Engerland Fans - Page 9 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland Fans

Ormond

3 minutes ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

I have never in all my years watching football home,abroad or on the telly seen trouble like has happened over the last 3 days in marseille.Sickening and feel sorry for the genuine fans and locals caught up in it.It will be miracle if no one dies there.Any news and the fan who was battered and thrown in to the sea the other day as nothing has been mentioned yet.

How old are you? Not old enough to remember Heysel, that's for sure. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England and Russia threatened with disqualification if the violence continues. Think that places the blame at the door of some England fans, just as much as the Russians (not in the stadium) despite attempts all over social media to downplay their role in the trouble. Let's see if UEFA have the courage of their convictions if it comes to that.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/euros-disqualification-threat-violence-142729275.html

52 minutes ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

i am old enough to remember heysel but what is that got to do with whats happening in france.

39 people killed because of football hooliganism and somehow what's been going on in Marseilles is worse than that.

5 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Watched the game in a pub in Invergordon. Two scottish guys sitting in England tops singing Rangers songs. Going mental when England scored. One guy asked why he was supporting england like that if he was scottish. F*ck Scotland was the reply I'm a rangers season ticker holder! 

Couldn't stand them. I don't understand these types of people's reasoning either. Because they are 'true brits' they jump on supporting england but hate Scotland at the same time. ####ers 

It's known as 'Inbred'gordon for a reason!

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

39 people killed because of football hooliganism and somehow what's been going on in Marseilles is worse than that.

Nothing is worse than folk being killed which was sad and maybe i should have posted differently.I meant it was the worst vioence seen at euro championships and world cup games and there has been plenty of that over the years.

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just imagine the amount of self loathing you have to be those kind of people 

Must be humungous

Couple of my gers pals facebooked good luck england, gb forever,before last night game.  I asked why they hadnt congratulated Wales.  'whats that got to do with it?' was reply.  I have said on here many times that some of our (gers) support are an embarrasment and I used to get in to some bother (not fisticuffs)  at the time of the england top trend.  Eventually realised it wasnt worth it as I could never change their set minds.  Still an emabarrasment though I agree.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Easy now.

The decrepit stadium at Heysel played as much a part to the number of fatalities as the hooliganism.

16 minutes ago, Goozay said:

Easy now.

The decrepit stadium at Heysel played as much a part to the number of fatalities as the hooliganism.

Would anyone have died if the Liverpool fans not charged the Juventus fans?

The state of the stadium was a contributory factor but the deaths were caused by hooliganism. 

8 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Watched the game in a pub in Invergordon. Two scottish guys sitting in England tops singing Rangers songs. Going mental when England scored. One guy asked why he was supporting england like that if he was scottish. F*ck Scotland was the reply I'm a rangers season ticker holder!

Hope you offered some words of consolation when Russia equalised...

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Would anyone have died if the Liverpool fans not charged the Juventus fans?

The state of the stadium was a contributory factor but the deaths were caused by hooliganism. 

Your posts are misleading. They suggest that 39 folk died at Heysel in hand to hand combat like we've seen in Marseille.

A wall collapsed at Heysel, did the hooligans construct the stadium, deliberately weaken the wall or choose to host the European Final there?

10 minutes ago, Goozay said:

Your posts are misleading. They suggest that 39 folk died at Heysel in hand to hand combat like we've seen in Marseille.

A wall collapsed at Heysel, did the hooligans construct the stadium, deliberately weaken the wall or choose to host the European Final there?

Are they, where did I suggest that?

The OP said that the scenes in Marseilles were the worst he'd seen in his lifetime.  That's just hyperbolic nonsense when you compare it to 39 deaths at Heysel.

Lots of contributory factors but ultimately it was Liverpool fans to blame  

Heysel was a shambolic stadium,juventus fans were in a part of the stadium that they werent meant to be,uefa organised the game.If last nights game had been played in a stadium like heysel then there would have been deaths thats for sure.Anyway this thread is about england fans not liverpool.

9 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Couldn't stand them. I don't understand these types of people's reasoning either. Because they are 'true brits' they jump on supporting england but hate Scotland at the same time. ####ers 

Ah you must have bumped into my bigoted, orange, hillbilly neighbour who wears the same unwashed Rangers shirt from 1999 everyday.

He went on holiday three days ago.

Hasn't cut his grass for about two years either the lazy cünt.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Are they, where did I suggest that?

The OP said that the scenes in Marseilles were the worst he'd seen in his lifetime.  That's just hyperbolic nonsense when you compare it to 39 deaths at Heysel.

Lots of contributory factors but ultimately it was Liverpool fans to blame  

The scenes of fans rioting in Marseille were worse than the scenes of fans rioting at Heysel.

The consequences of Heysel were far greater.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ah you must have bumped into my bigoted, orange, hillbilly neighbour who wears the same unwashed Rangers shirt from 1999 everyday.

He went on holiday three days ago.

Hasn't cut his grass for about two years either the lazy cünt.

If he's away for a couple of weeks, get a massive bottle of weedkiller and nip over at night and spray it all over his lawn.

J

There is as much chance of UEFA throwing Russia or England out of the tournament as there is of us qualifying for the next World Cup

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is as much chance of UEFA throwing Russia or England out of the tournament as there is of us qualifying for the next World Cup

Now the Jerries and Ukrainians seem to have caught the chair chucking bug too....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637910/So-face-ban-Germany-Ukraine-supporters-clash-Euro-2016-marred-fourth-day-violence.html

Iceland to win the Euros by default after everyone else gets disqualified?...

16 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

I have never in all my years watching football home,abroad or on the telly seen trouble like has happened over the last 3 days in marseille.Sickening and feel sorry for the genuine fans and locals caught up in it.It will be miracle if no one dies there.Any news and the fan who was battered and thrown in to the sea the other day as nothing has been mentioned yet.

He's a Huddersfield fan, guy called Tom Scandling. I don't know him myself so don't know how involved he was in anything, but he got out OK anyway.

12 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Heysel was a shambolic stadium,juventus fans were in a part of the stadium that they werent meant to be,uefa organised the game.If last nights game had been played in a stadium like heysel then there would have been deaths thats for sure.Anyway this thread is about england fans not liverpool.

They were not all Liverpool fans in Heysel causing the trouble , so you could argue that it was fans from England !!!