Engerland Fans - Page 4 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland Fans

Ormond

9 hours ago, Help ma Boab said:

Yes it does but at International games fighting sometimes breaks out amongst fans of the same Nation when club loyalties come into it (look at every England flag they all have their club team initials on them).  The Dutch have a huge problem with this between Ajax and Feyenoord  

Sorry, but I can't think of a single case of the Dutch causing trouble at international level.  They do have a big domestic problem but this doesn't translate itself to internationals.  

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Breakfast reporting that there is now a festival atmosphere in Marseille

Festival atmosphere at 9.45am in the morning

Festival atmosphere ..................

13 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

24 hour party people

True

In my experience most riots generally happen some time after 9.45am as every nutjob from the night before is still in their bed and the rest are in homebase picking their chairs and tables of choice for later

45 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

BBC Breakfast reporting that there is now a festival atmosphere in Marseille

Festival atmosphere at 9.45am in the morning

Festival atmosphere ..................

I would think a festival atmosphere at 945 am could be a very different atmosphere by 8pm.

:lol:

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Sorry, but I can't think of a single case of the Dutch causing trouble at international level.  They do have a big domestic problem but this doesn't translate itself to internationals.  

Speaking to a Dutch bar man years ago he was saying all the club fans have a pack that when international games come along there is no in fighting and no club loyalty which is why no fighting at international games

6 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

correct me if wrong but was there no a bit of history with the Dutch and the English in the 80s and 90s ?

You're right - there was trouble in Rotterdam 93 after Ronald Koeman scored twice against them.

40 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

correct me if wrong but was there no a bit of history with the Dutch and the English in the 80s and 90s ?

A bit of a common thread there though. 

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

They interviewed some Chelsea fans who said it was a Rangers mob that started it

Seriously though - with the security situation in France do the CRS really need this distraction ?

Only a matter of time before they carry out force with extreme prejudice which is a shame for the decent fans that are there (if there are any) 

3523ECB900000578-3636499-A_chair_is_hurl

Middle aged, bald fat Rangers fan, who would have guessed it.....

Kevin the England supporters spokesman has just been on sky to clarify that its only 1% of english fans involved and they were provoked by locals and russian fans plus the police have been too heavy handed sky report the english authorities have complained about the police actions .

You couldnae make these rockets up 

14 hours ago, Help ma Boab said:

England fans often also don't help themselves as they have a habit of tying to rouse up the locals with chants, one of their favourites being 'I would rather be a Paki than a (insert nationality). 

What would they sing if they played Pakistan?

10 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Kevin the England supporters spokesman has just been on sky to clarify that its only 1% of english fans involved and they were provoked by locals and russian fans plus the police have been too heavy handed

Jim Traynor's new nom de guerre ?

1 hour ago, Brassrubber said:

Kevin the England supporters spokesman has just been on sky to clarify that its only 1% of english fans involved and they were provoked by locals and russian fans plus the police have been too heavy handed sky report the english authorities have complained about the police actions .

You couldnae make these rockets up 

I think we could have guessed those lines would have been trotted out, they've been well used before...every time England get into trouble. 

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

;)

You would really need to see St Denis to believe it - clearly its much worse now than it was 18 years ago which must be saying something

We also stayed in St Denis in 98. Nothing wrong with the place or the inhabitants. The were very friendly and welcoming, unlike the Parisians.

Think the Russians are getting tore into them to be fair

Russia takes it's hooliganism seriously .....

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Think the Russians are getting tore into them to be fair

Russia takes it's hooliganism seriously .....

Your average middle class Russian holiday maker in the Caribbean is a drunk ignorant muscle head twat. I can't imagine what the hooligans must me like...

Still, the English are quite an easy fish to hook.

There's about 16 of us going to marseille on Thursday including about 5 English boys, very much looking forward to it.

Carl Craig live on the Friday night and then Iceland- Hungary on the Saturday.