Season ticket sales - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

You think people are paying circa £500 for two games against Sevco?

Fair enough. I noticed that you didn't bother to answer my question but if that's what you honestly believe then ok.

Of course they did.  

Do you think on September 10th your programme will say Sevco and say we are 4 years old?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

Fair enough. I noticed that you didn't bother to answer my question but if that's what you honestly believe then ok.

Are you seriously trying to say that the extra 10k season tickets or so sold are mainly as a result of Rodgers being appointed manager and not that fact your old firm pals are back in the top flight ? 

15 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

I thought I did answer your question.

:lol:

I clarified my point too.

Folk aren't paying £500 for 2 games, folk are willing to pay £500 for 10-15 games to  guarantee a ticket for 2 games. Last 4 seasons there was no need.

Brendan Rodgers arrival may well have helped, but you are kidding yourself on if you don't think the return of Rangers is a factor.

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

Of course they did.  

Do you think on September 10th your programme will say Sevco and say we are 4 years old?

Sevco 5088 changed their name to Rangers, so it might say Rangers, that won't change the fact that it is a 4 year old club though.

I didn't think that needed explained to you, and I expect it probably didn't.

11 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Are you seriously trying to say that the extra 10k season tickets or so sold are mainly as a result of Rodgers being appointed manager and not that fact your old firm pals are back in the top flight ?

As I said to the other poster, there wasn't a rush for season tickets before Rodgers was signed while we've known Sevco would be promoted for several months. So to answer your question, that's exactly what I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought I did answer your question.

I clarified my point too.

Folk aren't paying £500 for 2 games, folk are willing to pay £500 for 10-15 games to  guarantee a ticket for 2 games. Last 4 seasons there was no need.

Brendan Rodgers arrival may well have helped, but you are kidding yourself on if you don't think the return of Rangers is a factor.

I might be a factor for some people but it is you who is kidding yourself if you think that we'd have sold the amount we have had we appointed someone like Owen Coyle or John Hughes etc.

Semi final tickets went to general sale the past two seasons against them, that doesn't suggest to me that people are buying tickets based on them being in the top flight.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

So the (actual) attendance at games v killie, Hamilton and Motherwell will be the same as v Rangers.

No. I have no idea where you're getting that from either because I never said that.

Games v old Rangers always sold out, or were very close to it, I don't expect that to change with the new club but you're claiming that people have bought season tickets primarily because of them being in the league which is ridiclous.

6 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

Games v old Rangers always sold out, or were very close to it, I don't expect that to change with the new club but you're claiming that people have bought season tickets primarily because of them being in the league which is ridiclous.

It's not ridiculous at all.

I think claiming Celtic's increase in season ticket sales isn't because of Rangers being back in the league* is ridiculous.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle? I have absolutely no doubt it's a very big factor in the increase.

Guest BlueGaz
22 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

No. I have no idea where you're getting that from either because I never said that.

Lets have a vigil.  Try and outcast naivety and rid ourselves of denial.  

Guest BlueGaz
27 minutes ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

I think it is 100% because of Rodgers that you have sold all your tickets.

The reason that we have sold more season tickets this year is because all the teuchtars and irish folk have suddenly decided that because the baddies are back they want a slice of the action again. 

2 hours ago, Mox said:

The reason that we have sold more season tickets this year is because all the teuchtars and irish folk have suddenly decided that because the baddies are back they want a slice of the action again. 

Back.....? :ph34r: