Season ticket sales - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

How's your respective clubs doing?

celtic are set to be way above 50k which is quite something. 

Why is it quite something? 

Id say it was always going to happen now that the other lot are back up, that coupled with the removal of delia was always going to see more people go back to Celtic park 

I think United have just passed 2,000.  They claim that's up on the same point last year but that's a load of old bollocks.  They started punting them weeks earlier this time round so they could keep the prices the same despite imminent relegation. They think we're daft.  

I expect we'll have a fair walk-up gate this year if things go well but I'd be shocked if season tickets were much more than half of last year's. 

7 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I think United have just passed 2,000.  They claim that's up on the same point last year but that's a load of old bollocks.  They started punting them weeks earlier this time round so they could keep the prices the same despite imminent relegation. They think we're daft.  

I expect we'll have a fair walk-up gate this year if things go well but I'd be shocked if season tickets were much more than half of last year's. 

To be fair it's harsh to compare sales to last year from the Premiership. It'd be fairer to see what other relegated clubs drop off has been as a percentage. 

I thought Utd's support had held up quite well towards the end of last season? 

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

How many have been sold so far? When's the renewal cut off date?

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

There'll still only be 25k on average actually in the ground.

Are they selling seats for the sections they've had closed of for most of the last 3 years ?

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Based on that "message" from McInnes that the club posted, I'd assume they were poor at the end of May.

Not sure why the club would be surprised at that.

There is no incentive to buy early this year. 

None of my lot have renewed yet. Might do it at the weekend but probably wait until next week. 

I'm actually looking for 1 extra this year but need to wait until the renewal period is over to see if there is anything near by. If there is that would be an indication of sales being down.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

How many have been sold so far? When's the renewal cut off date?

Renewals are done, today was first day of general sale. Folk queueing for 8 hours, think the office is still open. 48k was what I heard.

rossy, the 'seats of shame' are set to be sold. The banners have been taken down anyway.

12 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Renewals are done, today was first day of general sale. Folk queueing for 8 hours, think the office is still open. 48k was what I heard.

It does smack a bit of Celtic fans being interested in supporting their team when Rangers are there.

Just over 15,000 at Huddersfield but there's been a special offer to get them for £179 anywhere in the ground, along with us looking slightly better than usual under David Wagner. When the football & the prices return to normality we'll probably drift back to the regular 8-9,000.

46 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It does smack a bit of Celtic fans being interested in supporting their team when Rangers are there.

I'm sure it is a major factor. 

The new manager has got people excited too. I think you have to go back to O'Neil to find a manager the fans have been so excited about. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm sure it is a major factor. 

The new manager has got people excited too. I think you have to go back to O'Neil to find a manager the fans have been so excited about. 

Got to agree that Rodgers will have helped attract a few into buying. He's the biggest signing in scottish football for quite a while.

Saw a quote online, might be a fake, but thought it was quite funny.

STV news interviewed a Celtic fan in the queue at parkhead and asked if he was buying as Rangers were back, he replied "im queuing for a season ticket, not a time machine"

:lol:

(I know a lot of that patter is chronic, but thought that was quite a good line)

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Saw a quote online, might be a fake, but thought it was quite funny.

STV news interviewed a Celtic fan in the queue at parkhead and asked if he was buying as Rangers were back, he replied "im queuing for a season ticket, not a time machine"

(I know a lot of that patter is chronic, but thought that was quite a good line)

I watched the STV news and there wasn't anything like that. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be fair it's harsh to compare sales to last year from the Premiership. It'd be fairer to see what other relegated clubs drop off has been as a percentage. 

I thought Utd's support had held up quite well towards the end of last season? 

It did really, given the circumstances.   Last time we were in Div 1 I'm pretty sure our crowds actually went up. 

This time though they rushed out the renewals before relegation was confirmed so they could keep the prices the same.  As I said, we're no that daft. 

We're apparently "slashing" costs, but given the TV deal is rotten and the ticket prices are the same - will we really so much worse off?  By the time the top earners have left (most have already) I don't think income to expenditure should change much. 

7 hours ago, adamntg said:

It did really, given the circumstances.   Last time we were in Div 1 I'm pretty sure our crowds actually went up. 

This time though they rushed out the renewals before relegation was confirmed so they could keep the prices the same.  As I said, we're no that daft. 

We're apparently "slashing" costs, but given the TV deal is rotten and the ticket prices are the same - will we really so much worse off?  By the time the top earners have left (most have already) I don't think income to expenditure should change much. 

This is always a thing I think is unfair, ticket prices creep up (or in this case remain the same) but the product is diluted by cost cutting, and in this case relegation.

Bizarelly after telling Motherwell fans how much we needed Rangers and how we should find other ways to help the club financially when they were away (after all the fans insisted on not letting them back in the top flight), Motherwell have put their prices up, citing more category 1 games as a reason.

I miss too many games to be worth buying a season ticket. There's no really value given we've sold out an allocation twice in my life.

Will start to be an option when the kids are a bit older as they do good family packages.

Only natural celtic will be anticipating a better challenge this year (no offence to dons as done no bad last year).  But as Old Firm rivals plus Rodgers factor it's a given.  Or maybe it's because wee joey has signed and they want to see him!!  Cant wait for the wind ups (of barton) at these games. 

Guest BlueGaz

Cut off for renewal was 3 June, new sale starts beginning of July I think which has surprised me, thought it would be this week.  I expect c40k.

6 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

general sale opened for Hearts this morning, sold 12,500 so far so should get the 13,500 we got last year. think its limited to 13,800 for the season tickets.

impressive again.  where are they going to put all the main stand holders when you do your rebuild this year?