Slide Tackle

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, giblet said:

Fletcher and Mcarthur passing to the opposition.  Incredible.

Pathetic first half but let's not just give it to the usual scapegoats. I watched Fletcher specifically for his passing in the first half. He had a 100% completion record (although way too many passes to our defence). I challenge you to do the same in the 2nd.

If we had 3 Fletchers (Darren, please God not Steven)....and any central defenders..... it might be a different story.

Go onto youtube and just type in scotland v france for the link. 

With every passing year we seem to fall further behind the strength, speed, skill of these so called bigger teams and to an extent the teams we use to be on an even keel with, ie the likes of ireland,

Edited by daddybuc16

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why bother with this game?

all it was ever going to do was shatter the players and fans confidence

Totally agree... Now we go into the qualifiers with a massive negativity around the whole set up.

We are rubbish. It wouldn't matter who is in charge tonight. Strachan was spot on during the week when he said we can't even pass the ball. Our players are so far behind technically it is frightening. Teams like Georgia are even technically better, absolutely embarrassing. The whole of Scottish football is in the dark ages. Bah humbug 

Watched N and S Ireland this week and even though the irish b team got beat, both teams are looking confident.

Its like qualifying has made them believe in themselves, its like a wee guy thats finally got his hole.

Not qualifying from that group has killed us compared with our local rivals, and its going to take a while to come back

It is amazing how low Scottish football has sunk. As far as our support goes we are #5 in the world! higher than England and yet our league is impoverished while England (admittedly #6 after us) is soaring. Sure we may not be that marketable but how the feck can it have been managed so badly in Scotland for so long. Our league was far more saleable back 20 years ago. We should have a much more respectable product and league. It has been horrifically managed. England's rise should have dragged us up also. Instead we have sunk unbelievably.

The SFA as Barry Hearn said (and the SPL) need sacked. But Scotland fans are too weak to see it through so it never happens.

27 minutes ago, fringo said:

I disagree. No point in playing average or crap teams.

We should keep playing much better sides or we'll never improve and in another 18-20 years we'll still not have qualified for anything.

We also don't beat middling nations...

how does getting your confidence shot, alongside the obvious fall in rankings, in addition to not being able experiment, help anyone?!

2 minutes ago, norsefox said:

We also don't beat middling nations...

how does getting your confidence shot, alongside the obvious fall in rankings, in addition to not being able experiment, help anyone?!

How does playing crap teams help you improve ?

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

How does playing crap teams help you improve ?

Who said anything about crap teams?!

or are you telling me that our failure to beat Germany is what denied us qualification?

coming 2nd in a group sits on your ability to beat all the rest - something we've ALWAYS struggled with.

Edited by norsefox

1 minute ago, norsefox said:

Who said anything about crap teams?!

or are you telling me that our failure to beat Germany is what denied is qualification?

coming 2nd in a group sits on your ability to beat all the rest - something we've ALWAYS struggled with.

Well if you you rule out good teams and then middling teams that's what your left with.

And if we'd beaten Germany (like Ireland and Poland did) we would have qualified or got into a play off at least.

I'm actually disagreeing with the other guys who said it's pointless playing these games i.e. Italy & France.

If we avoid playing them we'll never improve.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

Well if you you rule out good teams and then middling teams that's what your left with.

And if we'd beaten Germany (like Ireland and Poland did) we would have qualified or got into a play off at least.

I'm actually disagreeing with the other guys who said it's pointless playing these games i.e. Italy & France.

So Fringo you think this game tonight will improve us?? 

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

It needs to be with players capable of improvement.

Players at the end of their careers can put in a shift to get a result in a qualifier, but are unlikely to improve in the present kind of experience

The French already saw us as a joke of a nation. I already get it in the neck every year for the 6 nations. The no vote was hilarious for them. Now the football team too with this embarassing level of football. And to top it off they're playing in that comedy pink strip.

1 minute ago, thewelk said:

The French already saw us as a joke of a nation. I already get it in the neck every year for the 6 nations. The no vote was hilarious for them. Now the football team too with this embarassing level of football. And to top it off they're playing in that comedy pink strip.

Well at least we spanked them in the 6 nations this year!