Match thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

Slide Tackle

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

That's all you need to so to get a Scotland cap these days ??

Has Kingsley done any less than McKay or McGinn who have received caps recently? And in fairness to Kingsley he didnt look out of place whilst playing for Swansea against Arsenal's international payers at the end of the season - and looked one of the better players tonight

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

That's all you need to so to get a Scotland cap these days ??

It's not how many games you've played its the ability you have. By the sounds of it there have been plenty of others at bigger clubs with more games under their belt who have not performed.

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It's not how many games you've played its the ability you have. By the sounds of it there have been plenty of others at bigger clubs with more games under their belt who have not performed.

Hes just another of Strachan's utterly useless and discredited scattergun selection policy.

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hes just another of Strachan's utterly useless and discredited scattergun selection policy.

I'd agree that Strachan's team selections are often conservative but in recent games he has tried to freshen things up, Kingsley, McGinn, Burke, McKay, Paterson, Tierney have all won first caps recently .  If one or two of them can come in and make a difference then that's got to be a good thing.

Guest faircity

We desperately need to find a couple of centre halves from somewhere. The Hanley experiment just hasnt work, he is ####in reeking and shows absolutely to signs of improvement or learning. Problems all over the gaff. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We'd still find a way to screw it up. Now if we were to take anyone on at self loathing we'd be gold medal winners every time

Our status as favourites would affect us and we'd end up slipping up to a minnow such as England.

3 hours ago, thewelk said:

The French already saw us as a joke of a nation. I already get it in the neck every year for the 6 nations. The no vote was hilarious for them. Now the football team too with this embarassing level of football. And to top it off they're playing in that comedy pink strip.

Speak for your 'Frenchies' and not the rest! One of my very best friends is French, who lived in Scotland for many years and neither he, his friends or family seen us as a joke nation, quite the opposite, including the no vote.

As for the pink top, yes that is a joke! 

3 hours ago, faircity said:

We desperately need to find a couple of centre halves from somewhere. The Hanley experiment just hasnt work, he is ####in reeking and shows absolutely to signs of improvement or learning. Problems all over the gaff. 

Aye. That defence has failed us continually. Time to look for alternatives....

I didn't watch it.

Panned out exactly as I feared. Actually bet the French -2 at 11/5

I dont see any benefits in paying the over 30 contingent in such games, It's time to blood some youngsters but Strachan wont do it.

Rapidly losing interest in the whole set up.

10 hours ago, thewelk said:

The French already saw us as a joke of a nation. I already get it in the neck every year for the 6 nations. The no vote was hilarious for them. Now the football team too with this embarassing level of football. And to top it off they're playing in that comedy pink strip.

Funny I always thought of the French as a joke as a nation, we beat them in the 6 nations and will beat them again in the coming 6 nations, Murray has just pumped 2 of their players in the tennis this week, The only french golfer that comes to mind is the guy who lost the open on the last hole to Paul Lawrie at Carnoustie, so 3 major sports where we are better than them.

Now for the Football, the French easily beat a Scotland team last night that generally looked like a group of guys going for a stag weekend to Benidorm in fancy dress, I do not read to much into a game like that,  I am sure WGS has a cunning plan going forward !!!!!

I'm going to try and stay positive. There's plenty of negativity on here as it is. I think we'll get off to a positive start and that'll get everyone up for it.

There hasn't been much good come of these friendlies but we've some top class goalkeepers and I've liked the look of youngsters Tierney and Mackay. Slovakia look as though they're going to be tough opponents but if we can find our best form in every game we can do it!

There's just not going to be any room for Tbilisi like performances in this group....best foot forward every game!?

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

I'd actually put us in the rung of countries like Malta at present.

We will take points from us. A win there will be an achievement.

That's how far we have plummeted folks.

Yea think we may struggle

2 hours ago, wellyman said:

Funny I always thought of the French as a joke as a nation, we beat them in the 6 nations and will beat them again in the coming 6 nations, Murray has just pumped 2 of their players in the tennis this week, The only french golfer that comes to mind is the guy who lost the open on the last hole to Paul Lawrie at Carnoustie, so 3 major sports where we are better than them.

Now for the Football, the French easily beat a Scotland team last night that generally looked like a group of guys going for a stag weekend to Benidorm in fancy dress, I do not read to much into a game like that,  I am sure WGS has a cunning plan going forward !!!!!

Id rather be good at football than the rest of those sports

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Yea think we may struggle

Id rather be good at football than the rest of those sports

I agree but when you look at the starting line up last night , there are easily 6 to 7 players you can throw into the team that would improve it.

There are group of young guys who will be playing more football for their club teams this season and if WGS has the sense and is brave enough he should play them.

4 hours ago, wellyman said:

Who honestly gives a shit about rugby, tennis or golf? 

53 minutes ago, wellyman said:

I agree but when you look at the starting line up last night , there are easily 6 to 7 players you can throw into the team that would improve it.

There are group of young guys who will be playing more football for their club teams this season and if WGS has the sense and is brave enough he should play them.

Aye i agree, we need to play guys like Mcginn, Gauld, Christie etc