Strachan..out...poll - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan..out...poll

scotsgary2

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would keep him for the next campaign I'm not reading into the last two games too much playing better teams, away from home, at the end of the season, when they have things to play for and we don't. The sad truth is we don't have good enough players to compete with pot 1 teams. Overall results wise over his time with Scotland done ok don't know who would realistically come in and do anything better

Out of interest who would be your preferred candidate to take over?

He must stay. We have no one else who would touch the job and are looking at levein types again.Not the manager ee have no quality players 

53 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

See how we start the qualifiers and see.

I'll repeat myself again here, if he is to be replaced then why the feck do we need to have a Scottish manager ? A foreigner is the only other option. 

Mate dont know the answer to that...

Surely there must be somebody......I f**king do it myself better at least get players up for it u know 

As disappointed as I am that we did not qualify I don't think changing now (who to?) would be a good idea and I don't think losses to Italy and France in friendlies are really sackable offences - even if we didn't manage a shot on target in either game.
I would like to see more imagination and courage in selection for friendlies. There seems little point in calling for new, match winners to come through if we are not going to give players the opportunities to show what they can do in friendlies - or games like Gibraltar.

1 minute ago, flicktokick said:

As disappointed as I am that we did not qualify I don't think changing now (who to?) would be a good idea and I don't think losses to Italy and France in friendlies are really sackable offences - even if we didn't manage a shot on target in either game.
I would like to see more imagination and courage in selection for friendlies. There seems little point in calling for new, match winners to come through if we are not going to give players the opportunities to show what they can do in friendlies - or games like Gibraltar.

Friendlies ???

Shouldnt have been retained after the last qualifying campaign. If anything, his stock has fallen since then, get rid off him IMO, however we will be stuck with him until we fail miserably next campaign.

1 minute ago, scotsgary2 said:

Friendlies ???

?

By that I mean I understand keeping a settled team and not taking risks in competitive matches where you need the points, but - ranking points aside - friendlies are where you can experiment, try new players and set people free to take risks. That is why I would play on every friendly date, that gives us the maximum chance to unearth a new player capable of making an impact and give them game time to settle.

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of my increasing doubt for now but he is starting to annoy me with his curious selection policy and perseverance with old guys rather than developing youth. His ridiculous comments about not picking Celtic players because of upcoming European football whilst picking others who have similar games and not picking Rhodes, Wallace et al "because we know what they can do" but picking Fletcher, Hutton and Greer are annoying me too.

49 minutes ago, TartanDave said:

Stay. Give him first 5 games with a 9 point target, assess from there. 

That right there is why we don't get anywhere. We accept losses.

Guest allyc

Get rid...feel good factor around him has well and truly gone.only pain and further embarrassment lay ahead.just when you thought you couldn't feel any lower....

Out now, his only ever success as a manager was with Celtic, anybody can win the league with them, everywhere else he has been he has been a bombscare, stubborn and sticking with failures, we have one of the most natural goalscorers in britain wants to play and he wont even put him in the squad, time for him to go

This is a pointless poll because a new deal up until 2020 is imminent!!

I keep asking you yet get no answer, who else is there realistically!!?

I am sick of this Gordon witchhunt after 2 friendly losses to ITALY and FRANCE, ffs it wasn't Kosovo or the Faroes!!

Plus, in the qualifiers it was only the Georgia result that was bad, the sane Georgia that beat Alex McLeish's Scotland yet he got off with a slating, its as if its Rangers fans wanting Gordon sacked.

So SHUT UP and get it into your thick heads that Gordon ain't going anywhere! 

Unless he reads on here because these posts would lead to him resigning.

Rant over hahahaha.

ps, I am not shy to call for managers heads as those who know me will know, very early on in the season, I was calling for John Hughes' sacking.

8 minutes ago, tartanpar said:

I am still behind him but I have very little faith. We need 6 points from our first two games against Malta and Italy.  If we fail to get 6 points in those two games then I think he should go. 

Did somebody decide that our group wasn't already hard enough?:lol:

1 minute ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Anyone who thinks we have a cat in hells chance of qualifying for Russia must have been out in the sun too much over the last few days.

Give me sun than sh*t any day pal..

Why has some of this board given up   F**king amazing..

Believe Strachan and yes we are bunch of wot was it ? not world beaters his last defeatist rant or I probably missed one maybe