celtic, McGinn likely to get punted, hefty fine heading Easter Road way on the back of the cup 'celebrations', another season in the second tier of Scottish football with no parachute payment , unlikely to have any money to strengthen the squad.

As far as league campaigns go Stubbs has taken Hibs nowhere in 2 years. He's as well leaving now while while his reputation had been embelished somewhat by the cup win.

The obsession continues. 

1 hour ago, neil r said:

?

2 hours ago, Bennyal said:

It's not really that hard to understand: he has a choice between facing Aston Villa, Newcastle, Leeds and Nottingham Forest, or Dumbarton, Raith and Ayr.

7 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

The obsession continues. 

Point out anything thats wrong.

Oterwise the bog standard in denial post from the original 'Post when we're winning' poster continues.

Edited by neil r

10 hours ago, Bennyal said:

There's no loyalty in football, from clubs or individuals.

If Hibs were struggling in the league come Christmas, Stubbs would be punted...cup win or no cup win.

He's better to get a (well paid) job in the Championship just now when his CV looks decent.

2 hours ago, neil r said:

Point out anything thats wrong.

Oterwise the bog standard in denial post from the original 'Post when we're winning' poster continues.

No denial from me. As I see it Stubbs is away and I think this probably best for all parties. Yes he got us the Scottish Cup but failed in main priority to get promoted. 

You still got a petted lip because you lost your 1902 comfort blanket?

Rossy is right in that Stubbs has the perfect time to leave (for him).

Would  imagine his wages will be at least double along with being within a 2 hour drive of his family who haven't moved up.

Can understand why he wants to talk to Rotherham however you could easily see him away by February if the are in relegation trouble, such is the pressure on that league.

6 minutes ago, Only One Stop said:

No denial from me. As I see it Stubbs is away and I think this probably best for all parties. Yes he got us the Scottish Cup but failed in main priority to get promoted. 

You still got a petted lip because you lost your 1902 comfort blanket?

1902 comfort blanket. Dear oh dear how childish are you?

No tanks on the streets of Baghdad though eh?

3 hours ago, giblet said:

Rossy is right in that Stubbs has the perfect time to leave (for him).

Would  imagine his wages will be at least double along with being within a 2 hour drive of his family who haven't moved up.

Can understand why he wants to talk to Rotherham however you could easily see him away by February if the are in relegation trouble, such is the pressure on that league.

Totally agree with this. Currently folk want to talk to him. If Hibs have a poor summer, transfer wise,  then it might make next league season very difficult. That might kill off any interest,  so he needs to go while the going is good.

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

You do know Preston would beat most of the Scottish Premiership sides comfortably?

No he doesn't know that and more to the point neither do you!

He may think it.....like you do.