Average weekly shop - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, euan2020 said:

question for the ladies

what about shits and giggles money  -  "

ie nothing for the house, food , kids - going out, hair , clothe's blah blah 

what would you need per month 

I honestly have no idea what i spend a month on girly ( i might be stretchng that a bit ) things. 

£15 (including tip...) every 2 months for a haircut.  So £7.50 a month. Always wear make up but not much and def not expensive stuff so say another £7.50 a month on make up. Have never had a manicure or pedicure and have only had a facial once . It was shit, i looked no different whatsoever. 

Always get perfume for birthdays or  xmas so spend nothing on that.  Biggest cosmetic expense is face cream. Spend about £50 a month between the 2 face creams i use.

Clothes , some months i spend nothing then the next month i go mental .  Probably £100-£150 a month averaged . Going out money probably £200 -£ 250 a month,  maybe more. But that will include my contribution towards a meal out  once or twice a month .

These  are all my estimates. The truth of course is probably a lot more. 

If any of your wives or girlfriends do spend a lot more dont be dragging me into it. ' Hey Chardonnay doll, that TDYER63 fae the TAMB only spends £7.50 a month getting her hair cut , why do you spend more than that getting yer armpits waxed'?  '

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I honestly have no idea what i spend a month on girly ( i might be stretchng that a bit ) things. 

£15 (including tip...) every 2 months for a haircut.  So £7.50 a month. Always wear make up but not much and def not expensive stuff so say another £7.50 a month on make up. Have never had a manicure or pedicure and have only had a facial once . It was shit, i looked no different whatsoever. 

Always get perfume for birthdays or  xmas so spend nothing on that.  Biggest cosmetic expense is face cream. Spend about £50 a month between the 2 face creams i use.

Clothes , some months i spend nothing then the next month i go mental .  Probably £100-£150 a month averaged . Going out money probably £200 -£ 250 a month,  maybe more. But that will include my contribution towards a meal out  once or twice a month .

If any of your wives or girlfriends do spend a lot more dont be dragging me into it. ' Hey Chardonnay doll, that TDYER63 fae the TAMB only spends £7.50 a month getting her hair cut , why do you spend more than that getting yer armpits waxed'?  '

:lol:

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Oo err :yikes3:

16 hours ago, euan2020 said:

question for the ladies

what about shits and giggles money  -  "

ie nothing for the house, food , kids - going out, hair , clothe's blah blah 

what would you need per month 

just for the ladies? Men don't spend their money frivolously? it all goes to the essentials - house, food, kids, football, cars, booze, godawful replica football tops  - every penny is a prisoner and nothing wasted on self indulgence.

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

just for the ladies? Men don't spend their money frivolously? it all goes to the essentials - house, food, kids, football, cars, booze, godawful replica football tops  - every penny is a prisoner and nothing wasted on self indulgence.

wasn't the question 

question was what do you need for shits and giggles money 

you can answer yourself what you need for shits and giggles money  

was more in context of what is reasonable for each party to spend on a single nett wage  - 10%, 20%, 30%  or what ? could even answer it in context of UK average wage of GBP 26,500.  

Equivalent of 200 beers or what 

Edited by euan2020

Feck me  £300 a week. 

We bulk buy from the cash and carry things like toilet roll, diluting juice, washing powder, etc. That stuff can last months. 

On food a week, we plan our meals Monday to Friday and pre prep lunches for 3 days for work. 

Breakfast - porridge 

Lunch - chicken/pork with brown rice and veg or soup 

Tea - meat with sweet potato and veg or similar. 

We can go and get a weekly shop for £50/60 Eat well, and healthier these days and have found that extra money can get us an additional holiday on top of what we have. 

We usually have a take away at the weekend albeit or do have a meal out, but we'll have a Groupon or use 5pm for a deal. 

Jesus wept. Some of the numbers on here are mental!!

Blended family of 8 and we spend approx. £4-500 a month. A decent freezer shop at the start (£200) and an Aldi shop (£50-75) every week. 

And we still throw too much away. There is a pineapple in the bin today. Who buys a pineapple?! 

22 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Jesus wept. Some of the numbers on here are mental!!

Blended family of 8 and we spend approx. £4-500 a month. A decent freezer shop at the start (£200) and an Aldi shop (£50-75) every week. 

And we still throw too much away. There is a pineapple in the bin today. Who buys a pineapple?! 

0907102021.jpg