Trident renewal - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay the aformentioned email didn't copy over.  So in case you were wondering CND sent me this earlier today:

"With a vote on Trident replacement expected later this year, it is vital that the Labour Party policy review hears from those who oppose spending more than £200 on a new generation of nuclear weapons. While the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Green and SDLP MPs are united in opposition to Trident, the Labour Party is deeply divided and the outcome of this review will be crucial to future policy."

Edited by Hertsscot

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Okay the aformentioned email didn't copy over.  So in case you were wondering CND sent me this earlier today:

"With a vote on Trident replacement expected later this year, it is vital that the Labour Party policy review hears from those who oppose spending more than £200 on a new generation of nuclear weapons. While the SNP, Plaid Cymru, Green and SDLP MPs are united in opposition to Trident, the Labour Party is deeply divided and the outcome of this review will be crucial to future policy."

Aye, if that's all it costs then I might get one myself.:lol:

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It would be a pretty effective deterrent to stop his neighbours pinching apples off his tree....

Aye, like I'm going to be daft enough to nuke my next door neighbour. :huh:

I have a better deterrent for that. I chopped doon my apple tree.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest flumax
9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

MPs vote to renew Trident. No great surprise...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36830923

Can someone explain why so much support. 

I don't get who it will protect us against? Russia, China, USA would destroy UK and with their firepower. Isis, where are they? 

It's just an expensive ticket to the top "diplomatic" table

Great to know that our new PM says she's right up for some indiscriminate mass slaughter of men, women and children should the occasion ever arise. #bettertogether

Edited by neilser

20 minutes ago, neilser said:

Great to know that our new PM says she's right up for some indiscriminate mass slaughter of men, women and children should the occasion ever arise. #bettertogether

Don't know about you, but i'm certainly gonna sleep better tonight.

A fecking killer of a speech from Tommy Sheppard today against the nukes. Watch it or read it on Hansard.

As much as I like Angus Robertson who does a great job leading them at Westminster - Sheppard for me, really has got to be the next deputy leader of the party. He's on the same wavelength as the majority of the new post-referendum membership and it's important that they get a powerful voice at the top of the SNP now.

Labour MPs Neil Coyle and Jamie Reed openly attacked Corbyn whilst making he was making his speech whilst John Woodcock was his usual vile self. 

Then Vernon Coaker got really quite unnecessarily nasty at the SNP today, red face, throbbing veins, finger pointing angry. A little disturbing if you watch it.

Oh and Alberto Costa made a hilarious cameo appearance.

I will repeat what i said a few days ago on another thread. A nuclear weapon is only a threat to the enemy if they think you will use it. Despite what Theresa May says there is nothing that convinces me this governernment would use it, that is probably the nicest compliment I could give the Tories. 

Its an abomination and complete waste of money.  

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A fecking killer of a speech from Tommy Sheppard today against the nukes. Watch it or read it on Hansard.

As much as I like Angus Robertson who does a great job leading them at Westminster - Sheppard for me, really has got to be the next deputy leader of the party. He's on the same wavelength as the majority of the new post-referendum membership and it's important that they get a powerful voice at the top of the SNP now.

Labour MPs Neil Coyle and Jamie Reed openly attacked Corbyn whilst making he was making his speech whilst John Woodcock was his usual vile self. 

Then Vernon Coaker got really quite unnecessarily nasty at the SNP today, red face, throbbing veins, finger pointing angry. A little disturbing if you watch it.

Oh and Alberto Costa made a hilarious cameo appearance.

Saw Mhairi Black's speech which was superb

I will be honest up to a few years ago I was in the better to have than not camp but as I have started to question what we are told more and more I have slowly swung to the we don't need then now side. The way the media spin things to there own agenda and the establishment pushes us down the less I trust the media. Russia is still pushed as being the big bad guy but yet the biggest threats to us comes not from large superpowers but from terrorists. Even if a terrorist group somehow managed to get hold of and fire a nuke against us we would have no target to fire back at so where is the point. We would be far better giving our troops the kit to perform and not just the cheapest option and use them in better ways